Paying bills when everywhere is closed

cnxgary

When I do go I pay about 4x or more times the billed amount when possible.  That way I have a credit which will be available to pay future bills without my going anywhere.  Works great for phone company long distance paid at the post office but not possible for everything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Got my new card from 3BB that u use to pay in a 7-11 etc, but I messed it up taking the laminate off so the wife went to see if it would work in Tesco, no problem. only 10 charge but 7-11 charge 15 baht, robbing gits.

I was paying 749 for 200/200 I think, but my speed was nowhere near that, so once the year contract finished I told them to change back to the 631 per month deal.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

When I do go I pay about 4x or more times the billed amount when possible.  That way I have a credit which will be available to pay future bills without my going anywhere.  Works great for phone company long distance paid at the post office but not possible for everything.

As my old and revered finance lecturer used to say, 'pay all bills as late as possible,  Why give free money to utility companies and deprive yourself of the interest and the cash flow'?   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dante99 said:

Convenience and economy.  Cheaper to make one trip and pay one time payment fee than it is to make multiple trips and fees.  True because bill is small compared to cost of transport.  Even a large company experiences costs for making a payment which could be prohibitive for making $10-20 payments.

Your finance lecturer was most likely correct in the advice about paying large bills.  He was also talking about a time when you actually did get interest on deposits which mostly does not apply now.  Nobody is getting 4% on their working capital accounts like we were 20 years ago when your finance book was writen and many are paying because of negative interest which is quite widespread.

So I have a some thousands of baht  out in advanced payments, total less than 10k.  The interest on that is a few stang or nothing and the effect on my cash flow is nil.  If a few thousand baht is significant for your cash flow, you need a new job.

all of 'my' cash is significant, to me. 

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Micro manage, kit nieow or don't have much?  Micro manage is like "penny wise pound foolish", didn't your revered finance instructor warn you about that?

1 minute ago, Dante99 said:

Micro manage, kit nieow or don't have much?  Micro manage is like "penny wise pound foolish", didn't your revered finance instructor warn you about that?

whatever mate.  

20 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

What about the 8 baht that slipped out of your pocket and is under the seat of your car?  Ah, no car.

Okay the 5 baht under the cushion of your sofa.  Oh, no sofa.

The 21 baht under your underwater in your drawer?  Sheesh no drawers either.

Okay got it loud and clear.

Good luck.

16 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Not sure why you are getting bent out of shape about me and my finances, of which you know nothing.  Look to your own mate and calm down, Jai yen yen.  I suspect  that self isolation is getting to you.  

I’m on a small Pacific island with a lovely lady and no virus around, only happy natives and clear sky.  No lockdown or isolation here. Calm, calm, calm here for over a month.

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

I’m on a small Pacific island with a lovely lady and no virus around, only happy natives and clear sky.  No lockdown or isolation here. Calm, calm, calm here for over a month.

Bill, Spare change can easily get stuck in your, and hers, sarongs. Be sure and check before washing !

cheers, ~o:37;

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Just as well you are feeling calm. You're going to be there for a lot longer than a month.

Perhaps.  It’s not a bad place to be but if I get the itch I could stock up and set sail in a few hours.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, Pilotman said:

all 7/11's , Tesco Minis, Mini Marts and Big C minis around me are open, no issue paying bills or buying supplies. 

And 3BB probably have a call centre still open, call them and ask where you can pay.

And if you have on-line banking ask the 3BB person to give you their bank name, a/c name and number etc.

You can set up such payments on internet banking in 1 or 2 minutes. 

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

As my old and revered finance lecturer used to say, 'pay all bills as late as possible,  Why give free money to utility companies and deprive yourself of the interest and the cash flow'?   

just what my late Father said to me many many years ago, and he was right !!

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:34 AM, cnxgary said:

Due to Corvid the 3bb kiosk at Kad Suan Keow is closed as I assume all are for how long who knows. To keep from being disconnected for not keeping up on payments where does one go to pay? 

About 4 meters from the kiosk is a Bangkok Bank, pay it there.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, Dante99 said:

Convenience and economy.  Cheaper to make one trip and pay one time payment fee than it is to make multiple trips and fees.  True because bill is small compared to cost of transport.  Even a large company experiences costs for making a payment which could be prohibitive for making $10-20 payments.

Your finance lecturer was most likely correct in the advice about paying large bills.  He was also talking about a time when you actually did get interest on deposits which mostly does not apply now.  Nobody is getting 4% on their working capital accounts like we were 20 years ago when your finance book was writen and many are paying because of negative interest which is quite widespread.

So I have a some thousands of baht  out in advanced payments, total less than 10k.  The interest on that is a few stang or nothing and the effect on my cash flow is nil.  If a few thousand baht is significant for your cash flow, you need a new job.

Most of my bills are paid by automatic charge of the credit cards. 3BB paid manually by cc directly on their website - no extra charges and no travel expenses. But anyway, you probably have to go out from time to time, so why not schedule your payment accordingly? 

20 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

But anyway, you probably have to go out from time to time, so why not schedule your payment accordingly? 

Actually I am going to upgrade my secretary to Administrative Assistant and have her handle it all starting next week.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, Dante99 said:

How about we all run about and do things as we want without nobody telling us what to do

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Almer said:

How about we all run about and do things as we want without nobody telling us what to do

Then tell all the whiners they can stop posting about not being able to pay their bills when they don't have a clue about online banking or using mobile apps. It's 2020,not 1975.