Paying bills when everywhere is closed

cnxgary

I went to the bank filled out the forms taking my latest bills now I pay TOT and Power bills on direct debit, SMS when paid easy peasy.  rocket science not.

Edited by brianthainess
added content.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Max69xl said:

Then tell all the whiners they can stop posting about not being able to pay their bills when they don't have a clue about online banking or using mobile apps. It's 2020,not 1975. 

Well, some of us were just finishing college then. This online bank is nice, but I hate having that much info available through a phone.  It is a great convenience though.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Max69xl said:

Then tell all the whiners they can stop posting about not being able to pay their bills when they don't have a clue about online banking or using mobile apps. It's 2020,not 1975. 

I pay bills online in Australia. No way I would pay them that way here, too many fraudsters and scams about. Mobile apps sound like a great way to lose money if the phone is stolen.

It's simple enough, every 7/11 here seems to be able to accept payments.

I understand the Wild West era went from 1865 to 1895.

On 4/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, Dante99 said:

Convenience and economy.  Cheaper to make one trip and pay one time payment fee than it is to make multiple trips and fees.  True because bill is small compared to cost of transport.  Even a large company experiences costs for making a payment which could be prohibitive for making $10-20 payments.

Your finance lecturer was most likely correct in the advice about paying large bills.  He was also talking about a time when you actually did get interest on deposits which mostly does not apply now.  Nobody is getting 4% on their working capital accounts like we were 20 years ago when your finance book was writen and many are paying because of negative interest which is quite widespread.

So I have a some thousands of baht  out in advanced payments, total less than 10k.  The interest on that is a few stang or nothing and the effect on my cash flow is nil.  If a few thousand baht is significant for your cash flow, you need a new job.

set up auto-debit for True, AIS, 3bb, etc  not probably easily done now, but when you can--why pay them your money in advance==i auto-debit with AIS, great--get an email or sms in advance, advising me of how much and when they will debit, plus my bill available to view online, and then after they take the money, another sms telling me the money has been debited.

10 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

set up auto-debit for True, AIS, 3bb, etc  not probably easily done now, but when you can--why pay them your money in advance==i auto-debit with AIS, great--get an email or sms in advance, advising me of how much and when they will debit, plus my bill available to view online, and then after they take the money, another sms telling me the money has been debited.

I do not use True, AIS or 3bb.  I do use auto debit for electricity, phone hard line domestic bill and water.  I do not think auto debit is available for the long distance part of hard line phone bills, is it?  That part that is not billed on the regular hard line bill but comes separately.  I have also not found auto debit availability for gas bills, have you?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 9:37 AM, Dante99 said:

I do not use True, AIS or 3bb.  I do use auto debit for electricity, phone hard line domestic bill and water.  I do not think auto debit is available for the long distance part of hard line phone bills, is it?  That part that is not billed on the regular hard line bill but comes separately.  I have also not found auto debit availability for gas bills, have you?

What ph service do you use?  I buy the gas, for cooking, as needed from a nearby vendor and pay cash, as I do for water delivery (drinking--we have a well for all else). I don't have a hard line phone, just didn't see one needed--I make international calls a variety of ways--via AIS, a pretty good rate, via various call/vid/messaging apps (free via your own internet).

I usually pay in person, gives me something to do besides shuffleboard, bingo, and clipping coupons. However, I was able to download, bills from both the TrueMove and Sinet's website. Then pay at 7, having them scan or input codes from my phone. Incidentally I downloaded via laptop and then sent over to phone.

The lockdown event will eventually make me set up apps with my 'OTHER bank account' for the future. I say other, as my Bangkok Bank account is where my 800K is. I do not want apps or any online bill pay, connected to that account. Superstitious, luddite, boomer, old fart,  behavior? Sure.

51 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

What ph service do you use?

TOT hard line, 100 Baht per month.  Overseas billed separtely by CAT.  Use for fax too, need for secure business.  

DTAC for cell phone.