Canned meat / sausages?

CLW

On 4/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, CLW said:

Thanks, and yes I'm aware of imported products available.

Have you checked the price? 4 times then what you would pay in Germany. No thanks.

This is why I was asking for local products, if there are any...

Make your own, jar it hot and will keep for a long time.

We have a glut of mangoes and I have been making mango chutney, could have been cooked meat.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tifino said:

... called them DogBiscuits - needed to be soaked overnight, or one could break his teeth on them

Mine were chocolate coated biscuits, similar to McVitie's but completely coated in chocolate. Must have been a better supplier! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt1591 said:

Mine were chocolate coated biscuits, similar to McVitie's but completely coated in chocolate. Must have been a better supplier! 

ah! - well I' hadn't gotten to mention the brown cement that was the chocolate...

5 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Today's MRE's actually aren't too bad. Really liked the gorilla cookies that came with them.

I thought MRE was an acronym for Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.

8 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

In the eighties in Germany guys used to take the 10 man packs on camping trips at the weekend. Cheap Charlie’s even in those days.

I was at RAF Laarbruch 72-74, 11.4 DM /GBP. used to go camping in the Mosel valley, no compo, just frickadellen and local wine..

Hate to think how they would have implemented social distancing in those days, maybe put the cold war on lockdown.

I get sai ua ( Northern Thai herbal sausage ) fresh from a shop near the Clock Tower in Chiang Rai. Doubt a virus could live in it. Plus sweet chili sauce, mashed potato and a beer, very tasty.