new bars, in chiangmai open for drinks all day

wazzupnow

Just now, UbonThani said:

Depends on strain and dose

50% in Iceland no sympthoms

No idea what relevance that has to my statement. It's simple- if I get Corona I'll probably die. I'd rather that than hide away every time a new virus emerges. Life is a terminal disease and no one gets out alive. Live each day as if it was one's last.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

This might help.

John P. A. Ioannidis, a professor of medicine and epidemiology at Stanford, recently published an article entitled “A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data." In the article, he also argues that there is simply not enough data to make claims about reported case fatality rate

He states that rates, “like the official 3.4% rate from the World Health Organization, cause horror — and are meaningless. Patients who have been tested for SARS-CoV-2 are disproportionately those with severe symptoms and bad outcomes. As most health systems have limited testing capacity, selection bias may even worsen in the near future.”

He states that the real death rate of this virus could be five or more times lower, at 0.025 percent to 0.625 percent.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/covid-19-case-fatality-rate-may-be-considerably-less-than-1-dr-anthony-fauci/

I'm all in favour of a lower death rate, and I hope this guy has reduced the ballpark estimate to a tennis court - albeit he hasn't yet got reliable data, either. 

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I get it I'm toast, but I support the Swedish solution.

It's a risky social experiment, letting people go about their business. It could work in their favour, but don't hold your breath.

...and it's far easier to monitor Stockholm with <1m people as compared to Greater London with >9m. In this case, it's numbers of people exposed to the virus that decide how many would become infected. 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I assume you don't go to supermarkets then? Supermarket I used in Chiang Mai has aisles about a meter wide.

Quite right and you assume correctly, I don't go to supermarkets specifically because its impossible to maintain any (safe!) distance from anyone and I can't think of a single item that any market provides more important than my or my wife"s life :cool:

9 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Different doctors saying different things.

Where is the truth?

At our fingertips if we care to look. At least the lockdown has given us all time to investigate the reality behind the mass media fearmongering.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It's a risky social experiment, letting people go about their business. It could work in their favour, but don't hold your breath.

...and it's far easier to monitor Stockholm with <1m people as compared to Greater London with >9m. In this case, it's numbers of people exposed to the virus that decide how many would become infected. 

saving money? on the 42%

What does Sweden's taxes pay for?
The income tax is finalised through a yearly tax assessment the year following the income year. 27% of taxpayer money in Sweden goes towards education and healthcare, whereas 5% goes to the police and military, and 42% to social security.

4 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

At our fingertips if we care to look. At least the lockdown has given us all time to investigate the reality behind the mass media fearmongering.

If by 'investigate' you mean sifting through countless conflicting sources and deriving some conclusion from that, then I agree with you. 

BTW, how is that working out for you? Please share your conclusion. I'm sure we would all like to know the 'truth'. 

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

If by 'investigate' you mean sifting through countless conflicting sources and deriving some conclusion from that, then I agree with you. 

BTW, how is that working out for you? Please share your conclusion. I'm sure we would all like to know the 'truth'. 

Glad that you agree it's worth a try. The truth about anything can be elusive. But one thing is certain: you won't find it unless you are at least prepared to look. Kao jai?

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:56 AM, wazzupnow said:

can not i dislike any form of drunks,also i suspect i had covid some weeks ago never been as sick as this before, including all the symptoms

but like i said natural selection. when its your time you go, if not u stay

On this basis should we close the hospital where I work closely with COVID-19 patients on the basis its the survival of the fittest and we don't want our staff being subjected to the test?

I have also had a dose of this virus and undergone isolation. Its not a joke at all.

Your advice and social cleansing idea is just sick to the core.

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

Stay home, i have not been outside our gate for over 4 weeks, and wont be for a long time.

Then it seems logical that the only way you would catch it would be by having a person from outside close enough to transmit it to you, and I assume that is within your power to control.

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

On this basis should we close the hospital where I work closely with COVID-19 patients on the basis its the survival of the fittest and we don't want our staff being subjected to the test?

I have also had a dose of this virus and undergone isolation. Its not a joke at all.

I hope than that your hospital provides hazmat suits for staff to wear. If they don't, then they are, IMO, responsible for any that die of Corona.

You should be happy that you had it already and are highly unlikely to be in danger now.

I had 3 strains of dengue at different times, which was extremely unpleasant so I have some idea of what you went through, but at least I'll never get it again.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Then it seems logical that the only way you would catch it would be by having a person from outside close enough to transmit it to you, and I assume that is within your power to control.

Nobody in, nobody out, gate fitted with electric motor, cannot be opened without remote, so yes we have control.

Yesterday i had a delivery from Lazada, the money was on the wall just inside the gate, when the driver came my wife called out to him, leave the package there, sign your smartphone yourself, do not come up the drive.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:46 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

but practiced by some countries all ready, some countries do not allow people over 70 to be treated in the IC units

hence a remarkable bigger percentage of deaths in the poll than other countries

Edited by wazzupnow
extra

11 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

but practiced by some countries all ready, some countries do not allow people over 70 to be treated in the IC units

hence a remarkable bigger percentage of deaths in the poll than other countries

Whether or not this is completely true, I don't know.

However, there is something used in the UK called a Critical Pathway, which asseses the Clinical outcomes, & treatment levels, based on many factors, are decided.

I haven't detailed it accurately, that's for you to research.

But, it's not 'social cleansing'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Whether or not this is completely true, I don't know.

However, there is something used in the UK called a Critical Pathway, which asseses the Clinical outcomes, & treatment levels, based on many factors, are decided.

I haven't detailed it accurately, that's for you to research.

But, it's not 'social cleansing'.

No country would decide against ICU based solely upon an age of 70.

Utter nonsense....and in any case such decisions are made jointly with patients and medical staff, also relatives where appropriate.

• Like 1