Leasing payments in Corona times?

I have leased a motorcycle and I paid regularly every month.

And every month I received a bill and a text message one day before the payment was due.

This month I did not receive a bill and no text message.

My gf told me that leasing payments are kind of suspended in the moment. Is that true? Is that automatic or do people have to apply for it?

In the moment I can pay, no problem. But it's not clear how my income will be over the next months so if I don't have to pay that money in the moment then it's probably not a bad idea to pay sometime later.

Does anybody have a link to some official information about this?

I could call my leasing company and maybe someone on the phone will tell me: Don't worry. But maybe later nobody remembers that and I want to avoid getting a bad credit rating.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I could call my leasing company and maybe someone on the phone will tell me: Don't worry. But maybe later nobody remembers that and I want to avoid getting a bad credit rating.

You can call em and confirm to them by email and keep the email or send them a letter by EMS if it bothers ya.

My Mrs got a call from truck finance saying she doesn't have to pay for 6 months and the life cover insurance will still be kept in place during the non payment period.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Perhaps 99% of the people can´t pay and so they think it´s not worth to send the SMS and have the work to check the payments. 

I am sure a lot more people can (still) pay. But most of them are happy to have an excuse to postpone those payments a little. ????