Hot weather and thunderstorms forecast for upper Thailand

rooster59

Hot weather and thunderstorms forecast for upper Thailand

By The Nation

800_d8569a3a45fe2aa.jpg

Hot conditions are expected to prevail in upper Thailand as a heat low covers the area while a high-pressure system from China covers Laos, Vietnam and the South China Sea. Southerly and southeasterly winds are blowing across the lower North, the Northeast, the Central and the East regions, the Thailand Meteorological Department said on Sunday (April 4).

Thunderstorms will be likely over upper Thailand, accompanied by lightning and gusty winds and hail.

People have been advised to stay away from big trees and unsecured installations. Farmers should beware of damage to crops.

The stronger southerly and southwesterly winds blowing across Bangkok and its vicinity will reduce dust/smog in the air. In the upper North, mornings could be more dusty due to bad ascenscion of air-parcel.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385436

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-05

Absolutley hammered down in wichianburi last night,my back yard under water,had to drain water from pool as it nearly overflowed,40 ml say the official stats but as the station is on the other side of town,and we are about 1.5 clicks east out of town my homemade gauge had 65 or so,no watering for a few days,and hot again today am expecting another round tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

No rain since 11th November at our house. We are so desperate we have captured a cat and have taken it on 3 laps of the garden. I am told this is will make it rain within a week.

You misunderstood what you were told. Catch a wild tiger and make sure it is hungry and if you can run around the garden 3 times being chased by the hungry tiger then it will rain within a week, but if you do not make the distance then it will rain your blood immediately.

• Haha 1

Here in Nong Phai, Phetchabun we had a 2 hour electric rainstorm with strong winds yesterday evening. Daytime temperatures have hovered around 40C for about a week, and the storm was only a short respite as I clocked 39C at 13.00hrs today. It's the hot season so any rain is more than welcome.

Looking at the Khon Kaen radar loop at the moment there are a couple of small storms/rain cells around Loei and Nong Bua Lamphu while there is a reasonably large gathering around the Korat, Buriram, Surin area but leaving nothing in the middle around the Khon Kean area as usual. 

Edited by Russell17au