Extend US METV

Maybe I'm over-complicating this but I'm needing guidance, would appreciate some input.

My goal is to delay returning to the US as long as possible.

My METV was from Sept 11 to March 10. I did a run on Feb 26, got 60 days, so it now shows Apr 25.

My previous post produced good advice and currently plan to go to CNX Immigration around Apr 16 for another 30 days. (thanks guys) 

I have my Covid 19 letter from the consulate and I assume this applies to me:  "Anyone who ENTERED before March 1, can get a 30-day "Covid extension", EVEN IF they've already received an extension.

What I'm wondering is whether I should NOT show that letter for the extension I'll be requesting in a couple weeks since I'm probably OK without it ... that way I'll have it 'in the bank' for another extension that would last into June. 

I can see how a border run would simplify the whole thing but I really don't anticipate that's gonna be an option anytime soon. 

Thanks!

DS

7 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

I have my Covid 19 letter from the consulate and I assume this applies to me:  "Anyone who ENTERED before March 1, can get a 30-day "Covid extension", EVEN IF they've already received an extension.

You didn't have an tourist extension yet, so you can just get a 30 day tourist extension, no letter required, this has nothing to do with March 1.

If people would stop wasting the embassy/consulate's time by requesting letters which they don't need other people who actually need it woudln't have to wait several days for it.

11 minutes ago, MrKFC said:

What I'm wondering is whether I should NOT show that letter for the extension I'll be requesting in a couple weeks since I'm probably OK without it ... that way I'll have it 'in the bank' for another extension that would last into June. 

I doubt they would accept a two months old letter which asks them to grant you a 30 day extension.

I think you can throw the letter in the bin, it's useless for you.

If you apply for an extension requiring this letter you will probably have to get a current one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1