ATM Button Pusher

SkyNets

1 hour ago, Denim said:

No offence but it seems like a lot of work when the stub of a rubber tipped pencil would do.

No offence taken ???? true, just easier to carry and don’t need to use alcohol and tissue to clean after use.

7 hours ago, SkyNets said:

Maybe these newer pics will help somone.

OP you're the handyman neighbor that I wished I had. I hope you can give me some advice regarding my "stay at home" project. I have this old brass clock that I want to replace its ancient movement to a quartz one. Everything comes out easily, however I'm stuck at the crucial stage, when I need to separate the back of the clock, which contains the movement, the clock face with hands and everything else; from the front of the clock which contains just the front glass and its frame. 

My question is how and with what tool I can pry the back part from the front part? (In the pics you can see the outer band of the clock has two half-bands, the front and the back.) Whatever tool I can think of - a flat head screwdriver for example - in my hands will eventually damage the metal . There are no screws that I can see that keep the two parts together: The two bottom screws that you can see in the pics affix the back of the clock to its stand, I don't see the front of the clock  attached to these screws. Curiously, there is a hole on each side of the clock near these screws that seem to serve no purpose...or do they?

Thankyou  in advance for any suggestions.

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

6 hours ago, SkyNets said:
7 hours ago, Denim said:

No offence but it seems like a lot of work when the stub of a rubber tipped pencil would do.

No offence taken ???? true, just easier to carry and don’t need to use alcohol and tissue to clean after use.

Could just use the eraser on a bit of paper to remove the layer of impregnated rubber. Or if using the other end, a quick turn with the pencil sharpener. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, watthong said:

OP you're the handyman neighbor that I wished I had. I hope you can give me some advice regarding my "stay at home" project. I have this old brass clock that I want to replace its ancient movement to a quartz one. Everything comes out easily, however I'm stuck at the crucial stage, when I need to separate the back of the clock, which contains the movement, the clock face with hands and everything else; from the front of the clock which contains just the front glass and its frame. 

My question is how and with what tool I can pry the back part from the front part? (In the pics you can see the outer band of the clock has two half-bands, the front and the back.) Whatever tool I can think of - a flat head screwdriver for example - in my hands will eventually damage the metal . There are no screws that I can see that keep the two parts together: The two bottom screws that you can see in the pics affix the back of the clock to its stand, I don't see the front of the clock  attached to these screws. Curiously, there is a hole on each side of the clock near these screws that seem to serve no purpose...or do they?

Thankyou  in advance for any suggestions.

IMG_1024.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

19 hours ago, watthong said:

My question is how and with what tool I can pry the back part from the front part?

There are plastic tools for prying stuff without leaving marks: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/changda-3pcs-auto-car-radio-door-clip-audio-removal-installer-pry-plastic-hand-tool-set-i568630306-s1043242584.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.1a754bf85DLsYC&search=1

I bough several sets are they ar so cheap. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Is it a wind up?

Many chromic issues leaf in the spring.

You can see the movement in the first pic, it's a pre-quartz (or maybe quartz already without mentioning it) movement. It was running when I first got it, and then by mishandling or installing the battery (C size battery) the movement went dead. Or it just didn't like tropical climate:-(