Thailand reports 102 new coronavirus cases, three more deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports 102 new coronavirus cases, three more deaths

2020-04-05T050338Z_1_LYNXMPEG3403D_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Motorbike drivers wearing protective masks drive their bikes during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in Bangkok, Thailand, April 4, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 102 new coronavirus cases and three more deaths, the country's public health ministry said on Sunday.

The latest numbers raised the total in the Southeast Asian nation to 2,169 cases. Twenty three people have died in Thailand since the outbreak first emerged in January.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-05

Up and down,still to early to be certain,it's still unpredictable,numbers are not correct,wait longer and see what develops,keep up the with the advice and restrictions.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Yes. Happy to see no sign yet of an exponential rise, though it is where these 102 people have been in the last ten days which we don't know. Awesome if some of them were already in some sort of quarantine, , though some of course may have been moving around far and wide. The Ro number, or how many other people each infected person passes it to is what is important and which remains largely unknown here.

At 100 a day it will come for us all in only about 1,900 years.

Agreed, but we have no idea if the numbers are a true reflection of the situation. The urgency of the measures coming in suggest otherwise. I heard and saw 2 ambulances going by my apartment in Jomtien within an hour of getting up. And I generally hear at least one every day.

The social distancing here is minimal, both by Thais and Expats. When I do have to go down to pick up a package, I see people hanging out as normal, socializing. and absolutely not close to 2 meters apart with almost everyone cramming into the tiny lifts together. The view of streets from my window, with people as close together as always, really makes me worry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, garygooner said:

It's interesting to see other countries in this region showing similar figures...Malaysia & Indonesia etc...and no deaths reported in Cambodia & Vietnam...Whereas in many European countries & the US. 

Indeed. Let's hope the hot weather is a major contributing factor.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DavisH said:

They are only testing suspected cases of covid for those that turn up at the hospital. Thailand has done 24474 tests for 2169 positive cases. That is an 8.8% positive rate. Other countries positive rates vary widely - very low in Australia, but over 50% in the Philippines. Sure, some people may have mild cases and never bother going to the doctor, but this is the same in every country. 

I'm not sure Thailand has the capacity to do mass testing, especially for those with mild symptoms. They tried using teat kits from China but they were unreliable - they were givign both false positive and false negative readings - info from my wife who is a Nursing college director and works closely with BIDI - one hospital treating covid patients. 

Better if they spent some of the $60 billion to help the local economy, on testing equipment from Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, but then all these creepy agreements with communist China, probably stops them from doing that, already the men in green are putting out excuses into their controlled media, saying the strain here is a weaker one, than the the Italian strain, that’s the excuse for weaker numbers, you can see in a matter of weeks, they are going to have to re-open the local economy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So everyday serious/critical is 23. Active cases increasing but no change day by day to serious critical. So 3 died that would move it down to 20 and these deaths seem to get replaced by 3 active cases going serious/critical. 1 dies 1 in. 4 die 4 in. Can't see how that can be poss day after day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So everyday serious/critical is 23. Active cases increasing but no change day by day to serious critical. So 3 died that would move it down to 20 and these deaths seem to get replaced by 3 active cases going serious/critical. 1 dies 1 in. 4 die 4 in. Can't see how that can be poss day after day.

It is called smoke and mirrors. Obviously, someone from TAT must be playing with the numbers..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1