Non-O Multi (marriage)

Hi, anyone here who can offer good advice to me. Thanks in advance

I quite confused and just to make sure I going through tthe proper steps. Have few questions.

1.People mention non-O multi can apply for 60days extension. OR they also can apply for the 30days extension of stay (with embassy's letter) due to the covid-19.

So which one should i apply first? If i apply the 30days, after that can i still apply for 60days extension of stay? Or I apply for the 60days extension, can i still apply for that 30days (embassy's letter) later? or we can only choose to appply either one of it only?

2. 30days extension of stay (embassy's letter) can use how many time to extend? can request for the letter every 30days stamp expire?

3. Non-o multi visa expire in August. Will the immigration extend my stay continuouslyt till August to the date my visa ends?

4. If to the worst case, all ways of getting extension of stay is used. What other application can use to avoid leaving Thailand? 

Can I apply for thai child visa INSIDE THAILAND? WHat's the requirement for it? WHat does i need for this application? 

Is there any recent non-o extender? can share his experience. Thanks!

• Like 1

1. I suggest you get the 60 day extension first.

Under number 3 of the memorandum for the special extensions it may be possible to get another 60 day extension.

2. As long as needed.

3. Your visa expiring has nothing to do with extensions of a permit to stay.

4. You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Under number 3 of the memorandum for the special extensions it may be possible to get another 60 day extension.

2. As long as needed.

4. You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Thank you very much, ubonjoe

I am in a similar situation. I tried to do a border run recently without success so on the following day I went to my local immigration office to get a 60 day extension. I have to say that it was more difficult to get the 60 day extension than it was to get the 1 year visa in Savvanakhet. Also whilst I was at my local immigration office I was offered a non-standard extension of stay based on retirement for a period of 1 year. I will not go into details but something similar may be offered at your own immigration office. My friend decided to take this option whilst I just took the 60 day extension. I have been invited to take up the option of the 1 year extension (not-standard) and I may have to consider this seriously. 

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. As long as needed.

Ubonjoe...My Australian pension comes to about 33,000 Bt a month now.. with the$Au at 19 Bt..  with 200,000 in a Thai bank do you think I could get a marriage visa?  Or is it one of those things that depend on the policy of the individual immigration office?   Thanks..

3 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Ubonjoe...My Australian pension comes to about 33,000 Bt a month now.. with the$Au at 19 Bt..  with 200,000 in a Thai bank do you think I could get a marriage visa?

A combination of money in the bank and income is not allowed for an extension based upon marriage 

A average income of 40k baht for a year is allowed (480k baht total for the year or more). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

with 200,000 in a Thai bank do you think I could get a marriage visa? 

Mmm- You will need either  400K in the bank OR an income of 40K/month from overseas-  A combo of income+cash in the bank is not available to those seeking an extension of stay based on marriage.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the same boat....

Will apply for 60 day extension next week. ( u need to bring marriage cert , housebook and wife)

Have just put in 400k in the bank if so will apply for for 1 year extension if we're still in lockdown.

I went to an agent during the week enquiring if they had any "fast_track" options....None for marriage but if I had a Thai child she could sort something out based on that......this was in Pattaya

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 2

My non O multi runs out May 15th and I am worried I can not get to and from Savannahket. I dont have time to put the 400k and season it in the bank. Are they giving extensions for people whose visa is going to run out soon and cant renew their visa?

3 minutes ago, crickets said:

My non O multi runs out May 15th and I am worried I can not get to and from Savannahket. I dont have time to put the 400k and season it in the bank. Are they giving extensions for people whose visa is going to run out soon and cant renew their visa?

as above you could get a 60 day visit Thai wife extension

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

as above you could get a 60 day visit Thai wife extension

The extension i last got is already past the expiry date of the visa. Will they still extend it because of the special circumstances?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe, I already have a 60 day extension based on wife being a Thai national. Is it possible to have another 60 day extension? Where is this memorandum you mentioned? I also have 2 kids born here and never applied through/under them. Can I do that?

Also, I want to ask because I read here that to apply for a new spouse 'O" visa, the bank requirements of 400k is not needed to be in the bank for 2-3 months. Conflicting as some also say that's the amount of time needed. Which is correct?

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. As long as needed.

Last week I obtained s 60 day extension running from the expiry of my current permission. When that gets close to expiry too I will ask my I O whether in the circumstances I can have another 60 days unless by then it is easy to leave and return. If neither possible then whatever emergency extension can be granted. Unfortunately applying for a year extension is not practical for me this tax year, as the funds would have to come from a taxable source and be taxed at my marginal rate, adding very considerably to the cost of such a route. Anyway I actually want to leave Thailand, if that's possible both here and at destination, for the summer.

50 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Where is this memorandum you mentioned? I also have 2 kids born here and never applied through/under them. Can I do that?

See this post where I posted info about it. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1157672-automatic-visa-extensions-for-tourists-in-thailand-“just-a-matter-of-time”-details-being-ironed-out-govt-spokesman/?do=findComment&comment=15260667

50 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Also, I want to ask because I read here that to apply for a new spouse 'O" visa, the bank requirements of 400k is not needed to be in the bank for 2-3 months. Conflicting as some also say that's the amount of time needed. Which is correct?

For marriage it has to be in the bank for 2 months. For one based upon being the parent of Thai if only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply but some office will want it to be in the bank for 2 months.

Some offices will not let you apply based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are married to their mother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A combination of money in the bank and income is not allowed for an extension based upon marriage 

A average income of 40k baht for a year is allowed (480k baht total for the year or more). 

I tried this last November at the Khon Kaen IO and it was rejected. The Australian pension if paid directly into a Thai bank account from the Reserve Bank of Australia then it is paid every 4 weeks and you get 13 payments for the year. My payments were between 42,000 and 37,000 for the total year which gave me over 480,000 for the year but the IO demanded that the amount must be a minimum of 40,000 for every deposit, so he rejected my extension application. The IO ignored the wording "average annual income" which is used in the Police Order.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For marriage it has to be in the bank for 2 months. For one based upon being the parent of Thai if only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply but some office will want it to be in the bank for 2 months.

Some offices will not let you apply based upon being the parent of a Thai if you are married to their mother.

My 60 day wife extended visa expires in the middle of this month. It looks like I might have to take the child option as I will only have the required funds in the bank this week,.. and also if they allow me,.. as you mention only certain offices (you would think the rules are the same across all offices). Will my child be required to be present during this time. I obviously wouldn't want that. Have I missed other options, can you advise on that if you think I did. I'm in bangkok btw.

Also, the memorandum only states 30 day extensions. No 60 days right?

7 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

Also, the memorandum only states 30 day extensions. No 60 days right?

It is primarily about the additional 30 day extensions after getting the normal 30 day extension for tourist and visa exempt entries..

But under number 3 it mentions a clause in the police order for extension of stay to wave some requirements for them. That is where the 60 day extension comes into play due the ability to waive the one per entry requirement in clause 2.24 of the police order. 

Under number 2 of it it would allow a 30 day extension for example of a 90 day entry from a non immigrant visa that cannot be normally be extended for 30 days.

7 hours ago, bkkexplorer said:

My 60 day wife extended visa expires in the middle of this month. It looks like I might have to take the child option as I will only have the required funds in the bank this week,.. and also if they allow me,.. as you mention only certain offices (you would think the rules are the same across all offices). Will my child be required to be present during this time. I obviously wouldn't want that. Have I missed other options, can you advise on that if you think I did. I'm in bangkok btw.

Bangkok immigration complies with the police order and will not want the 400k baht to be in the bank for 2 months.

You child will need to be with you when you apply to prove your relationship to them. They would not have to be there the entire time. If you had somebody to watch over them they could wait outside the office until their presence is required.

• Thanks 1

I'll be going this week me thinks to CM immigration to get the 60 day extension based on marriage. Any current info on TM30 needs at Chiang Mai? I'm not looking forward to having to involve my landlords if it comes to that. They are friendly enough but I have no idea how they will respond if I have to ask for their official documents...ID, tabien baan, etc...

By the way, immigration is next to the airport, correct? I haven't been in years.

45 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

They are friendly enough but I have no idea how they will respond if I have to ask for their official documents...ID, tabien baan, etc...

Only signed copies of them are needed. They can put a diagonal line and write the reason for the copies.

• Like 1