Face mask

Badrabbit

48 minutes ago, J Town said:

And you are the reason why this virus will continue longer than it needs to.

Masks DO stop any liquid being expelled from your mouth for others to absorb.

You DO NOT know if you have it or not. There are asymptomatic carriers that spread the disease, you could be one of them.

Wear a mask for the sake of having SOME humanity.

You're wrong of course, I DO know I don't have the virus. Because if I had the odds are that one of the many people who live with me would show symptoms. They do not, so the odds I have the virus are close to nil. Even if I were asymptomatic, one of the people I live with by sheer mathematics would have to show symptoms (only 50% are asymptomatic).

Stop panicking and stop the mass hysteria, there's no need for masks. None whatsoever.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, J Town said:

Shame on you - don't go there! You are trying to argue an absolute (ALL people not coughing and sneezing are incapable of spreading the virus).

There are asymptomatic people around the world who are spreading the virus. IF these asymptomatic people (of which you might be one) wear a mask, they (you!) minimize the spread. Ferchrissake, is it really that hard to wear a mask when in public?

what about gloves, not all virus is spread by air , its also a contact virus, Yes/No ?

6 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Perhaps Badrabbit could explain to us the benefits of wearing a mask in a car, with the windows closed and the air con on ? 

Outside near people, yes, in shop, yes, but on my own with nobody any where near me, no, just have it ready if someone is silly enough to come too close. Have to laugh at all the yokels round me, masks on, speeding around on bikes, but no helmets or safety gear

I wear a mask in a car and on a bike in fact everywhere  because I am not a doctor, it's the right thing to do and its considerate to others, ignorant people are everywhere! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not even clear how the virus spreads in the first place:

'There have been NO proven infections while shopping or at the hairdressers': German scientist casts doubt on how coronavirus is spread - as experts comb 'Germany's Wuhan' for secrets about bug

Prof Hendrik Streeck has said Covid-19 might not be spread as easily as thought

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8182767/Scientist-casts-doubt-coronavirus-spread.html

Yet everyone acts as if they know for sure how the virus is spread. Could be all the people are wearing masks will look like total fools when it turns out the virus spreads in a way not anticipated.

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

I wear a mask in a car and on a bike in fact everywhere  because I am not a doctor, it's the right thing to do and its considerate to others, ignorant people are everywhere! 

WHY:::  who are u protecting in ur car when no one is there?
W@F
even wearing one on a motorcycles does nothing but  make the mask dirty and worthless
u do know that masks should be replaced after a few days of constant wear,  bet ur wearing the same on day in , day out  LOL

Edited by phuketrichard

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Could be all the people are wearing masks will look like total fools when it turns out the virus spreads in a way not anticipated.

Could also be that those wearing the masks are the only ones that survive

I know my pick...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Could be all the people are wearing masks will look like total fools when it turns out the virus spreads in a way not anticipated.

We will never look like fools. We are people who are taking precautions in dangerous times to try and protect the human race. Better to wear a mask than to lie in a casket wishing we had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

<deleted>
even wearing one on a motorcycles does nothing by make the mask dirty and worthless

Lol car has  between 2 and 8 seats or didn't you know that! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's not even clear how the virus spreads in the first place:

'There have been NO proven infections while shopping or at the hairdressers': German scientist casts doubt on how coronavirus is spread - as experts comb 'Germany's Wuhan' for secrets about bug

Prof Hendrik Streeck has said Covid-19 might not be spread as easily as thought

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8182767/Scientist-casts-doubt-coronavirus-spread.html

Yet everyone acts as if they know for sure how the virus is spread. Could be all the people are wearing masks will look like total fools when it turns out the virus spreads in a way not anticipated.

Could be all the people not wearing masks will look foolish dead!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

Could be all the people not wearing masks will look foolish dead!!! 

This is a "novel" virus which means it's new, we don't know how it attacks or spreads. I reiterate, how difficult is it to wear a mask? If I can save another human by wearing a mask, I'll suffer the inconvenience - AND the ridicule.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

W@F
even wearing one on a motorcycles does nothing but  make the mask dirty and worthless
u do know that masks should be replaced after a few days of constant wear,  bet ur wearing the same on day in , day out  LOL

Wow have you never heard of a washing machine or washing by hand?? are you aware that you can replace an old one with a new one? 

7 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

A few people showing there ignorance and inconsideration for others unfortunately that is the world we live in!! 

And what does it REALLY cost someone to wear a mask?

Actually the last few days Ive been in Phuket............I think all farangs are understanding they have to wear a mask now here

Yesterday a Thai Police officer drove up beside me at the traffic lights and told me to cover my nose with my face mask. They are taking it very seriously

Anyway you can't get into most shops now without a face mask

• Like 2

Consider the mask as your own personal stockpile of virus. Be very vigilant in your disposal of the mask, change it regularly as per guidelines and every time you touch it wash your hands for 20 seconds.

Because if you don't follow rigid and stringent guidelines your chance of self infection is high if you do believe so many asymptomatic people are around.

37 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You're wrong of course, I DO know I don't have the virus. Because if I had the odds are that one of the many people who live with me would show symptoms. They do not, so the odds I have the virus are close to nil. Even if I were asymptomatic, one of the people I live with by sheer mathematics would have to show symptoms (only 50% are asymptomatic).

Stop panicking and stop the mass hysteria, there's no need for masks. None whatsoever.

Even the CDC has admitted they were wrong and now recommend masks for everyone.  One of asymptomatic friends could have spread it and you would not know for up to 14 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grumbleweed said:

So you're saying people who are not coughing and sneezing are spreading the virus by their coughing and sneezing. Not a Thai politician by any chance?

The virus can be spread on droplets of spittle/saliva just when speaking normally. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Even the CDC has admitted they were wrong and now recommend masks for everyone.  One of asymptomatic friends could have spread it and you would not know for up to 14 days.

The same with the RKI but they've clarified that there is no scientific basis to assume if you're infected wearing a mask will protect another person. They're only recomending it because they believe it could be of use, so basically a hunch, a guess. No real evidence it would actually work.

I've survived the swine flu without wearing a mask and I'm fairly certain I'll survive Covid without a mask.

Don't panic. No need to overreact. Mortality rate is very small. Even if you get it, unless you're over 80 you'd pull through. Look at Prince Charles.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The same with the RKI but they've clarified that there is no scientific basis to assume if you're infected wearing a mask will protect another person. They're only recomending it because they believe it could be of use, so basically a hunch, a guess. No real evidence it would actually work.

You yourself have already posted scientific papers that make the conclusion masks reduce transmission. I suggest you re-read them.

The science is every bit as sound as social distancing. If you limit the projection of particles coming from your mouth, you will reduce transmission. Unless you believe coughing on someone cannot transmit the virus, then a mask helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Logosone said:

The same with the RKI but they've clarified that there is no scientific basis to assume if you're infected wearing a mask will protect another person. They're only recommending it because they believe it could be of use, so basically a hunch, a guess. No real evidence it would actually work.

I've survived the swine flu without wearing a mask and I'm fairly certain I'll survive Covid without a mask.

This is a novel flu. Never seen before, as in new.

You say "a hunch, a guess" - How much of an inconvenience is it to wear a mask?

"I'm fairly certain I'll survive?"

How much of an inconvenience is it to wear a mask to try and protect the rest of us?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J Town said:

This is a novel flu. Never seen before, as in new.

You say "a hunch, a guess" - How much of an inconvenience is it to wear a mask?

"I'm fairly certain I'll survive?"

How much of an inconvenience is it to wear a mask to try and protect the rest of us?

It's the "it will never happen to me"  very foolish!!

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Falangs walking and driving without a mask on(inconsiderate idiots)

I live in a Bangkok suburb without many "falangs". But, I can say that I have seen many Thais not wearing masks and many more using them as chin supports. I guess they think that's the proper way to wear them from watching all the cooks at Fuji ! 

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

Pointless - for dust only. ????

No. It's to stop the spread of your expectoration. You may be asymptomatic yet can spread the virus unknowingly. It costs you almost nothing, and can save all those you pass by.