Face mask

Badrabbit

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I do it because it's the right thing to do!

Do you also lecture the Thais  on their lack of helmet wearing, I mean they'll wear a mask but  no helmet they'll wear a  mask in the  car but no seat belt, why don't  you sit outside a 7-11 and just watch how they fiddle with those  masks constantly.

60+ daily  deaths  mostly  motorcycles so for this  year that's  about 5-6000 to date, compare that with virus deaths, 25? now  tell me , which one would save  more  lives? compulsory masks or compulsory helmets for this  year to date I make that advantage, game,set ,match to helmet wearing by about 5975, and don't forget that 20k baht  fine for  no mask, pity they can't do the same for helmets and REALLY save some lives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

It's no wonder the Virus is spreading

You should  have added , because the Thai govt welcomed Chinese from Wuhan way after they should  have banned flights, but  no go for the odd farang not wearing a mask. Ever been to a  Thai  village?many aren't wearing a  mask, many are sharing utensils when eating, many still herding together,around here many swimming in the  river together.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Not if he is one of the 95%  survivors.

It's a depressing thought that wilful stupidity sometimes goes unpenalized, and people who do the right thing may succumb.

I'm not sure he won't die of starvation first, because in Chiang Rai you won't get into a supermarket without a mask.

• Like 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

It's a depressing thought that wilful stupidity sometimes goes unpenalized, and people who do the right thing may succumb.

I'm not sure he won't die of starvation first, because in Chiang Rai you won't get into a supermarket without a mask.

He'll be  lucky if  he can survive the disgusting air  up there and doesn't get  lung cancer.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not wearing a helmet harms no one else

Why  not ask the people who have had no fault accidents with others  on bikes who ends up  paying when the bike rider is dead and its not their  fault, yet they  still have to fork out  money for the "victim" who was too dumb to wear a  helmet, but had his  mask on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still, having a face mask would help to keep out the pm 2.5 dust particles, and then keep someone who has coughed from spraying it all over...

So would a  govt. banning the burning, but they are too  corrupt to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

He'll be  lucky if  he can survive the disgusting air  up there and doesn't get  lung cancer.

Ah, but there are posters on other threads that recommend inhaling deeply here to boost the immune system. See what I mean about wilful stupidity?

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Ah, but there are posters on other threads that recommend inhaling deeply here to boost the immune system. See what I mean about wilful stupidity?

Who are you calling stupid Mr curfew?

It's the fools with the masks who will delay that herd immunity arrives sooner rather than later.

Everyone who wears a mask is to blame that this thing gets dragged out.

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

wheew, I am getting dizzy trying to figure this out...

so, half the people are half the intelligence of themselves? 

You need more than the average to figure that out. Exclusive for the Mensa club.

• Haha 1

Is there any evidence that the amount of Falangs walking and driving without a mask on(inconsiderate idiots) has caused anyone to get the virus?  

I personally wear one...gets me stares as people who do not wear the mask wonder if I have the virus...

I never have to ask them to give me space...????

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Who are you calling stupid Mr curfew?

It's the fools with the masks who will delay that herd immunity arrives sooner rather than later.

Everyone who wears a mask is to blame that this thing gets dragged out.

The theory of herd immunity works fine provided you accept hospitals will be overwhelmed, and hence people - especially the vulnerable and elderly - will be triaged out to die.

If you are comfortable with that, let me suggest your opinion would have fitted in very well with the ruling party in Germany in the 1930's and early 40's.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Pray tell, where can I go to buy some masks.  No where around my area is there any.  Pharmacies, are out, none at 7-11, stores do not have any.  I have been trying for over three weeks now, and no luck.  I think I would have better luck wrapping a pair of nickers around my face, since I can not locate any, and have been recycling and cleaning the two I have had since the end of February....

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not wearing a mask can harm others

So can  any Thai driving  a  car, in fact they  will  kill more, the many who overtake  on blind  corners, the ones who own the road, the red  light  jumpers, the me  first brigade, the  no  lights  brigade, the no brake  lights  brigade. Theyr'e  going to kill way more, let's  not even  look at the brake failures, bald tyres and micro sleeps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The theory of herd immunity works fine provided you accept hospitals will be overwhelmed, and hence people - especially the vulnerable and elderly - will be triaged out to die.

It's a bit late to worry about this, hospitals are already overwhelmed the world over, the vulnerable and elderly are dying and triage units are already set up by hospitals:

https://www.wcia.com/health/coronavirus/hospital-using-triage-units-for-patients/

Whether we're comfortable with it or not won't make much difference. 

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's a bit late to worry about this, hospitals are already overwhelmed the world over, the vulnerable and elderly are dying and triage units are already set up by hospitals:

https://www.wcia.com/health/coronavirus/hospital-using-triage-units-for-patients/

Whether we're comfortable with it or not won't make much difference. 

How much more do you think they will be overwhelmed if your proposition is allowed full rein? The countries that are trying to flatten the curve e.g. Australia, are not in triage, which gives the lie to your post.

Nice try at slipping out from under, but it's not going to work. I know what you are.

31 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

There was a neanderthal steroid monkey trying to get into Big C kamala yesterday without a mask or a shirt (one of my bugbears) he was giving the guy with the temperature thingy and spray a hard time

I went to  7-11  today there was a  non neanderthal Thai  man  who went in with  no mask, I didn't go mental despite the sign saying they should be worn.

Whilst sitting   in the car I watched the  boy outside  doing the temperature  checks with his  gloves  on, then he scratched his  head a  few  times  and played with his  gloves and started  joking around with his  friend right next to him. I didn't go mad at that either,  just see it  all for the great big charade it is.

Edited by gunderhill

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

How much more do you think they will be overwhelmed if your proposition is allowed full rein? The countries that are trying to flatten the curve e.g. Australia, are not in triage, which gives the lie to your post.

Nice try at slipping out from under, but it's not going to work. I know what you are.

At  what  point do you think total economic  collapse  will intervene and over ride the survival of everyone.

43 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I personally wear one...gets me stares as people who do not wear the mask wonder if I have the virus...

I would imagine it's the reverse....people without masks are now seen as asymptomatic carriers.

While the masked up ones seem to get less recoil.

That's been my observation anyway.

I hate wearing these surgical masks...there is no way to seal the top, so hot moist breath escapes

with every exhale and irritates the eyes.

Plus I do not recommend talking while wearing them...the front gets all moist with

saliva...maybe Im a wet talker. Uggh.

25 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

At  what  point do you think total economic  collapse  will intervene and over ride the survival of everyone.

IMO every government will just print more money.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Plus I do not recommend talking while wearing them...the front gets all moist with

You have been known to dribble on TV, so I believe you.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So let’s look at some statistics: it is likely that more than 30% of the whole UK population will get Covid-19 – it may be as high as 60% in some estimates. Most will have no or mild illness but maybe one in seven will need hospital admission. Of patients in hospital up to one in five may need ICU care – that would be an unprecedented number of people admitted to ICU. As many as one in 50 of patients known to have Covid-19 may die from it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/03/icu-doctor-nhs-coronavirus-pandemic-hospitals

So again, the hospitals are already going to be overwhelmed, whether Thailand, Australia or UK.

Whether you wear a piece of cloth on your nose is not going to make one iota of difference. No evidence that it does.

I doubt you know who you are.

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I would imagine it's the reverse....people without masks are now seen as asymptomatic carriers.

While the masked up ones seem to get less recoil.

That's been my observation anyway.

I hate wearing these surgical masks...there is no way to seal the top, so hot moist breath escapes

with every exhale and irritates the eyes.

I take it you are being serious.

Well wow. Great case example. All of that wet <deleted> may have otherwise possibly gone onto the people you were talking to.