Face mask

Badrabbit

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

I know, it's a shock to those who would wear masks, but that's what the study found.

I've already covered this though - the study said hand washing similarly showed no effect. So now let's not wash our hands eh? Is that what you're trying to tell us, don't bother washing your hands?

The next two studies explicitly state in their conclusions, that masks have the potential to reduce inhibition. The question mark they raise is adherence, and what happens if the population doesn't strictly adhere to usage, which is not what we're talking about.

22 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

rode around Kamala today on my bicycle, no i dont wear a mask, If i did i couldn't get enough air into my lungs.

I only wear one when i go inside a shop or supermarket, ( amazing, went to Central supermarket in Chern Talay today and about 10% of the farangs were NOT wearing masks)

i'd say 85% of those out and about wear a mask where as 2 weeks ago less thna 10%

For me i see ZERO reason to wear one in my car. seems rather crazy..

What you think about everytime you get out of your car and touch things and then back in your car and touch the wheel and then your face noce whatever ????

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

What you think about everytime you get out of your car and touch things and then back in your car and touch the wheel and then your face noce whatever ????

Easy solution. Use hand sanitiser. At exit most shops and I have in my car.

Have a look at these masks that I got from Israel today. They kill the covid-19 virus on contact.

the Bio-Block mask from Argaman Technologies in Jerusalem, Israel.

They are re-useable.

I cannot post a link but google or search for them online. Stay protected.

You protect me by wearing a mask and I in turn, protect you by wearing a mask.

• Like 1

Went to buy food from the fresh market and Big C on Saturday.  

Everyone temperature tested before entering Big C. If ok sticker put on your shirt. Must wear mask to be let in. Hand sanitizer at entrance and exit. One way in, one way out. Everyone keeping distance. Shelves all stocked; no panic buying or obvious hoarders. Very impressive.

At fresh market, plenty of most things. Plenty of eggs now available. But saw about a dozen people without masks - all Thai. As a foreigner, get a few stares now that I never got there before. 

I don't wear a mask inside the car but do before exiting. 

Wifey won't use any outside service for the house now, not want any delivery people delivering food etc. Still get the post though.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 5:06 PM, JHolmesJr said:

I have purchased 100 of these 3ply surgical masks.

But will only put them on in situations that are a little more crowded

than usual.

You only need to wear a mask if you are already infected

wearing a mask when your not infected , could cause you more harm than good

• Confused 1

Just now, GTgrizzly said:

you're being extremely logical about this....we're in a paradigm shift here.

for many in Asia, mask means you're well and taking care not to infect others.

It may sound counter-intuitive but that's how it is.

3 hours ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Have a look at these masks that I got from Israel today. They kill the covid-19 virus on contact.

the Bio-Block mask from Argaman Technologies in Jerusalem, Israel.

They are re-useable.

I cannot post a link but google or search for them online. Stay protected.

You protect me by wearing a mask and I in turn, protect you by wearing a mask.

50 USD for one piece...shipping extra.

Pass.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, J Town said:

On Soi Buakhow within spitting distance of Sutus Court is a small pharmacy with plenty of masks (as of two days ago).

12196.jpg

12197.jpg

These people saying I can’t find them , Lazy Sods a few weeks ago could not find all over now 

I was at the SuperCheap Pharmacy next to the Phuket weekend market this afternoon.  Plenty of masks still available.  Pharmacies in Karon still have masks for sale.  Even some small Thai roadside stalls are also selling masks (80THB for a imported Japanese made mask).

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:04 PM, Badrabbit said:

It's no wonder the Virus is spreading with the amount of Falangs walking and driving without a mask on(inconsiderate idiots) even if you think the mask does nothing why not just be considerate to others around you and wear a mask, also idiots driving with no top on it. beggars belief, I dont like wearing the mask but I do it because it's the right thing to do! rant over stay safe all those that care.

Again, the use of the word "Falang" is just plain ignorant as you evidently don't know what it means and how it is used.  Flip it around and instead of meaning white, it means black.  It would be the same as someone saying "darkie" each time they encounter a black person.  Beyond that, how in a country full of Thais, you find it necessary to lay the blame on foreigners.

If you are in your own car, why do you need a mask?  If you aren't around anyone else, why would you wear a mask?  I walk an hour a day, I don't wear a mask, it's unhealthy to exercise and restrict breathing.  I also don't go near anyone.  Inside is one thing, outside is another.  

Where is your common-sense?

Most of the spread of this disease has been by Thais.  Full stop.  Do you think a foreigner put together that Lumpini Boxing event?  

Really?

Edited by Chrysaora

13 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

These people saying I can’t find them , Lazy Sods a few weeks ago could not find all over now 

What will they make them from next, burlap?  

Only N95 masks afford YOU protection from me.  Cloth masks protect me from you.  

Why is there such ignorance over these masks?

1 hour ago, GTgrizzly said:

Sorry, but that is nonsense.  Prove to me that it causes "more harm than good."

Tell me the mechanics of why.

7 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I wear a mask when I anticipate contact with others. Why is it necessary to wear one when driving alone in a car?

It's not, however for convenience I put a mask on when I leave the house and remove it when I return.

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's not, however for convenience I put a mask on when I leave the house and remove it when I return.

That's wonderful.  Some people put milk in their tea.  I find that disgusting, so you'll have to pardon me if I don't do it.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:24 PM, Logosone said:

Anutin tried to hand out masks he'd handled with his bare hands, noone in their right mind would wear what he offered, many Thais were smart enough to realise that at the time.

Masks do nothing anyway. 

If masks stopped the virus every government and medical expert would insist you just put a mask on, end of virus.

Since they do nothing that's not happening.

There's a reason why most countries do not make wearing masks mandatory, no clear evidence they do anything.

I don't have Covid, I have no symptoms and I live in a group and nobody in that group has symptoms. So nobody needs to soil their pants when they see me without a mask, if they do well kind of their problem.

I will not be wearing a mask.  

Astonishing puerility.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I have been trying for over three weeks now, and no luck.  I think I would have better luck wrapping a pair of nickers around my face, since I can not locate any (masks),

If the nickers have been worn it might encourage some to wear them as face masks.... sniff sniff.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Astonishing sanctimonious claptrap.

You want to wear a mask knock yourself out.

Don't tell others what to do.

It's a free world.

Pentagon mandates all workers wear face coverings to protect against coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-mandates-all-workers-wear-face-coverings-to-protect-against-coronavirus/ar-BB12ciEh?li=BBnb7Kz

The noble lie about masks and coronavirus should never have been told

https://www.yahoo.com/news/noble-lie-masks-coronavirus-never-104001181.html

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Pentagon mandates all workers wear face coverings to protect against coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-mandates-all-workers-wear-face-coverings-to-protect-against-coronavirus/ar-BB12ciEh?li=BBnb7Kz

The Yahoo article was full of lies.  I didn't bother reading the MSN article as it would have been as much of a waste of my time as the precious seconds it took me to read the Yahoo nonsense.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

It's a good thing I don't assemble ice cream scoops for the Pentagon then.

Btw, seriously, that yahoo article is, just, really bad. I'm embarassed I read it.

2 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

That's wonderful.  Some people put milk in their tea.  I find that disgusting, so you'll have to pardon me if I don't do it.

I'm wearing a mask and in truth that's all I care about.

I don't care if you wear a mask, don't put milk in your tea or get ill with the virus, it's all the same to me, good luck with that!

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Pray tell, where can I go to buy some masks.  No where around my area is there any.  Pharmacies, are out, none at 7-11, stores do not have any.  I have been trying for over three weeks now, and no luck.  I think I would have better luck wrapping a pair of nickers around my face, since I can not locate any, and have been recycling and cleaning the two I have had since the end of February....

Apologies if the question has been answered already. I have not read all 7 pages of the topic.

Banggood.com has been emailing me daily with offers of face masks of all types.

https://sea.banggood.com/th/search/face-masks.html?from=nav

On 4/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, phuketrichard said:

rode around Kamala today on my bicycle, no i dont wear a mask, If i did i couldn't get enough air into my lungs.

I only wear one when i go inside a shop or supermarket, ( amazing, went to Central supermarket in Chern Talay today and about 10% of the farangs were NOT wearing masks)

i'd say 85% of those out and about wear a mask where as 2 weeks ago less thna 10%

For me i see ZERO reason to wear one in my car. seems rather crazy..

There are masks for riding bycycles and can be worn without taxing your breathing too much.

https://mytopfitness.com/air-pollution-masks-running-and-biking/

In case nobody mentioned, Phuket governor just announced anyone going out of their home must wear a mask or will be fined 20,000 baht and maybe subject to breaking the other various new laws - not respecting social, safe, distancing and so on ....

This probably will be going country wide soon I guess (Phuket wants to be number 1 in all competitions! ),  so don't argue, when it's the law you have no choice...

By the way, they only found 4 people in the whole of Phuket with infections in the last daily announcement - this is probably less than new STD infections... ! ????

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

Wear a mask as it will make others around you feel safer, wear a mask as it will make you look like a Ninja, stop being a *#$^ do the right thing and do what the majority of Thai's and us Farang's are doing! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1