Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Most people probably just haven’t been out enough to notice that lots of people are not wearing masks and now it’s probably because a lot of stores here are out of masks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

But a virus, manufactured in a lab and then accidentally released into the public (perhaps through some kind of "policy breach") would be able to infect a lot of people in a short period of time and wouldn't have to mutate in order to be passed from human to human.

But experts agree that this virus wasn't manufactured in a lab. You may present your scientific evidence to the contrary, however. Otherwise, stop spreading that debunked conspiracy theory.

 

The conspiracy theories about the origins of the coronavirus, debunked

There’s a rumor the coronavirus started in a Chinese lab. And a scientific consensus it didn’t.

     --https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

 

and

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

 

Accidentally released, possibly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you wear a mask in your own car? I always put mine on when I go food shopping, 7/11 or so. But not when driving, riding or working out alone outdoors. 

A big problem is the availability of masks. The ones that actually work for the user (N95 etc.) are nowhere available in Thailand. 



 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SS1 said:

Why would you wear a mask in your own car? I always put mine on when I go food shopping, 7/11 or so. But not when driving, riding or working out alone outdoors. 

A big problem is the availability of masks. The ones that actually work for the user (N95 etc.) are nowhere available in Thailand. 



 

a WhatIf..

 - once you are back in your comfort zone of own car...

you pick your nose, with a finger that has just been used in the shopping... opened and closed doors; and has sincwed touched your steering wheel also used by the other hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canvas masks are USELESS

Why would I wear a mask inside my own vehicle while driving???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A post with excessive usage of ALL CAPS has been removed as there is no need to shout. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

28 minutes ago, BigStar said:

But experts agree that this virus wasn't manufactured in a lab. You may present your scientific evidence to the contrary, however. Otherwise, stop spreading that debunked conspiracy theory.

 

The conspiracy theories about the origins of the coronavirus, debunked

There’s a rumor the coronavirus started in a Chinese lab. And a scientific consensus it didn’t.

     --https://www.vox.com/2020/3/4/21156607/how-did-the-coronavirus-get-started-china-wuhan-lab

 

and

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

 

Accidentally released, possibly.

 

It's true that the virus was not made.

 

However, the new story is that the virus was sampled from animals, analysed in the Wuhan virus research facility and then may have escaped. I very much doubt this was the case, but it can not be discounted:

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8188557/Did-coronavirus-leak-research-lab-Wuhan-Startling-theory-no-longer-discounted.html

Edited by Logosone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thailand_ryan - Lazada sell them and deliver. Just go online and order. Can either pay online or C.O.D. They also sell hand sanitizer and surgical gloves. Also basic food etc. All can be ordered and delivered so no need to go out.

Edited by generealty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

However, the new story is that the virus was sampled from animals, analysed in the Wuhan virus research facility and then may have escaped. 

Read a story today about tigers now testing positive for this virus. Not just a human misery any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

91910097_2524694467843799_64503264623219

a sign of the times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Agusts said:

I couldn't believe the West resisted advising the mask, the only reasonable excuse given was that they may not be enough for everyone and for medics etc.

 

Asians are far better on this due to previous pandemics here.

 

If you have no symptoms and can carry and transfer the virus to others, then must use the mask, that logic means everyone should wear it...!

 

Also if anything masks stop people touching their nose and mouth, that alone justifies it....

 

The best of course are the ones fit well and you can wash after every use.

I think the Wests Scientific evidence outweighs the knee jerk reactions of a bunch of Thai Numpties including one Multi Billionaire Health Minister trying to hand out masks,and berating Farangs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Speak for yourself:biggrin:

I am not hansum man. I'd look terrible with one of those in any condition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...