Son of Thai parents succumbs to Covid-19 in US

Jonathan Fairfield

Son of Thai parents succumbs to Covid-19 in US

n2.jpeg

Anick Jesdanun

Anick Jesdanun, 51, a journalist whose parents hail from Thailand, died in New York City on Thursday after being infected with the novel coronavirus (Covid-19).

Anick was deputy technology editor at The Associated Press.

His family said that Anick showed some symptoms of Covid-19 and twice went to see doctors but his condition did not improve. When he went to a hospital for the third time, he succumbed to the virus.

Anick was born in New Jersey and had worked with AP since graduation.

AP said that he was interested in the change that the internet had made in terms of relationship, reading, photography, healthcare and democracy.

In 2002, he wrote an article about a device that could track the locations of users via the internet before GSP was available.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385447

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-05

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

This does not affect just the elderly, anyone can become a victim.  Not your normal flu as many of the "This is just the Flu" folks want to keep harping on about.

Anyone with sufficient degree of inflammation - heart disease, overweight, utoimmune, cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and on and on, and thus a compromised immune system.

Protection from the outside is wise but must also include at least equal attention on one's immune system: vit c (6-8k mg/day), selenium, zinc, vit D( and get outside in the sun), magnesium, and perhaps astralugus.  This isnt a <deleted> shoot.  Less inflammation = less chance of serious consequence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harveyg said:

Anyone with sufficient degree of inflammation - heart disease, overweight, utoimmune, cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and on and on, and thus a compromised immune system.

Protection from the outside is wise but must also include at least equal attention on one's immune system: vit c (6-8k mg/day), selenium, zinc, vit D( and get outside in the sun), magnesium, and perhaps astralugus.  This isnt a <deleted> shoot.  Less inflammation = less chance of serious consequence.

Anyone, not just those with inflammation, young children are also dying from this, better rethink your stance, and of course I wish you the best and hope your extra strong immune system keeps you safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

The wife's daughter has just been tested positive to the virus. Mild symptoms at this stage but sent home to self isolate with old and young people in the household.

We all know how "self isolation" works out here in Thailand.

Shared daily facilities, shared meal times, shared bathing facilities, shared sleeping arrangements.

Now the army field hospitals start to make sense!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

We all know how "self isolation" works out here in Thailand.

Shared daily facilities, shared meal times, shared bathing facilities, shared sleeping arrangements.

Now the army field hospitals start to make sense!

The daughter is in America (sorry for the confusion but as the topic was about America I thought everyone would understand))

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It’s been independently proven already to NOT have been manmade in a lab! 

Secondly a case fatality rate of about 4 to 5 percent is a joke when it comes to bio weapons. You want 50% at the very least! 

Could be a dummy run for the real thing?

Only joking (I hope).

On 4/6/2020 at 12:38 AM, Redline said:

Was he even born in Thailand?  Next we will see step sons and brothers died in England or Italy?  No Thais ever dies in China?  Or, nobody wants to live in China 

According to the article, he was born in New Jersey which is a state of the USA.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 6:03 AM, gunderhill said:
On 4/6/2020 at 4:13 AM, JimmyTheMook said:

RIP 

anyone who thinks this thing did not come from a biowarfare lab in China better wake up - kills too fast and too efficiently. 

STOP SPREADING  <deleted>

Now I'm not saying one way or another if this is just a conspiracy or not, but this "Documentary" makes some pretty specific points:

A video I found on Youtube today from The Epoch Times:  

On 4/6/2020 at 7:33 PM, Ireland32 said:

It’s too Deadly , it’s Perfection Perfectly Design to Murder  

23 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Now I'm not saying one way or another if this is just a conspiracy or not, but this "Documentary" makes some pretty specific points:

The report doesn't have much credibility...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

On 4/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Harveyg said:

That's debatable. 

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/you-dont-actually-want-to-boost-your-immune-system-1842754207

There’s a virus going around. In general, when your immune system is strong, you’re in a better position to resist infection. So who wouldn’t want to boost their immune system with vitamins, exercise, or whatever foods or supplements might help? But the whole concept is kind of broken.

On 4/6/2020 at 8:47 AM, ThailandRyan said:

This does not affect just the elderly, anyone can become a victim.  Not your normal flu as many of the "This is just the Flu" folks want to keep harping on about.

Indeed. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

Hundreds of young Americans have now been killed by the coronavirus, data shows

Two weeks after her husband died alone in an intensive care unit in Fort Myers, Fla., Nicole Buchanan is quarantined at the home they shared with their 12-year-old daughter, wrestling not only with grief but also with why and how the coronavirus could steal someone so young and healthy.

“My husband didn’t have diabetes, he didn’t have asthma, he didn’t have high cholesterol. He didn’t have anything,” Buchanan said. “There’s just so much I’ll never know, that I’ll never get the answers to.”

On 4/6/2020 at 2:07 AM, pacovl46 said:

It’s been independently proven already to NOT have been manmade in a lab! 

Secondly a case fatality rate of about 4 to 5 percent is a joke when it comes to bio weapons. You want 50% at the very least! 

"Independently proven....", by who...the Chinese...lol! Nothing has been proven yet, it's all lies from PRC.

6 hours ago, i84teen said:

"Independently proven....", by who...the Chinese...lol! Nothing has been proven yet, it's all lies from PRC.

Wow! Do you mean to tell me that you actually believe that SARS-CoV-2 is only being looked at by Chinese scientists in China and the rest of the world relies solely on the information they get from them?! 

cough*I smell a conspiracy theorist*cough

Man, scientists worldwide are all over it because everyone is desperately trying to find a cure/vaccine/something that helps!!!

Edited by pacovl46
Typo

On 4/8/2020 at 7:57 AM, LeamchabangLarry said:

Epoch Times is known for spreading conspiracy theories!