'Thais better off than people in New York' during Covid-19 outbreak

Jonathan Fairfield

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She said working during this pandemic has been depressing because during every shift there were always 3-4 people dead. Before the dead body is taken away another infected patient is ready to take their place. Although it was a small hospital, seeing dead people there was like "watching leaves fall from a tree".

A far cry from a "luxury Bangkok hospital" no doubt, but wait till you get out into the smaller towns and villages, I bet the picture will soon look the same!

13 hours ago, gunderhill said:

It  will be interesting later when it's all  passed to get some real scientific  answers on a lot of questions such as face  masks, climate, and immunity. There's  so  much BS going around  now it's almost  impossible to  believe anything, or  anyone.

Unfortunately whatever happens I won't be holding my breath for the truth from the Thai authorities. 

41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I would choose Thailand over most places in the world at this point. Especially ground zero, NYC. That would be the last place in the world I would want to be at this time. 

If this were going to blow up here, it would have happened long ago. Chinese were mobbing this place two months ago. Barely 100 new cases a day. Within a couple of weeks this is likely to level off here, in my opinion. The heat is a real ally. Just look at the numbers in every tropical country. Brazil is the only one with more than 10,000 cases and they are huge with over 200 million people. 

This is not the Zombie apocalypse!

Iv'e  told  my UK  Mother to turn the heating up to 40c.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, hydraides said:

Trump refusing to wear a mask......................How dumb can you get.

Prayut wears a mask...At least give him that

If you are a leader of a country..................It is your responsibility to LEAD by example. Trump refusing to wear a mask is just crazy

I know there are conflicting reports on how effective wearing a mask but better safe than sorry. I am sure its effective to at least some degree. 

who needs a clown to show them what to do

15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

"better off than people in New York"'

Where in the world are people NOT better off than being in NY?

Some would say being dead is better than living in NY...

NYC sucks, but the food is great.  good for a weekend at most

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Unfortunately whatever happens I won't be holding my breath for the truth from the Thai authorities. 

You don't need to wait for truth from the Thai authorities. On ThaiVisa, the 'truth' comes from someone reporting that his Thai ex-brother-in-law's cousin's neighbor is a janitor at the big XYZ provincial hospital, and HE says --

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, hydraides said:

If you are a leader of a country..................It is your responsibility to LEAD by example. Trump refusing to wear a mask is just crazy

I know there are conflicting reports on how effective wearing a mask but better safe than sorry. I am sure its effective to at least some degree.  

Trump lives, travels and flies protected from nuclear-biological-chemical threats, with doctors, hospitals and a supply of blood ready at all times anywhere in the world.  There are literally hundreds of people keeping him physically separated from everyone.  There's another army of people who clean and sanitize everything before he even enters a place.

So how're you handling this pandemic?  By wearing a mask?

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

"better off than people in New York"'

Where in the world are people NOT better off than being in NY?

Some would say being dead is better than living in NY...

If you look at Jason Goodmans videos of him currently walking the streets of NYC,on YT ,what mostly comes across is the unfriendliness of the average citizen there with a few exceptions.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bannork said:

So many posters upset the number of deaths and cases in Thailand are miniscule compared to the West.

'It's the lack of testing'

'Just wait 2 weeks when all the workers have returned upcountry, then you'll see the exponential growth.'

Maybe the hot weather is a major inhibitor, which combined with the current clampdown on social contact and the space available upcountry, has led to the low numbers of infections anddeaths 

19 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Perhaps, as a few scientific studies are saying, the number of asymptomatic carriers is huge everywhere, then it could be that, on average, Thais have good antibodies.

Perhaps... I also suspect that many who fall ill, but not seriously so, are simply not seeking treatment, and thus not being recorded. A bit like the regular "seasonal flu" epidemics, self diagnose, a couple of days in bed with over the counter medication, get up when you get better.

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps... I also suspect that many who fall ill, but not seriously so, are simply not seeking treatment, and thus not being recorded. A bit like the regular "seasonal flu" epidemics, self diagnose, a couple of days in bed with over the counter medication, get up when you get better.

Entirely possible, but would it really be better if they go to hospital and infect others ?

I do believe that thousands will die in New York, and other bjg America cities.

A lot of it will bebecause of the red neck attitude toward the Wuhan virus.

I am glad thar I do nothave to go to America for any reason for the next year or two.

I doubt the economy will get better in a quick manner.  I amalso wziting to see the spikes

in pneumonia deaths in the countryside in up country and Isaan part of Thailand in the

next month.  Happy April everybody!

Geezer

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, hydraides said:

Masks dont do much

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, hydraides said:

These high level people can isolate themselves relatively speaking.

Trump meets all sorts of high ranking people both in US and the world. I think it sends a bad signal despite the risk. I'd say it's up to him. Thailand is nothingburger. Constantly on lists for human rights abused and corruption.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am also wziting to see the spikes in pneumonia deaths in the countryside in up country and Isaan part of Thailand in the next month. 

Gee I hope you're not disappointed.

• Haha 1

Christ there are a lot of sensitive people... she said literally nothing negative about the US or anything especially pro Thailand in a meaningful way and everyone slates the poor lady and seemingly hopes the worst for Thailand. She is working at the front line to save US lives in the US, and still that's a problem.

These people at the front line wherever they work, whatever their nationality are a lot braver than me and hats off to them. I suggest a few people on here show a bit more gratitude, you never know when you might need their assistance.

You have a choice:  for the next 30-years, America or Thailand

most people give up everything for 20-baht soup, even if they can't talk with one person.  smoke, visa problems, no voice...they don't care.

i admit the gf's in Thailand are better, but I wouldn't want to marry a woman from any country.  then the money's gone.

Thailand is great for a few years.  sure.  

Even in this crisis, i would hope everyone would pick their home country if they were forced to chose only one place to go for the next 30-years.  if not, when this is over, do yourself a favor and renounce your citizenship.