Stop Worrying!

CanadaSam

52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

"Guys, this corona virus kills 1-2% of people, MAX. There have been viruses recently that killed 35-40% of people (MERS)."

Your just a laugh a minute with your own statistical percentages, try 34.4% and those are WHO's figures for MERS, which I have listed below for you.

2,494 cases Since September 2012, WHO has been notified of 2494 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV.

858 MERS-CoV associated deaths have occurred since September 2012.

Since September 2012, 27 countries have reported cases of MERS-CoV

The COVID-19 percentages according to the WHO's stats are averaging about 5.5%

Global cases
Updated Apr 5 at 5:23 PM local
Confirmed
+82,733
Deaths
+5,802
Recovered
+19,982

Bogus. 5x more untested.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

That's the sort of thing idiots post when they have absolutely no argument that holds up to scrutiny.

Well that may be so .... But can you please then post links to all the 'proof' you have that all the figures are fake .. or highly massaged ...

image.png.880797d7e88df1d8543ff18840a43a8e.png

This bit just does not stand up to scrutiny me thinks ....

(sorry if you have posted links before and I have missed it)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

So, 1 guy out of 1 hundred will die.  And in fact, the old and sick.  Do we really need to worry all that much about it?

But its not just the 1 in 100... its the other 14% (reportedly) who suffer extreme worse than flu symptoms and 5% who only survive because they have been placed on a respirator... 

So..  once all those respirators are in use, those who need them will likely die... so your 1 in 100 could become 5 in 100 quite quickly without any control measures.

I still can’t believe people struggle with this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brewster67 said:

That's the sort of thing idiots post when they have absolutely no argument that holds up to scrutiny.

It is unfortunately the type of post that your post warrants because of the lunatic conspiracy theories being bandied about by folks who need to think for themselves. Get a grip that this is a pandemic, people are getting very sick and dying and it is affecting all ages.  The 5G conspiracy theory as well also needs to be put away, there is no illuminati, and there is no world wide take over being conducted.......now .........please stop worrying.  As the song says "Dont worry be happy"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i was doing 150 kph on my motorcycle last week and all it could think about was worrying about dying from this virus.

I could not wait to get home. 

Thank god no one was trying to give you a tin foil hat to go with the face mask that are not available.  Stay Safe NCC

44 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I want to respond to this separately: 

The vast majority of those who died were of an age where they would have been expected to die of other causes anyway... OK, sure.. but within what time frame?  

It seems some of us are trying to rationalise premature death. 

If they [the aged deceased] were probably going to die of ‘something’ (statistically speaking) within the next 6 months and Covid-19 takes them this month, is that acceptable?

If they [the aged deceased] were probably going to die of ‘something’ (statistically speaking) within the next 5 years and Covid-19 takes them this month, is that acceptable?

Obviously its easier for a family to handle it if their loved one was on the last legs dying of cancer and Covid-19 took them out. But what about 80 year old Grandpa down the road who’s still pottering around his garden?

You make some excellent points.

Obviously for the individual affected and their family it is always too early.

However, taking a cold blooded look at the life expectancy then....but then you're not denying that, you are putting a very intelligent face on it.

I do not dispute that it is tragic for the family and the individual.

Perhaps this should take precedence. However, the other side of the coin is the transplant that gets cancelled, the lung operation that is cancelled, because beds are requisitioned for Covid. We probably won't get numbers for that.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Bogus. 5x more untested.

Actually at present on global closed cases, 21% have died and 79% have recovered. The 5.5% has factored in the untested people with a guesstimate 

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 18.03.02.png

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1