BANGKOK

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

I have always thought of failure as dying when you were never happy , and success as dying being happy at what you did with your life .now some people  sat in front of the tv and only ever ate fish and chips ,but it made them as happy as larry ,while others were only happy if they had a private jet and their own island .

in the end what does it matter as long as what you did ,made you happy?

me? my life has been a blast ,lovely wives and lovers,lots of them  ,family , traveled ,was in the thick of it in London in the swinging 60s,always had enough money to enjoy life etc ,at least when i die ,i will be sad to go ,but so happy i did all i wanted to do.

Aaaaah, the swinging 60's, I do tend to reminisce those times near daily....😋

Your rather refreshing common sense and reasoning will fall upon alot of deaf ears. There is a significant percentage of the population that would rather "buy into panic", at this time. I keep saying this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse but hundreds of millions think it is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You say don't worry so much... Perhaps many people are worrying more about their employment & financial situations! 

As of this morning I have stopped worrying, and I have found a silver lining in all of this.  How you say, could you have found a silver lining? as you scoff at me. Well, let me explain it.  I did something that has not been done in awhile and took the time to remove the cushions from my couch in order to clean down deep into the crevices, and remove whatever scary things had collected there.  Well what did you find? Well since you asked, What I found was 653 baht in all denominations of coins, as well as some of the children's hair ties, and small Lego toys they lost.  I also found a few pencils and then of course the dreaded food crumbs.  The silver lining was the money I located, now instead of using it to buy some more beer, I instead put it back in the couch.  Why you ask? Well of course the silver lining is that I am hopeful that it will multiply on its own and attract more wayward coins.....so there you go my silver lining in a time of unknown things to come....

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Your rather refreshing common sense and reasoning will fall upon alot of deaf ears. There is a significant percentage of the population that would rather "buy into panic", at this time. I keep saying this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse but hundreds of millions think it is. 

Scam like co2 only more fast.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/call-for-more-protection-after-five-london-bus-drivers-die-from-coronavirus

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11331086/london-bus-drivers-die-coronavirus/

15 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

My niece works in the path lab in a Colchester, UK Hospital, and she says they are not even testing fellow staff let alone the public.

The vast amount of deaths being blamed on Covid-19 are just not true, the overwhelming majority of deaths are very old people who have 2,3 or 4 health conditions and their immune systems are shot to bits and they were always going to die the next time they caught a cold or flu.

Even the chief professor of epidemiology at Oxford University has come out and said the figures are alarmingly massaged, her and dozens of doctors and scientists in the virology field are all saying the same... the figures are being falsified.

IT'S ALL A SCAM..... WAKE UP!

Someone call Boris and tell him he's in hospital with a scam disease. He needs to wake up and he'll be fine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Someone call Boris and tell him he's in hospital with a scam disease. He needs to wake up and he'll be fine!

I tried but only Natasha answered the phone........

18 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Guys, this corona virus kills 1-2% of people, MAX.

There have been viruses recently that killed 35-40% of people (MERS).

The only difference is the transmission rate, the really dangerous ones have been stopped because of low infection rates, with timing involved.

This corona seems to be a really infectious one, affecting everybody, and no lockdowns have worked so far.

So, 1 guy out of 1 hundred will die.  And in fact, the old and sick.  Do we really need to worry all that much about it?

You miss the big picture.

It's higher than 1% because you forgot that 20% need to be hospitalised. If those 20% do not get hospitalization, they will also die. it's only 1% if the hospitals are not full. Once this spirals out of control and the hospitals are full, this thing will be 20% death rate.

The lockdowns are slowing the spread effectively making the R rate as they call it less than 1. What this means is after enough of the lockdown, the virus will die out as it will not have enough people to spread but this is something that is going to take months.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Even the chief professor of epidemiology at Oxford University has come out and said the figures are alarmingly massaged, her and dozens of doctors and scientists in the virology field are all saying the same... the figures are being falsified.

That is an incorrect version of what was quoted  in the Guardian:

But “the science” appeared to lead us to differing conclusions. The same weekend Johnson did his volte face, an Oxford University team led by Sunetra Gupta, a professor of theoretical epidemiology, pointed out that figures on the morbidity of Covid-19 were virtually meaningless in the absence of testing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/02/wrong-coronavirus-world-scientists-optimism-experts

58 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

He needs to fix his diet. Flus have smashed me on poor diets.

Nurse please order the tinhats they are required.

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

That is an incorrect version of what was quoted  in the Guardian:

But “the science” appeared to lead us to differing conclusions. The same weekend Johnson did his volte face, an Oxford University team led by Sunetra Gupta, a professor of theoretical epidemiology, pointed out that figures on the morbidity of Covid-19 were virtually meaningless in the absence of testing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/02/wrong-coronavirus-world-scientists-optimism-experts

Thank you - I didn't say nor quote that directly - it was response (including quotation of message) to Brewster67. What Sunetra Gupta says in your quote I fully agree with. so 20% of those tested positive have complications. How many percent of positive are tested? No idea.

8 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

He needs to fix his diet. Flus have smashed me on poor diets.

Hopefully he eats better than his White house twin.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Bogus. 5x more untested.

You need to include deaths in that as well, they don't waste the kit on those that have died.