Stop Worrying!

CanadaSam

1 minute ago, tifino said:

... be sort of having a little iceberg... slowly sinking from melting - with 20000 Seals atop, and circled by 200 circling killer whales 

No worries....... if they are Navy seals    ????????????

12 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Well that may be so .... But can you please then post links to all the 'proof' you have that all the figures are fake .. or highly massaged ...

image.png.880797d7e88df1d8543ff18840a43a8e.png

This bit just does not stand up to scrutiny me thinks ....

(sorry if you have posted links before and I have missed it)

Look at past history

Salt scam

Cholesterol scam

Y2k scam

Wmd scam

Co2 scam

Spot the trend......

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Look at past history

Salt scam

Cholesterol scam

Y2k scam

Wmd scam

Co2 scam

Spot the trend......

the 2 day flight total ban...

- so that everyone has to 'again' pay for a repeat of the fit to fly paper tests

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:
  39 minutes ago, PatchinExPat said:

Most I have known were more or less failures, who were mad at the world because

they feel they were never given all they wanted.

Do you know any that were not born with a silver spoon ?   That somehow managed to not be "failures" ,  and are now trying to enjoy the fruits of their hard earned labors without a govt. or other entity ( lawyers,  wives,  changing tax laws,  forced insurance as some examples) ... without someone trying to take it away ???

I assure you there are a few guys on this forum who fit that description  ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

define failure?

define success?

i rather like the definition of success .....

'to lie with the wives and daughters of my dead enemies and ride their horses.'

but that's a bit old fashioned these days.

100+ women = success

Under failed

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

define failure?

define success?

i rather like this definition of success .....

'to lie with the wives and daughters of my recently dead enemies and ride their horses.'

So you live in a world full of enemies, and your reward for that is

taking advantage of women , used as your masturbation devices, sad for you.

I have friends, I have people who are not friends, but wish me no harm, as I wish

none for them. But I don't think either group feel they need to worry about me

taking advantage of them, I have tried to show through my actions that is a

trait of my makeup.

Sex is a very important part of being human, I have been fortunate to enjoy it

a lot, but never as revenge. 

9 minutes ago, PatchinExPat said:

So you live in a world full of enemies, and your reward for that is

taking advantage of women , used as your masturbation devices, sad for you.

I have friends, I have people who are not friends, but wish me no harm, as I wish

none for them. But I don't think either group feel they need to worry about me

taking advantage of them, I have tried to show through my actions that is a

trait of my makeup.

Sex is a very important part of being human, I have been fortunate to enjoy it

a lot, but never as revenge. 

........ still no indication what you consider success or failure.

we ain't mind readers.

as for my world, it's a bit limited at the moment.

house, garden, woman, two kids, two rabbits and a load of plants.

Edited by BritManToo

15 hours ago, nausea said:

Agree, that's life. It's a Darwinian thing, survival of the fittest and all that. The more we rely on artificial aids the more devastating the real thing will be. And this is just a precursor. We have developed a society where the weak and the old can survive, and many of them give us significant benefits, Stephen Hawkings being an example. But this thing, where stupid, middle class, genetically weak, kids enter positions of power, based purely on money and psychopathy, ain't so good. Ha!

You are talking absolute <deleted>, I know a professional rugby player who has it at the moment.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

Do you know any that were not born with a silver spoon ?   That somehow managed to not be "failures" ,  and are now trying to enjoy the fruits of their hard earned labors without a govt. or other entity ( lawyers,  wives,  changing tax laws,  forced insurance as some examples) ... without someone trying to take it away ???

I assure you there are a few guys on this forum who fit that description  ????

I was born 5th of 7 and used an outdoor toilet until I by hand dug the hole for 

tank and field lines. Stated full time work at 17. I have gone a week with no money

for food, finding what ever cans I could. 

I have invested all but pocket change in a business and worked with out pay to see

it succeed.

I do live off my own contributions to my well being, I have insurance I pay for because

I don't care to be a ward of the state. I have paid my debts, my credit is clear, I have 

no one demanding anything of me. I use and pay for lawyers and tax professionals

for their services.

I have no envy of anyones life, I am happy with my own.

I like , even love, to see people succeed and have the life they enjoy. I have 

relatives whose fortunes vastly exceed mine and I am aware of the good things

they do with some of their money. I enjoy knowing they are part of my family,

even though they were raised as the middle class generation and me and my siblings

were not. 

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You are talking absolute <deleted>, I know a professional rugby player who has it at the moment.

And he/she will more than likely recover just fine, unless he has some underlying condition that could complicate things !!

Unless it's this guy

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-43961598

Edited by cornishcarlos

15 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I don't know what the guy was, but he's either a government spokesman or something in Serbia, but he had a message to the OP:

It may be true that the mortality percentage is low... but for the one who gets killed it's 100%...

I would tell the Serbian guy, it's 100% for everyone...eventually.

• Haha 1

CanadaSam… It is not only the old or weak. That is a wives tale and incorrect. It is now starting to be known that the more you ingest of the virus as say from a sneeze or a cough is the more you will be sick. You are only as strong as your immune system's viral load and if you intake more of what your load can suppress then you are in trouble and so it has nothing to do with your age or how strong you think you are or you think your immune system is. Think of smoke inhalation and then think of the virus. Now do you think you are that strong and nothing to worry about? I hope that makes sense to you.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

define failure?

define success?

i rather like this definition of success .....

'to lie with the wives and daughters of my recently dead enemies and ride their horses.'

I have always thought of failure as dying when you were never happy , and success as dying being happy at what you did with your life .now some people  sat in front of the tv and only ever ate fish and chips ,but it made them as happy as larry ,while others were only happy if they had a private jet and their own island .

in the end what does it matter as long as what you did ,made you happy?

me? my life has been a blast ,lovely wives and lovers,lots of them  ,family , traveled ,was in the thick of it in London in the swinging 60s,always had enough money to enjoy life etc ,at least when i die ,i will be sad to go ,but so happy i did all i wanted to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

I have always thought of failure as dying when you were never happy , and success as dying being happy at what you did with your life .now some people  sat in front of the tv and only ever ate fish and chips ,but it made them as happy as larry ,while others were only happy if they had a private jet and their own island .

in the end what does it matter as long as what you did ,made you happy?

me? my life has been a blast ,lovely wives and lovers,lots of them  ,family , traveled ,was in the thick of it in London in the swinging 60s,always had enough money to enjoy life etc ,at least when i die ,i will be sad to go ,but so happy i did all i wanted to do.

Aaaaah, the swinging 60's, I do tend to reminisce those times near daily....????

Your rather refreshing common sense and reasoning will fall upon alot of deaf ears. There is a significant percentage of the population that would rather "buy into panic", at this time. I keep saying this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse but hundreds of millions think it is. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As of this morning I have stopped worrying, and I have found a silver lining in all of this.  How you say, could you have found a silver lining? as you scoff at me. Well, let me explain it.  I did something that has not been done in awhile and took the time to remove the cushions from my couch in order to clean down deep into the crevices, and remove whatever scary things had collected there.  Well what did you find? Well since you asked, What I found was 653 baht in all denominations of coins, as well as some of the children's hair ties, and small Lego toys they lost.  I also found a few pencils and then of course the dreaded food crumbs.  The silver lining was the money I located, now instead of using it to buy some more beer, I instead put it back in the couch.  Why you ask? Well of course the silver lining is that I am hopeful that it will multiply on its own and attract more wayward coins.....so there you go my silver lining in a time of unknown things to come....

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Your rather refreshing common sense and reasoning will fall upon alot of deaf ears. There is a significant percentage of the population that would rather "buy into panic", at this time. I keep saying this is NOT the Zombie Apocalypse but hundreds of millions think it is. 

Scam like co2 only more fast.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/call-for-more-protection-after-five-london-bus-drivers-die-from-coronavirus

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11331086/london-bus-drivers-die-coronavirus/

15 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

My niece works in the path lab in a Colchester, UK Hospital, and she says they are not even testing fellow staff let alone the public.

The vast amount of deaths being blamed on Covid-19 are just not true, the overwhelming majority of deaths are very old people who have 2,3 or 4 health conditions and their immune systems are shot to bits and they were always going to die the next time they caught a cold or flu.

Even the chief professor of epidemiology at Oxford University has come out and said the figures are alarmingly massaged, her and dozens of doctors and scientists in the virology field are all saying the same... the figures are being falsified.

IT'S ALL A SCAM..... WAKE UP!

Someone call Boris and tell him he's in hospital with a scam disease. He needs to wake up and he'll be fine!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Guys, this corona virus kills 1-2% of people, MAX.

There have been viruses recently that killed 35-40% of people (MERS).

The only difference is the transmission rate, the really dangerous ones have been stopped because of low infection rates, with timing involved.

This corona seems to be a really infectious one, affecting everybody, and no lockdowns have worked so far.

So, 1 guy out of 1 hundred will die.  And in fact, the old and sick.  Do we really need to worry all that much about it?

You miss the big picture.

It's higher than 1% because you forgot that 20% need to be hospitalised. If those 20% do not get hospitalization, they will also die. it's only 1% if the hospitals are not full. Once this spirals out of control and the hospitals are full, this thing will be 20% death rate.

The lockdowns are slowing the spread effectively making the R rate as they call it less than 1. What this means is after enough of the lockdown, the virus will die out as it will not have enough people to spread but this is something that is going to take months.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Even the chief professor of epidemiology at Oxford University has come out and said the figures are alarmingly massaged, her and dozens of doctors and scientists in the virology field are all saying the same... the figures are being falsified.

That is an incorrect version of what was quoted  in the Guardian:

But “the science” appeared to lead us to differing conclusions. The same weekend Johnson did his volte face, an Oxford University team led by Sunetra Gupta, a professor of theoretical epidemiology, pointed out that figures on the morbidity of Covid-19 were virtually meaningless in the absence of testing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/02/wrong-coronavirus-world-scientists-optimism-experts

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

That is an incorrect version of what was quoted  in the Guardian:

But “the science” appeared to lead us to differing conclusions. The same weekend Johnson did his volte face, an Oxford University team led by Sunetra Gupta, a professor of theoretical epidemiology, pointed out that figures on the morbidity of Covid-19 were virtually meaningless in the absence of testing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/02/wrong-coronavirus-world-scientists-optimism-experts

Thank you - I didn't say nor quote that directly - it was response (including quotation of message) to Brewster67. What Sunetra Gupta says in your quote I fully agree with. so 20% of those tested positive have complications. How many percent of positive are tested? No idea.