COVID-19: All hotels and beaches closed in Chonburi

Jonathan Fairfield

Chon Buri closes more venues, business establishments to combat COVID-19

Chon-Buri-closes-more-venues-business-establishments-to-combat-COVID-19.jpg

Bangkok, 05 April, 2020. – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to provide further updates on the additional measures to combat the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by Chon Buri province, where Pattaya is located, in addition to our previous report on Chon Buri announces emergency measures to combat COVID-19.

Chon Buri province has ordered closure of more venues and business establishments as well as additional measures with immediate effect until further notice, as per the following:

1. All types of hotels and similar establishments.
  2. All beaches.
  3. All petrol stations are to be closed from 22.00 – 05.00 Hrs.
  4. Weekend markets and markets that are normally not open every day.
  5. Tattoo and body piercing shops and similar services.
  6. All activities at all reservoirs, except for the government’s operations.
  7. Intensified screening measures at the entry and exit points for the areas of Pattaya City and Bang Lamung District.
  8. Suspension of some services of government, state enterprises and state-run agencies.

TAT is constantly providing updates on the tourism-related COVID-19 situation in Thailand at the TAT Newsroom (https://www.tatnews.org/). For additional information and assistance relating to Thailand’s tourism, contact the TAT Contact Centre 1672 or Tourist Police 1155.

For constant updates of Thailand’s COVID-19 control measures for travellers, please visit https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2020/04/tat-update-chon-buri-closes-more-venues-business-establishments-to-combat-covid-19/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

There was a similar directive in Phuket, but hotels with guests remain open. Hotels were closing anyway as their employees are eligible for government handouts if laid off. The worry was that hotels with guests may follow suit leaving guests stranded.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Chon Buri province has ordered closure of more venues and business establishments as well as additional measures with immediate effect until further notice, as per the following:

Finally they get the message!

4 hours ago, maechanman said:

See post 4 it's with the exception of those that already have guests, at least I hope so because I stay long term in an hotel.

Unlikely they would stay open for one or two guests. Reminds me though of a small hotel I stayed at one December in the Finnish town of Rovaniemi. They were closing for the Christmas holiday, I was the only guest, and they gave me the key to the hotel. Another time, I was staying at a small hotel in St Kilda in Melbourne. At night they closed the internal switchboard but I needed as a journalist to make calls at night to Europe, so they put an open line through to my room to use. Got a call one night from the local plod looking for someone....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Hotels easy to find,  air bnb ? Good luck with that

I don't know, and I'm just just guessing here, but perhaps It is possible to work with Airbnb (and in this case other e-accommodation sites like Agoda, Booking.com etc.) and take all Thai-based listings offline? Technically, I am sure it can be done, but I am not sure what other considerations these businesses may have in addition to technical ones.

Got hustled off beach wall in Jomtien this morning, was playing guitar with friend 2m apart. I pointed out group of Thais sitting on beach nearby, maybe 5m away, sharing a mat, maybe 30cm between them, also same sort of group but down the sidewalk a bit (red stairway point to them). The cops did nothing, acted like theybeachhuh.thumb.jpg.85449bf724d960fa4ed7c3ebda7455ec.jpg did not see those groups. Yeah, seems racist enforcement, or at least selective.

• Like 1

My g/f uncle just died of cancer,so they will have the gan sop for 4 days then burning,people are coming from all over so as she is looking after Mum for a few days i asked here to leave it coming back for 7-10 days after the funeral,she is 40 and in good health i am 55 and not,a perfectly reasonable request one would have thought,que a rant down the phone of Herculean proportions,from her,plenty of swearing ect,i hope you die ect,obvouisly she has been on the sauce again,in the end unable to talk sense i ended the call,just show's how serious she is taking it,the Gan sop is supposed to be 20 people,you think that will happen?Thai people have to wake up to the fact that life cannot go on just as normal,that includes funerals,no doubt i will get hammered now by the i am more Thai than Thai brigade,well bring it on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lumbini said:

Still se people swimming and laying on the beach in Jomtien 

Pattaya too, 30 minutes ago. In my condo compound 2 places still have sit down customers eating and drinking.

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

My g/f uncle just died of cancer,so they will have the gan sop for 4 days then burning,people are coming from all over so as she is looking after Mum for a few days i asked here to leave it coming back for 7-10 days after the funeral,she is 40 and in good health i am 55 and not,a perfectly reasonable request one would have thought,que a rant down the phone of Herculean proportions,from her,plenty of swearing ect,i hope you die ect,obvouisly she has been on the sauce again,in the end unable to talk sense i ended the call,just show's how serious she is taking it,the Gan sop is supposed to be 20 people,you think that will happen?Thai people have to wake up to the fact that life cannot go on just as normal,that includes funerals,no doubt i will get hammered now by the i am more Thai than Thai brigade,well bring it on.

I can relate to this.  My wife is up country looking after her grandkids (one of whom has a bad chest fairly often anyway) where it's - presumably - safer.  Someone in the family has died and now they're coming in from all over.  I'm afraid I had a bit of a rant as to why they shouldn't do this, but "it's a funeral" apparently trumps all else.

Ah well, she was a good wife.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2020 at 1:23 PM, Emdog said:

Got hustled off beach wall in Jomtien this morning, was playing guitar with friend 2m apart

Maybe they thought you where "busking" for money  and/or would attract a crowd ?

10 hours ago, johng said:

Maybe they thought you where "busking" for money  and/or would attract a crowd ?

If you heard me play, you'd know I'd starve if I depended on busking. Ditto for attracting a crowd. They should hire me to clear the beach.... No money hat out, no mics, no work permit... I don't do a "set" or even entire tunes often. I go to beach and play guitar for therapy (mine, not others). I don't play loud & prefer if no one comes by to listen.