When is Posted 90-Day Considered Late

Is a 90-day report posted less than two weeks before its due date considered late?   I posted my report due on March   17th on March 6th and EMS tracking shows that it was received on March 9th.  I haven't received a new 90-day report slip as yet.  I didn't want to go to Chaeng Wattana in person because I want to maintain physical distancing.  My extension is due by May 13th, so unless there is an order giving us automatic extensions until June 30th, I will have go to immigration in early May anyway.  At that time, I could check with the 90-day desk. I'm planning to return to Japan at the end of May anyway, so unless I am asked, perhaps I could just skip it.

I have been hoping that that the 90-day would turn up in the mail but it hasn't so far.

Thank you.  I did all that but sent it 11 days before the renewal date, not 15.  Is that grounds for rejection?  I have all of the copies and the EMS receipt.  What should I do now?  I'm not eager to go to immigration in person.

As I said before online renewal cannot be done before 15 days. Thus if online renewal does not work, as happened to me a couple of times, then theoretically the mailing deadline has already passed. OK they may accept it with a reminder notice but that is putting a band-aid on a illogical timetable.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana will still accept your mailed in report. You will get a note with receipt reminding you that they want if mailed 15 days before the your report date. As long as they receive by 7 days before your report date they accept it.

I've had mine received there in the past well less than seven days and they still accepted it. I got the stapled warning with a highlighter marker and two penned underlines ???? ???? 

Not suggesting that anyone do that, but I think they're fairly accommodating and always found it a reliable way to do the 90-day. I have no idea why people who don't need to go to an immigration office. I visit once a year for visa renewal and wp renewal. 

9 minutes ago, Yme said:

I've had mine received there in the past well less than seven days and they still accepted it. I got the stapled warning with a highlighter marker and two penned underlines ???? ???? 

Not suggesting that anyone do that, but I think they're fairly accommodating and always found it a reliable way to do the 90-day. I have no idea why people who don't need to go to an immigration office. I visit once a year for visa renewal and wp renewal. 

I used to do my 90 day report by post all the time in the days when you had to fill out a TM47 and take various passport copies etc. Then once, I didn't get the slip returned and decided to report in person just in case. The Jomtien office isn't far from me and when I discovered how easy the computerised system of just producing your passport was, I decided to visit the office every time, until my recent report. Because of the virus, I didn't fancy queuing in a crowded office, so thought I'd give the postal system a go again. I was pleasantly surprised to get my slip back within two or three days. As long as you post your bumph within 7 - 15 days and you have the EMS slip to prove it, you should be ok. It isn't worth doing a special trip to your IO these days while there are hundreds of potential virus spreaders queuing, I'd rather risk the 2000 baht fine.

Thanks, all.  I have the EMS receipt showing that the report was received eight days before the due date.  I am still hopeful of receiving the receipt before I must extend at the beginning of May.

Speaking of extending, my medical profile at age 77 with two pre-existing conditions makes it perilous to be in a crowd of the people most likely to be infected.  It is said that 75% of those infected are foreigners.  I am thinking of getting a letter from my doctor saying that I can't extend in person because of my medical profile and retaining an agent to do the extension for me.

Does anybody think that the automatic extension will come through?

12 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Thanks, all.  I have the EMS receipt showing that the report was received eight days before the due date.  I am still hopeful of receiving the receipt before I must extend at the beginning of May.

Speaking of extending, my medical profile at age 77 with two pre-existing conditions makes it perilous to be in a crowd of the people most likely to be infected.  It is said that 75% of those infected are foreigners.  I am thinking of getting a letter from my doctor saying that I can't extend in person because of my medical profile and retaining an agent to do the extension for me.

Does anybody think that the automatic extension will come through?

You have the EMS-receipt of receipt by IO before due date, so no worries about that.

Worst thing that can happen is that they fine you 2.000 THB for 'not reporting' - hardly worth the hassle to get doctor receipt or visit IO specifically for 90-day reporting in these times.

• Thanks 1