Baht bus covidential (sic) -- are the new spacing rules being respected or not?

Jingthing

20 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Sorry if you think I was stalking I was not.....With so many people unemployed the baht buses are needed more than ever.....The baht buses are much safer than taxis being open air and all.....I ride them every day with no problems at all...

And how would you know you have a problem until you show symptoms. I'd rather be riding a motorbike than a songthaew any day. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 5:27 AM, Jingthing said:

Drats. Then that article was basically all for show. No signs. No enforcement system. Worse than I suspected.

The baht bus to jomtien,is same as usual...they wont depart pattaya sth until at least 14 people are crammed in..lucky im not reliant on that baht bus...very scary.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, fforest1 said:

Jingthing I dont know why you have such a hard-on for Conrona and baht buses....Do we really need more threads on the subject?

Even if  someone believes in Corona just the way its presented in the press , the baht buses are open air and not a threat to anyone.....

And just to fill you in there are hardly enough riders left in Pattaya to even have 5 people riding at once any more....Many many people depend on the baht buses 100% me included....

If you think riding a baht bus makes you immune, enjoy the ride

6 minutes ago, Almer said:

If you think riding a baht bus makes you immune, enjoy the ride

Sir I have survived having the flu many many times already and no doubt I would survive it again....

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

The baht bus to jomtien,is same as usual...they wont depart pattaya sth until at least 14 people are crammed in..lucky im not reliant on that baht bus...very scary.

As I said start walking along South Pattaya past the fill up point and you'll be able to hail many of the empty ones heading up the hill to Jomtien desperate for customers. Its really not that difficult. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, murraynz said:

That pretty much says it all! 

That means this new rule announced in the article is not being enforced at all! 

Very unfortunate.

Not very surprising though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

As I said start walking along South Pattaya past the fill up point and you'll be able to hail many of the empty ones heading up the hill to Jomtien desperate for customers. Its really not that difficult. 

Im aware of that...i seldom use that route.im just commenting on what i have actually seen,recently...

On 4/6/2020 at 3:34 AM, Jingthing said:

Is there are signage on the buses (and or those X marks on the seats as in the article) to inform people of the new policy?

Glad to hear your not participating in the corona baht bus effect. Besides the big shopping centers got to be the places most likely to have people on the trucks that may have been infected.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:38 AM, fforest1 said:

Sir I have survived having the flu many many times already and no doubt I would survive it again....

Fforest Not the Flu & not even remotely close to it. Even I haven't had the flu or a cold for 27 years can catch it & God help you if you are overweight or have diabetes or other complications you may not come out of this easily. I have 2 dead friends in the U.S. now both thought they were impervious to COVID. Up to you though. Everyone wishes that people will use their brain &

Use

common sense & at least do not become a calloused carrier. No one cares for this one trust me.

Is everyone riding on the buses at least wearing masks? Of course masks are not a replacement for distancing but crowded buses plus no masks is really bad.

I'm sorry that this new policy turns out to be a PR gambit rather than real. Another case of make believe theater pervasive in this culture. 

I suppose the only realistic way this could have worked would be something like this - - 

Either double the fares or have the government compensate the drivers for carrying fewer people 

Obvious large signage including marking the allowed seats as pictured in the link

Heavy handed very visible and real enforcement. 

Fines to the drivers

Fines to the passengers for not shooing off over capacity riders before they board. Radical? You betcha. But it would surely get riders attention! 

Banning drivers for multiple violations

Do all thst and it would happen. 

Otherwise nothing changed. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is everyone riding on the buses at least wearing masks? Of course masks are not a replacement for distancing but crowded buses plus no masks is really bad.

Anyone out and about from tomorrow has to wear a mask. 

23 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

We could just relax and not make a big deal out of nothing and be happy if nothing changes because things are just fine how they are......

I guess you're in denial about the NEED for physical distancing. Change is hard, huh?

BTW, based on the reports here I will continue to avoid the buses starting for at least a month or so and then like everyone see what's going on. It does mean going without some things I'm used to and paying more for some other things. I don't think Pattaya is really going to START to open up  until June at the earliest. They might try earlier but that doesn't seem prudent. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

BTW, based on the reports here I will continue to avoid the buses starting for at least a month or so and then like everyone see what's going on. It does mean going without some things I'm used to and paying more for some other things. I don't think Pattaya is really going to START to open up  until June at the earliest. They might try earlier but that doesn't seem prudent. 

I'm sure the baht buses will be devastated by your decision to avoid them for a month.

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm sure the baht buses will be devastated by your decision to avoid them for a month.

I'm sure I don't care.

I am curious as to WHY they even stage PR stunts as in the article? What purpose does that serve if there is ZERO followup and enforcement?

54 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Change is not hard if you have no plans to change...

So you're a self confessed SHIRKER then in the global effort to combat the rapid spread of this virus. Thank you for clearing that up. Our actions in this can kill others and others actions in this can kill us, but some people obviously DO NOT CARE.

https://news.yahoo.com/bus-driver-posted-video-coughing-150900003.html

Edited by Jingthing