Visa implications of a 24 hour curfew

2 minutes ago, BahnTH said:

How do 24 hour curfews work anyway? People have to leave their house to get food and water. Or are they planning on dropping off supplies to everyone?

i am not sure.  that is why i have a months worth of everything at my house.

it maybe that only grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals and banks are open.

all other businesses are closed and you must be going to get food and nothing else. 

the hours may not be reduced. or maybe only while the sun is up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BahnTH said:

How do 24 hour curfews work anyway? People have to leave their house to get food and water. Or are they planning on dropping off supplies to everyone?

In Thailand, a 24-hour curfew would not be practicable anywhere. However, in Wuhan in China, it was imposed on the population for over two months. It required highly efficient organisation that ensured daily deliveries of necessary supplies to every building in the city. There were designated delivery drivers from each warehouse, and those warehouses were supplied from outside. In the event of a medical emergency, specially equipped ambulances were sent to collect people. Even in China, imposing something like that nationwide would have been virtually impossible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BahnTH said:

Delivery services exempt from the curfew is a possibility. 

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Delivery services exempt from the curfew is a possibility. 

The logistics are not in place for a full 24 hr lockdown.

Like I said many times already,a large chunk of the population has no money for stockpiling

Feeding programs for the poor will take a lot of time and effort to set up.

Plus those poor will have to travel to those feeding places somehow

Yadda..yadda

Not gonna happen

If it does happen (TIT), prepare for the 'day of the machete'

Edited by Vigilante
  • Like 1

I believe they would let one person per household leave once a day for supplies.

But, another thread talked about having government handing out or supplying food.

Not sure if that could work unless they took over the Makros, etc. and managed the distribution.

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

In Thailand, a 24-hour curfew would not be practicable anywhere. However, in Wuhan in China, it was imposed on the population for over two months. It required highly efficient organisation that ensured daily deliveries of necessary supplies to every building in the city. There were designated delivery drivers from each warehouse, and those warehouses were supplied from outside. In the event of a medical emergency, specially equipped ambulances were sent to collect people. Even in China, imposing something like that nationwide would have been virtually impossible.

Need some organisation. Our village now no deliveries pass road block. Lazada drivers call us we have to go to control gate pick up delivery.

So now we there with about 10 people instead of 1 driver.

I going order a 100 small things I buy at shop usually that keep them busy. Lol

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Don't even think about it, is just absolute nonsense. Imagine seeing everyone shopping in the same few hour time window? Nope. 

Statistics are not really making the situation worse in Thailand either and the entire world is already standing still.

Anyway, either we would get exempted or forced on overstay. 

If we use the Chinese model as an example, it would work like this. 1 person from each household must register online to be the one that goes out to do the shopping every second day. As for the visa stuff, the answer is obvious. 

1 hour ago, jimmjam said:

In china they let one person per household go out and buy essentials, i think once a week.

In most areas where they imposed severe restrictions, that was the model they used. However, in Wuhan and some other parts of Hubei province, they had a full, strict 24-hour curfew. Everything you wanted had to be ordered online, and was delivered to your building. You were not even allowed out of your building under any normal circumstances for about two months.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

In most areas where they imposed severe restrictions, that was the model they used. However, in Wuhan and some other parts of Hubei province, they had a full, strict 24-hour curfew. Everything you wanted had to be ordered online, and was delivered to your building. You were not even allowed out of your building under any normal circumstances for about two months.

That would never work here, people wouldnt follow that command, and i doubt the police would enforce it constantly.

There would have to be police and military everywhere.

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i am not sure.  that is why i have a months worth of everything at my house.

it maybe that only grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals and banks are open.

all other businesses are closed and you must be going to get food and nothing else. 

the hours may not be reduced. or maybe only while the sun is up.

That's why if I need to go out, and like you NCC I am well stocked up, I will still go stealthily.  However, I have made additional on-line orders.  The second wine refrigerator was delivered today, and my wine connection order to fill it will be by this evening. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

If/when 24 hours curfew is imposed, it would also mean no government services and this will be your alibi. Else, just call or email to ask them directly.

and you will be lucky to get an answer.

15 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Rumblings of a possible 24 hour curfew. What would this mean as far as visa extensions go? Online applications? Blanket extensions? 

All those daft rumours are just that.  They're been denied, why promulgate a myth and a very unlikely one at that?  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BahnTH said:

Dropping of supplies to 69 million people? Good luck with that.

There won't be any 24 hour lockdown. For what reason? A ridiculously low number of infected? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Dropping of supplies to 69 million people? Good luck with that.

There won't be any 24 hour lockdown. For what reason? A ridiculously low number of infected? 

Very true. Any law etc needs to be able to be enforced. Think BritTim used Wuhan as example. They were able to lockdown for 2 months. Super efficient food delivery etc.

What you would expect from country as efficient as China. 

Thailand could not lockdown bkk. Not remotely possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

All those daft rumours are just that.  They're been denied, why promulgate a myth and a very unlikely one at that?  

Discussed and under consideration, not denied.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

I already sent the Mayor of Pattaya a request for three Australian Black Angus fillet steaks and a magnum of Dom Perignon. No reply yet, he's probably just checking that the champagne is a good vintage...

Oh please. Black Angus is a Maccas construct for overpriced hamburgers, and Dom Perignon is nowhere near Moet Chandon. Shape up, or I will petition for removal from the gourmet register.

Gippsland eye fillet, King Island blue brie, and Booth's shiraz from the Warby ranges. That's the real stuff.