BANGKOK
skatewash

Closure orders for sub-districts: Karon, Kata, and Rawai

It looks like the lock-down that was applied to Patong in the past few days will be applied to more sub-districts of Phuket on Monday (6/4/2020). The sub-districts affected will be Rawai, Kata, and Karon.

From the Phuket New Era Expats group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewEraExpats/

UPDATE: It looks like the Phuket New Era Expats group is getting most of their news on the closures from the Newshawk Phuket group, so you might want to follow the news there (although almost everything is in Thai). A good use for Google Chrome's translate feature or the Translate app using your smart phone's camera:

https://www.facebook.com/NewshawkPhuket/

The pictures below are for the announcement pertaining to Rawai, but I believe the ones for Karon and Kata sub-districts are substantially the same.

The gist of the order appears to be the following:

"From tomorrow 6 April 2020 until further notice, Karon and Rawai Sub-districts are going to be locked down. Nobody will be allowed to get in or out, except essential logistics. The residents are asked to stay in the accommodation at all time. The authority will disinfect the whole sub-district and test everyone."

91846867_2509591969289416_7023246718464425984_o.jpg

92120313_2509592022622744_1294897936408248320_o.jpg

92828704_2509592055956074_5411513781979185152_o.jpg

92022377_2509592092622737_3379935117861453824_o.jpg

Well this is a bummer... I supposed to go from Kata to Rawai tomorrow to pick up some documents... Is this workable, or should I ask them to send it by post which could take a while... (it's only 10 minutes by motorbike)

Take a wad of 100 baht notes with you...you may need them...😊

• Haha 1

Leaving for work soon. Will update if I cannot enter Kata from Rawai.

• Like 1

Nothing to report coming from Chalong circle to Kata. Smooth as a baby's rear end.

• Like 1

so this is just a ban on moving between towns right? can still go to macro etc in my own town (rawai) ?

34 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

so this is just a ban on moving between towns right? can still go to macro etc in my own town (rawai) ?

Hope so

We just got a delivery not 5 minutes ago 10-15 am my wife asked the driver he said no road blocks anywhere at the moment

I keep hearing from my staff anywhere from 12 noon, 2pm and 3pm. We are trying to clarify.

5 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

They go to test everyone ? Say 40 000 people ? In one day or two ?

Not testing for the virus. They'll check temperature...

2 minutes ago, thaibutty said:

Not testing for the virus. They'll check temperature...

OK. That is testing...

Rode the bike to bypass and back to Kata and didn't see a single policeman or check point. 

I think they close after 8pm only. Day time is fine. 

• Like 2

I supposed to go from Kata to Rawai to get some documents... Rawai company just told me to stay at home and they will send the driver to bring the docs here... They said "we must send it today *because Kata & Karon will be closed from tomorrow*".

• Like 2