Closure orders for sub-districts: Karon, Kata, and Rawai

skatewash

17 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

To those in Karon, ( makro is in kata)  Rawaii, Nai Harn, and some others sub districts an are forced to remain in their sub districts.

where will they be able to shop>

Those of us in Kamala, Chern talay, Chalong, Kata, Phuket town, Patong have choices

Makro, Supercheap and the small Tesco Lotus before Makro are in Rawai. And nai harn is a part of Rawai no ? Do People from Chalong will beallowed in Supercheap ? Normally not because Rawai start south of Chalong Circle. Very confusing. 

52 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Makro, Supercheap and the small Tesco Lotus before Makro are in Rawai. And nai harn is a part of Rawai no ? Do People from Chalong will beallowed in Supercheap ? Normally not because Rawai start south of Chalong Circle. Very confusing. 

It all depends on where the checkpoints are staged.  Not exactly at the boundaryline.  You are free to move around during the day within the sub-district you are in.  Most sub-districts are big enough to have supermarkets, markets, etc for the residents to buy groceries.  The only concern is how regularly are the shelves replenished.

1 hour ago, Chalong circle said:

We have 2 Supercheaps in Rawai 3 if the one in Kokyang is finished

Edited by ChipButty

After talking with the people from local administration who stay at the check point in front of Lotus in Wiset road, il seems that from monday, road will be closed at Chalong Circle (as will be underpass). People living in Rawai can go to Supercheap, post office, Lotus, Makro in this area but not to villa market, other side of the circle. People from Chalong will not have access to these shops. Soi Suksan 1 will be closed at the junction with Patak road. Wait and see...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

To those in Karon, ( makro is in kata)  Rawaii, Nai Harn, and some others sub districts an are forced to remain in their sub districts.

where will they be able to shop>

Those of us in Kamala, Chern talay, Chalong, Kata, Phuket town, Patong have choices

I thought Kata belongs to Karon?

(Karon Municipal building is on Kata beach)

Didn't see any checkpoints between Kata and Karon yesterday... do they have them today? I hope not.

3 hours ago, JohnTJ said:

I can confirm that neither Tops nor Lazada deliveries are getting through to Karon at this time.

That's not good... Tops is mostly foods right? They should let goods and services move around (if they want regular folks to stay home).

20 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

That's strange, Day time traffic allowed into Kata/Karon tambon until 13th. 

Are you sure about that? From Rawai I can not go on the backroad to Kata, blocked off. I can reach Chalong without problems, but AFAIK the road between Kata and Chalong is blocked.

Does anybody know exact location of checkpoint/block between Kata and Chalong? Shop from Chalong plan to send worker there so we can that exchange goods and cash, they said they cannot get through... (I thought full blockade will not start until 13th, but they say it's already blocked)

7 hours ago, sallecc said:

Does anybody know exact location of checkpoint/block between Kata and Chalong? Shop from Chalong plan to send worker there so we can that exchange goods and cash, they said they cannot get through... (I thought full blockade will not start until 13th, but they say it's already blocked)

Top of Kata Hill. Well just a 200m below the top. 

Road was open 6th April, I have not been over since then but know Thais go work and back last few days,

32 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Road was open 6th April, I have not been over since then but know Thais go work and back last few days,

I tried going through to Villa Market on Wed 8 April afternoon, was asked to turn back.

12 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

I tried going through to Villa Market on Wed 8 April afternoon, was asked to turn back.

Was there today (checkpoint near 'Mom Tri Villas Grand Cru' on Google Maps), people not allowed in & out, only some trucks.

Several foreigners and locals on motorbikes stopped and told to go back.

I was allowed to walk through to meet my Chalong seller on the other side.

55 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

My wife says Thai working people can still come and go. But not after Monday 13th. After that they must sleep are where they work.

9 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Just went to Phuket town from Chalong Circle and back 30 minutes ago. Not a policeman in sight.

Went from Rawai to Villa market, no police.  However on the way back, police set up at the circle pulling over foreigners on bikes, letting Thais go through.  Last minute tea money.  Same thing happening up around Tesco/Makro, they were only looking for foreigners on motorbikes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

it starts MONDAY< why do you all keep stating what happened yesterday, today or tomorrow

MONDAY; the stay in ur sub district goes into effect!!

Wrong PR.    The lockdown for the sub districts in the thread title have been in effect for some days, albeit sporadically.   Yes, the 'all sub districts' starts Monday.

30 minutes ago, Chazar said:

yeah......HOW? exactly, the stupid head  scan  thing or a  real  test?

By all accounts I've read so far it's just the thermal scan for temperature combined with an inspection of apparent symptoms (coughing, for example).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

it starts MONDAY< why do you all keep stating what happened yesterday, today or tomorrow

MONDAY; the stay in ur sub district goes into effect!!

In fact, from Rawai you can go to Phuket town, via Chalong and Wichit,  but cannot go to Kata. Why ? I dont know. Monday you cannot go anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chalong circle said:

In fact, from Rawai you can go to Phuket town, via Chalong and Wichit,  but cannot go to Kata. Why ? I dont know. Monday you cannot go anywhere.

Because Kata-Karon and Patong are on lockdown, Rawai not yet.

• Like 1

From the first page of the thread :

The gist of the order appears to be the following:

"From tomorrow 6 April 2020 until further notice, Karon and Rawai Sub-districts are going to be locked down. Nobody will be allowed to get in or out, except essential logistics."