Closure orders for sub-districts: Karon, Kata, and Rawai

skatewash

7 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Wonder how they go to lockdown Patak Road from Chalong circle. The left side (7/11, Shell station) is in Rawai, the right side in Chalong. Same for the street who goes to Chalong Pier. No crossing of the street ?

I think they will simply 'upgrade' the present checkpoint in between Tesco and Makro, making your point moot. As for Patak, probably they'll stick to the present checkpoint on the hill to Kata as well. So I think that part of Rawai will be considered Chalong (I see those parts as Chalong anyway, although technically incorrect).

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Report in another thread from a visit in Kamala.

They just announced in Kathu via loudspeaker that they will start spraying tomorrow at 10:30.

Don't know if this is only for the streets or also the houses.

48 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Wonder how they go to lockdown Patak Road from Chalong circle. The left side (7/11, Shell station) is in Rawai, the right side in Chalong. Same for the street who goes to Chalong Pier. No crossing of the street ?

They don't have always the check points exactly on the districts boundaries.

Some of the Kathu check points are well inside the Kathu district as it was easier for them to create the check point on that place then the exact boundary i guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, merijn said:

They don't have always the check points exactly on the districts boundaries.

Some of the Kathu check points are well inside the Kathu district as it was easier for them to create the check point on that place then the exact boundary i guess.

Exactly.  Check points should be put where they logistically make sense, roughly corresponding to tambon boundaries because people have some familiarity with where those tambon boundaries are.  Putting checkpoints exactly on tambon boundaries would serve no purpose beyond pedantic precision.

33 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

Can anybody confirm 100% that access to Rawai post office is possible?

Thanks

I think you can from Chalong, not from Rawai.

Nobody will know for sure until tomorrow, and also then it would be helpful to know access from where.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think you can from Chalong, not from Rawai.

Nobody will know for sure until tomorrow, and also then it would be helpful to know access from where.

From what they tell me at the checkpoint two days ago, it is the other way round : Rawai Post office will be ok for people in Rawai, and people from Chalong will not have access. Same for Supercheap.

4 hours ago, Chalong circle said:

From what they tell me at the checkpoint two days ago, it is the other way round : Rawai Post office will be ok for people in Rawai, and people from Chalong will not have access. Same for Supercheap.

Could be, but I think they will stick to the present location in between Tesco and makro.

In Chalong road ring there was a patrol and stopped me. They questioned the rental motorbike I was driving and asked if I had a contract. I said yes the contract is in my condo. They asked when I rented it. I said few weeks ago. He said before date XX ? I did not even hear and said yes. He did not check further and let me go.

Then in Chalong next to Makro there is the boundary control. They seemed to be stopping all vehicles so I parked just before the control (next to Tesco) and walked through it. If walking they won't stop you so I went to Makro, and back to my motorbike walking. No issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tarukhtah said:

In Chalong road ring there was a patrol and stopped me. They questioned the rental motorbike I was driving and asked if I had a contract. I said yes the contract is in my condo. They asked when I rented it. I said few weeks ago. He said before date XX ? I did not even hear and said yes. He did not check further and let me go.

Then in Chalong next to Makro there is the boundary control. They seemed to be stopping all vehicles so I parked just before the control (next to Tesco) and walked through it. If walking they won't stop you so I went to Makro, and back to my motorbike walking. No issue.

Where is the Makro in Chalong ? Is not it the one in Rawai you are talking about ? This morning the two road blocks were in Chalong Circle, on the roads going to Home pro on one side, and to Police Station on the other side. The underpass was closed.

Edited by Chalong circle
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

Where is the Makro in Chalong ? Is not it the one in Rawai you are talking about ? This morning the two road blocks were in Chalong Circle, on the roads going to Home pro on one side, and to Police Station on the other side. The underpass was closed.

Come on, it is perfectly clear which Makro and Tesco he means.

But I do get the impression he was talking about yesterday, Sunday, not today.

8 minutes ago, Chalong circle said:

OK. here we go. People from Rawai can go to Chalong circle, therefore to Supercheap and Post Office. People from Chalong can go to wiset road and reach Supercheap, Post office and Tesco Lotus but have to stop there and can walk to Makro. To come back to Chalong they must show that they live in Chalong at the road block, located at the circle. On the way back from Chalong Circle, people from Rawai will be stopped in front of Lotus ad must show some kind of adress in Rawai. That is for today. The street to Chalong Pier is not closed nor is the road to go to Shell Station.

You know your neighborhood!  Thanks for the detailed info, it's helpful.

• Like 1

For those living in Chalong, there's a checkpoint just north of the PEA on ChaoFa west, the guys told me people could pass through heading towards Central but wouldn't be allowed back in, this was at about 1830 this evening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Come on, it is perfectly clear which Makro and Tesco he means.

But I do get the impression he was talking about yesterday, Sunday, not today.

Reading cc'd post, I realise this was most likely today.

Also just heard from a friend that works at the Super Cheap (left side heading to Rawai, just south of the circle), his rooms near the Chalong Tesco on ChaoFa west, Super Cheap has rented out rooms for all their workers living north of the circle as Wiset rd is shut off to Chalong traffic.

Edited by beechbum

The Lady, on her mc, was stopped at the circle and asked where she was going. When stated she was going down to the pier was told OK, but cant go down Viset.

At the pier was told Immigration were not working there today. No surprises there.