Thai Military battling to regain public trust after grave missteps

webfact

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

What's  the  difference between the army and govt anyway, the "Welcome Chinese" with  open arms, the army underlings beatings/deaths the army always  have been in charge, would be great if  this is the straw that finally  kicked the apathetic  Thais  into action.

Sorry that not going to happen. Sheep.

• Like 1

"One of the reasons behind Covid-19 spreading like wild fire in the country,"......I believe that adding ~100 cases daily wouldn't actually mean "spreading like wildfire"....

The military has made a mess of everything so far....we have to wonder just how bad the bungling really has been!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Military battling to regain public trust after grave missteps

It is good to write it; it would be better to put it into practice ..
What is weird is that in real democracies, the people generally have a very good opinion of their army ...

Why is it the opposite in Thailand? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

One of the reasons behind Covid-19 spreading like wild fire in the country, damaging public health, the economy, the social structure and livelihoods of numerous people, was a boxing competition organised by a high-ranking Army officer.

One of very many reasons, and then of course we do not need to point out all the other errors, if we did, the fingers on our hands would be bloody and raw from typing.....but then I may be totally wrong in my view, and maybe just maybe I know nothing about anything......just saying.....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Farmerkev said:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first you tell a lie

True, a lie to cover a lie to cover up another lie... trust is something you earn and are not given.

This government is covering up the truth, low infection rate and low death count... doesn't add up when you look around and see what other countries are saying or having to deal with.

Testing in Thailand is minimal so numbers will reflect that, people have been told to self isolate at home... well we all know how that works out, family, friends & neighbours will all get infected, then spread to co-workers etc etc..

All these measures of field hospitals etc etc are out of sync with the numbers that are being reported.

Prayut & Co know the real problems are yet to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Well at least they are thinking ahead.....they know they are going to

have a rescue vessel following the Subs about ????

regards Worgeordie

Please remove the word "have" replace with the word "need"!

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

It is good to write it; it would be better to put it into practice ..
What is weird is that in real democracies, the people generally have a very good opinion of their army ...

Why is it the opposite in Thailand? 

Because the only "battling" the Thai military is really good at is the "battling" against democracy and its own people?

So... do I get 100 points for that answer or what?

• Haha 1