Thai Military battling to regain public trust after grave missteps

webfact

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Prices and quality of life has not improved for millions of Thais.  In the past, they may not have had much money but they could still live and somewhat do a village type life even in the bigger cities like Korat, Pattaya, etc.  Now all the big malls, Terminals, etc.  That won't work for the lower economic class Thais.  Sure some will get janitor or housekeeper jobs in those places, but that won't pay for much.   Just not as quiet a place as it was.  Damn I wish I had gone in the 90s.  I just had no idea and was financially stupid for a handful of years.

Agreed.  Indeed the 90s and early 2000s were golden years.  The population was a lot younger and more dynamic then too.  Now the demographic bubble bulges around 45 to 55 and the country seems tired after the coups, pollution apocalypses, various tourist hoards.     

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

and the country seems tired after the coups, pollution apocalypses, various tourist hoards.     

Don't forget the mass unemployment.

....... and coming soon the mass repossessions.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Walter Travolta said:

Yeah I get the impression the natives prefer the military out of the picture but in the years I have been coming here (less than 10) even I have noticed a decline in quite a few things, service and smiles being examples, add to that the exchange rates (not a Thai fault) and the way farangs are disliked (a Thai fault). Even 7eleven staff used to be polite and smile, now they are like the pakistani shop keeper in the UK who lobs your change in your hand cos he doesnt want to make contact! I wouldnt mind, Im the one who uses toilet paper!!! STRONG toilet paper I should add ????

I guess it depends on where you live where I am I really haven't had many problems 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1