BANGKOK
webfact

Governors put on alert for tougher measures to contain Covid-19

If the numbers presented to us are actually true, then thailand can be really satisfied and a 24 hour curfew would absolutely not be neccessary. A look at Europe or America shows that the infection rates and the number of deaths per hundred thousand inhabitants is incomparably higher than here in Thailand. In addition, the pandemic in south east asian countries has been managed very well to this day.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Which death count?The real one or the made up one?100 positive tests should yield 1 death approx. which seems to be about right.If someone is not tested for covid19 and they die of covid19 then they will not be counted as a covid19 death.

I can support that statement here, however, not in most of the rest of the world, a sudden death in the UK for example would be investigated and a cause of death ascertained, had that person been displaying signs of covid-19 and healthy prior, then it would be attributed to.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

It’s the only option the PM has,too many people still showing total disrespect for the current laws. I see normal housing extensions going on,I see bubble tea shops open,small none essential businesses still open

In my market town west from Bangkok you'd think life was normal during the day, market areas covered or street affairs all operating as normal.

No social distancing, just the usual free-for-all.

Shops appear open as normal apart from the designated ones, all doing business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wimpy said:

How do you know this? A good friend is a logistics officer in the Thai Marines. She told us yesterday that we should prepare for a total 24 hour lockdown. Stock up on food, drinking water, etc.

This was told to us yesterday direct from Thai authorities too. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Will the soldiers "shoot to kill" anyone not wearing a face-mask??????

Maybe only the dirty farangs?

Aren't they the ones not wearing masks.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, today is Chakri Day with government employees getting a PAID holiday while businesses forced to close by that same government suffer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

It’s the only option the PM has,too many people still showing total disrespect for the current laws. I see normal housing extensions going on,I see bubble tea shops open,small none essential businesses still open. They can’t contain the spread if people are just going about business as usual. I needed to go to a pharmacy the other day and was shocked at how many people are out and about,how many businesses still open I thought would be closed.

its going to be tough,but once again people have brought it upon themselves. Here in CM they already have prepared the emergency hospital at the convention center,so now it’s just getting the final plan in place with the army. Checkpoints,patrols,places to hold those caught breaking the curfew,working out how to allow people to get necessities.

I think it will be here within the next week or two.

Completing work myself (extensions) - construction is allowed to continue, even in a full lockdown.

The whole point of controlling an epidemic is to put strict measures in place BEFORE it gets out of control. 100 new cases per day down to zero is the goal. Suck it up and get with the program.

• Thanks 2

A s usual the G always knows more than I do and never really says where she is getting it. Her family is in Chiang Rai  and in the middle of some land office proceedings, yadda yadda yadda. Her and her sister are saying the roads between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai will be closed as of the 8th, for two weeks.  Is that a 24 hour curfew or just isolating provinces.

the_andromeda_strain_59-1024x576.png