Don Mueang set to seek bidders for renovating passenger terminal

webfact

Don Mueang set to seek bidders for renovating passenger terminal

By THE NATION

DM.jpg.64eae33b7285673189cef89efcdd4eba.jpg

File photo

Don Mueang International Airport is expected to call bids for three contracts related to the renovation of its international passenger terminal this month, the airport’s director Flying Officer Sumpun Kutranon said recently.

Of the Bt126 million earmarked for the project, Bt99 million will be spent on a new, improved air-conditioning system, Bt18 million on new carpets and the remaining Bt9 million for replacing the lighting system.

He added that the airport expects to call for bids this month and the renovation should begin in July, with the aim of completing the project by the end of the year.

Sumpun added that this was a good time to renovate the airport as there is a significant drop in passenger numbers due to the Covid-19 outbreak.

However, he voiced concerns about bid winners experiencing a shortage of workers and materials during this period.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/business/30385363

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-06

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What is it with this airport that every couple of years or so this DM get renovated whether it's need it or not, looks like a candy job given or awarded to certain people, i remember when billions were invested in renovations just before it was dumped closed down and forgotten for several years and than reopened after yes, more renovation, rand gani couple of years ago yet more renovation and now again yes you guest it, renovations... 

The reason this is happening, is because, its a nice little earner for somebody high up.????

• Like 1

I guess it is looking a bit old and dilapidated, however I would put it off for a couple of years following this world wide recession ....  they won't be seeing any significant tourist numbers for at least 3 years I expect.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

What is it with this airport that every couple of years or so this DM get renovated whether it's need it or not

Serious? Was this renovated recently? I can't believe it, it such a dump that it looks like nothing has been done for decades.

Especially the (now closed) smoking holes were absolutely appalling. But also outside smokers are treated like unwanted insects.

I'm glad i don't have to go there anymore for a visarun...

Why not spend money on re-opening the old domestic terminal instead. Maybe use it only for those going to/from China. The present terminal still looks new and clean to me. The artist impression at the top of the post is a good representation, so I have no idea what post #7 above has seen.. He's probably just <deleted> off that he can't smoke there anymore.