French tourists arrested for hookah party in Kamala

webfact

10 hours ago, donnacha said:

I'm always surprised by how many crimes in Thailand these days involve French people. When you hear about a guy beating up a ladyboy, or stealing from a shop, or getting into fights, it is very often a Frenchman.  

I remember traveling in France as a young teenager and they always seemed so cultured, so sophisticated.

It is mystifying that such a dignified people, with such a glorious history, seem to have descended into barbarism.

As said above, they have French nationality , just nationality 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donnacha said:

I'm always surprised by how many crimes in Thailand these days involve French people. When you hear about a guy beating up a ladyboy, or stealing from a shop, or getting into fights, it is very often a Frenchman.  

I remember traveling in France as a young teenager and they always seemed so cultured, so sophisticated.

It is mystifying that such a dignified people, with such a glorious history, seem to have descended into barbarism.

Dumbest post ever

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I don't know how old you are;
I think you saw a France that no longer exists;
the one I knew 60 years ago ....

Late 80's, early 90's, mostly on the Riviera, I was a wide-eyed teenager. It was special to me.

Subsequent visits have been very disheartening, especially Paris.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Glorious history - would that be fighting all over Europe for varying reasons at different times or imposing dictatorial colonial regimes like other "first world nations" did/do?

Every country's history is complicated. The Roman Empire had many shameful aspects, but few would deny the glory of their high points. Likewise, France added something unique and wonderful to the world.

It strikes me that the people who get so caught up with modern re-interpretations of the colonial period are blind to all the good that was done. Again, terrible things happened, but wonderful things happened too. Of course, the modern Twitter mob lacks the attention span necessary to appreciate masterpieces, symphonies, and architectural wonders.

7 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Glorious history,did'n't help em much at Agincourt,Cressy,or Waterloo did it,they may be good lovers but fighters,no sir,not when confronted by a stout yoeman,or indeed an ss panzer division.

Yes but, on the other hand, in general the French have excellent spelling and grammar ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anotify said:

doesn't sound French to me.. 

" refugees " maybe. 

Perhaps third generation also. Love the complaints that farang are discriminated against, but give them chance to question other nationality or heritage and out come the pitchforks 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

In my view, the problem with all these discussions comes from easy generalizations.

Sometimes, however, a moment in time can encompass an entire nation.

I remember such a moment walking up Oxford Street in 1995 and being amazed to see Blur, then at the height of their "Britpop" success, playing high up on the roof of a record store. I felt that I was in exactly the right place at the right time.

Likewise, for me, there were things about France during my time there that had a completely unique and wonderful feeling. That feeling seems to have disappeared in recent decades, to be replaced by something far more ignorant and aggressive.

It is sad that they managed to screw up something so essentially good. These days, almost no one I know talks about wanting to live in Paris, whereas that was a desire you often heard expressed in the past.

33 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

But the evening at Stansted or Heathrow was so depressing, the surrounding suburbs were so ugly that I abandoned this idea.

Oh, they just use those suburbs as a place to store baggage handlers. You should have caught a train into the city ????

Edited by donnacha

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps third generation also. Love the complaints that farang are discriminated against, but give them chance to question other nationality or heritage and out come the pitchforks 

You think 'farang' is a nationality?

Talked to a friend. His Russian girlfriend said that one of them, the one with the short bleached hair , spat at her while driving his scooter. As I understand, she reported them. I suspect she was not alone, many people have complained.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Abao Hakin, 28 ; Hrarat Sani, 31 ; Hassane Nordine, 36 ; Janeledokme Elidrissi, 27 ; et Elhedli Mehdi, 31 ;  Roune Yasmino, 20,  Zied Larbita, 26 .

French tourists ???? LOL LOL LOL
French nationality, for convenience, would be much fairer.
This allows France to increase the number of individuals on its territory to the detriment of the French of origin.
  COCK-A-DOODLE DOO

• Like 1

17 hours ago, donnacha said:

Late 80's, early 90's, mostly on the Riviera, I was a wide-eyed teenager. It was special to me.

Subsequent visits have been very disheartening, especially Paris.

Every country's history is complicated. The Roman Empire had many shameful aspects, but few would deny the glory of their high points. Likewise, France added something unique and wonderful to the world.

It strikes me that the people who get so caught up with modern re-interpretations of the colonial period are blind to all the good that was done. Again, terrible things happened, but wonderful things happened too. Of course, the modern Twitter mob lacks the attention span necessary to appreciate masterpieces, symphonies, and architectural wonders.

Yes but, on the other hand, in general the French have excellent spelling and grammar ????

Didn't help either,unless they were writing we surrender.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You think 'farang' is a nationality?

No a vocal but small collective of mainly males who feel it may be acceptable to express discriminatory expressions, and get them validated often by there peers 

Edited by RJRS1301

19 hours ago, saakura said:

And we feel angry and sad when the Thais call us farangs even after we have been here for decades.

nope, I don't feel angry... I'm a farang all right.

I will still be a farang after I maybe acquire a Thai passport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well you're the one using racist labels.

No I mentioned no race at all. generist perhaps. but no race mentioned

Unless  you think farang is a race

On 4/6/2020 at 7:29 AM, cedel said:

Yes haha real "French" names, lol, all immigrants or from immigrant parents from Algeria and Morroco... 

i.e. pied noir, unwanted in France, unwanted here.

• Confused 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, sirocco said:

Abao Hakin, 28 ; Hrarat Sani, 31 ; Hassane Nordine, 36 ; Janeledokme Elidrissi, 27 ; et Elhedli Mehdi, 31 ;  Roune Yasmino, 20,  Zied Larbita, 26 .

French tourists ???? LOL LOL LOL
French nationality, for convenience, would be much fairer.
This allows France to increase the number of individuals on its territory to the detriment of the French of origin.
  COCK-A-DOODLE DOO

So what tests do you have to pass,eat cheese,and shout 'we surrender'?