She never ran from the Nazis in fact she joined the army as a mechanic

She's German (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha)

Edited by CGW
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Very much like Churchill.

10 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Very much like Churchill.

Who, the script writer of her speech?we,'ll meet again, doubt it if you,'re over 65 and they're running short of ventilators.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Who, the script writer of her speech?we,'ll meet again, doubt it if you,'re over 65 and they're running short of ventilators.

That said , people in high places , have the rite contacts .

Charlie and Boris , with their school boy  snobs and runny nose , are well cared for .

Thx UK , taxpayers . 

Edited by elliss
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Nice words re the NHS etc, but please don’t pretend you have any idea what it’s like for the people who are struggling financially and with families cramped up in tiny homes, no gardens and told not to go out. Queen of UK. What exactly have you done in your life, Pal?

That's right - have yourself a nasty little sneer at Queen Elisabeth. Who gives a toss at your nasty little snide remark.

Where were you during the Blitz. 
Google what she and her husband bring to the IK in terms of wealth, tourism and interest in the monarchy.

But no. Just your very demeaning little <deleted> remark!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, samsensam said:

and that is the great thing about her majesty and the uk, people are free to hold and express whatever opinion they want. the fact that some people use this freedom to show how small minded, ill informed and bitter they are is entirely up to them.

i'm no royalist but the queen is someone who has devoted her life to her subjects and i admire and respect her for that.

As you say, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion as I am mine. 

Some will be seen as “small minded and ill informed” and some of “her subjects” (55555 say no more) will see it different. 

Long may it remain. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tug said:

What a brave and resolute woman bless you so much history she has witnessed in her reign and now the grand lady rises again such strength blessings to you and your country 

Welcome to the,, new  Virus  World ..

Keep Charlie indoors , continue the royal blood line ..

Edited by elliss

6 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

I am jealous, as an American I am starved for true leadership and inspiration. The Queen elegantly delivered a message people need to hear.

When I am "starving", I take action. In this case, I will vote by absentee ballot.

Great speech, but unfortunately a huge chunk of the UK population has no alliance to the Queen or the country in fact many don't even speak English, live in their own isolated communities, would not fight for the country, sponge of the NHS and many never ever work

Before anyone says it, "a bit like expats in Thailand" barring some bit????

• Confused 1