US firm denies masks for Germany seized in Bangkok

webfact

One and one solution only: EU, start production A.S.A.P. in your own backyard. 

When the Germans in 1944-45 could build a factory for jet planes ( ME-262) with a capacity of 900 per month, why still after one month - in peace time- not enough capacity is build up to produce a 50-200 million of these caps a week ?  Then also there would be enough for everyone to wear such a mask, even when it reduces the chance of infection by just 5% ( and probably 25 %) . Seen the economic costs now... even a price of € 1 per mask is acceptable.

It is quite simple to work out. What was on the original shipping documentation that left 3M factory with the goods stating the destination of the goods. I know it is easy to destroy the original documents and make new documents but to do that it would also mean the the copies of the original documents would have to be destroyed at the 3M factory and copies of the new documents would have to be at the 3M factory. The truth will come out because there are too many people involved. The workers at 3M, the loaders, the office staff, like I said the truth will come out at some stage

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

3M told Germany’s dpa news agency that it had no reports of masks being seized, nor any paperwork on such a shipment destined for Berlin.

That supports the theory that the Germans bought them from a 3M supplier behind 3M's back, hence no records.   But, then who would have been able to swipe them in Bangkok? ....

Where are the masks?  

• Like 1

In Brazil, the health minister this week said some of the country’s purchases from China fell through after the United States started transporting planeloads of equipment from China.

“The United States has ordered 23 huge airplanes to China to bring back the materials that they’d acquired,” Brazilian health minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta told reporters. “Our purchases — which we expected would bolster supplies — many fell through.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/03/white-house-scrambles-scoop-up-medical-supplies-angering-canada-germany/

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I wouldn't trust the German reporting either. An earlier shipment for Berlin got lost in Kenya!!! en route from China to Germany. How much sense does this make?

Lol, yes, I'm sure a private businessman has just chartered 23 huge planes to China and loaded up all the masks the Brazilians have bought.

Couldn't possible be the US government. Oh it's completely false...Lyiiiiiiing Howwwwwunnnndssss!

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 1

Are you for real?

This is not just Germany. France too is saying it. Brazil's health minister just told the world the US sent 23 huge planes to China to steal their supplies.

You will seriously persist in this pretense, like the US embassy in France, that it is "completely false"?

Lol. Who else could send 23 huge planes to China, except for the US government? This is a government operation! Dressed up in the guise of "American businessmen".

What a ludicrous charade.

Just be honest, Americans. You're stealing masks for yourselves, and you don't care if people have to die elsewhere.

Edited by Logosone
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile the US embassy in Berlin has issued a statement, wait for it:

"The USA are working with their partners and allies in solidarity to provide humanitarian help for countries in need and to take all possible measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus"

Hahahahahahahaha, lying US embassy in Berlin, lying embassy in France.....I wonder what the US embassy in Brazil is saying...

Mask-snatching Blackbeards.

• Confused 2

53 minutes ago, rabas said:

The other part of the story that Bezos may not tell you or maybe its just more recent.

Leading US manufacturers of medical safety gear told the White House that China prohibited them from exporting their products from the country as the coronavirus pandemic mounted — even as Beijing was trying to “corner the world market” in personal protective equipment,

Please note that all countries including Germany have laws concerning corporate production during  emergencies. China is the one trying to manipulate outcomes in a world reeling from the crisis they caused.

Oh I read that, I hope the Chinese confiscated 2 million masks from the 3M production lines.

Though I gather 3M has capitulated and is selling all its Chinese production to China now.

Spineless company, from a spineless thieving pirate nation of contract welchers and mask snatchers.

Underhand, lying US embassy in Germany, lying US embassy in France, pretending the US government had nothing to do with any of this, lol. What a charade. What liars.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, a340bangla1 said:

Well, the German press was reporting yesterday that the rerouting to the US in Bangkok was done by the German trading company with which the government of Berlin (city) had placed the order. Link in German https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/USA-haben-Schutzmasken-doch-nicht-abgefangen-article21693615.html

It seems neither 3M nor the tRump White House had anything to do with this.

But some member of the SPD has egg on his face.

So once again, America- and Trump-haters jumped the gun and published fake news. The sad part is, many of the American America- and Trump-haters will ignore this and simply dig their heels in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Proboscis said:

But if someone has ordered something at an agreed price, then a third party butting in means that there has been a breach of contract between the supplier and the party ordering the product at the agreed price. There should be a legal remedy against 3M unless of course if the Americans stole the product - then the personnel should be arrest for theft in Thailand.

"if"... precisely.

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Well, hang on a minute.

Do you seriously believe all across the world American businessmen were privately buying up all face masks out of a sense of patriotic duty? This happened to France as well. Just at about the same time that Mr Trump, coincidentally, issues a directive that 3M is not to sell its products to foreign countries like Canada and those in Latin America?

This is all a mighty coincidence, I have to say.

But hey, of course if the White house deny it, and if 3M deny it, it can't possibly be true.

Maybe it was David Copperfielfd who just happened to be in Bangkok and made the masks disappear. 3M said so.

Do you seriously believe all across the world American businessmen were privately buying up all face masks out of a sense of patriotic duty?

Good question. I can tell it's good because when I change one simple word, it still works.

Do you seriously believe all across the world German (or plug in other nationality) businessmen were privately buying up all face masks out of a sense of patriotic duty?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

So once again, America- and Trump-haters jumped the gun and published fake news. The sad part is, many of the American America- and Trump-haters will ignore this and simply dig their heels in.

Noooooooooo, this is just a stupid naive German newspaper taking the US embassy's word for it. It never happened. Really?

It's just French, German and Brazilian ministers making this stuff up?

Come on...

• Haha 2