BANGKOK
bbi1

Embassy Letter when your Embassy WON'T give it to you!! How to extend???

The Aussie Embassy has basically said "<deleted> you" to people on SETV/METV and visa exempt by stating on their website they WILL NOT be issuing these letters to people who are not on "long stay" visas. I believe tourist visas are not classified as "long stay" visas, am I correct? If this is the case, and immigration isn't going to extend for anyone who doesn't have this letter, how in the hell are we able to extend our stay here???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

So they are giving letters for retirement extensions?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If they will not budge I suggest you to contact their bosses in Australia. Not much you can do here it seems.

There is some new info filtering out that if you have applied for a 30 day extension after March 26th your extension will be automatically be done again for 30 days.

Only for people who applied for 30 day extensions after 26th March? I applied probably a week before that date, but my extension is valid until the first week of May. So it looks like I'm stuffed either way at this point of time.

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

You use normal procedures for retirement/marriage/work normal extensions but appears they would provide a letter asking extension if you were planning to leave but no flights for those on such extensions.

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So it looks like I'm stuffed either way at this point of time.

Not sure that the March 26 date is fixed yet. I think it will probably be anybody that is already on a 30 day extension.

Just wait for the final decision comes out since you have time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully you will be ok. The point is if not your "stuffed" because the Australian Embassy has done NOTHING to help it's citizens. Oz embassy is a wasted space.

aus embassy i am allright jack and stuff all other aussie

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madmen said:

I'm hoping they're not required but nothing would surprise 🙄

The Canadian Embassy finally budged and they were holding out for the longest time. It will happen soon. Don’t worry 

Posted (edited)

I would write a stiff, but polite email to the mob in Canberra asking for some leniency with regards to the embassy here.

Edited by Cuchulainn
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

I would write a stiff, but polite email to the mob in Canberra asking for some leniency with regards to the embassy here.

I,m thinking not too many Oz expats on here have either bothered to register with ,or contact their Embassy to query their own circumstance.Too busy I guess!