Bt5,000 cash handouts to commence on Wednesday

webfact

18 hours ago, JimGant said:

"To be eligible, candidates must be Thai nationals, aged over 18, be self-employed, freelance or non-permanent employees who are not insured under social security."

So, the wife is a freelance therapist (i.e., doesn't work for an employer along with several other therapists) and isn't insured under social security....?

This can get tricky, as in the States, when taxation rulings are constantly arbitrating between whether someone is an employee -- or an independent contractor. How would you classify bar girls who work for (or contract out of....) a single bar?

First of all we're not in the States.

Manuel Therapist are certified and only after passing all exams, registered with the health department (unlike bar girls) as freelancer they have their own tarifs, pay into the Social Security and pay their own health insurance.

Tour groups ,speed boat operators,then scooter taxi followed by  scooter rental, beach chair vendors etc etc ,every cival servant controlled and owned business will be first in line ..  ...if you are not connected ,you will get what is left over....crumbs

5 hours ago, bubblegum said:

as freelancer they have their own tarifs, pay into the Social Security

Ah, so she's insured under social security -- which per the quote on eligibility disqualifies her. Don't worry, they've set up portals for returning payments that were erroneous.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:04 AM, ChoakMyDee said:

It isn't important whether or not they help their citizens; what's important is the appearance

As anyone who's been asked to pose for photo ops knows all too well. Just look at us posing with some happy students, who barely listen or come to our classes. Watch us cleaning the park, putting a couple of scoops into a bag before calling it day. See us stand next to some fancy looking equipment, that barely works. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife and her sister got emails this morning that it was nearly there. Both were doing cleaning prior to the crisis. Both ran into issues with their last names, still from ex-husbands on their bank accts. Took divorce papers to the bank. Bank said name changes could only be done where the accts were opened in BKK. Well, now we're hiding out upcountry and obviously can't go back. Had to open new accts, 1000 baht deposits, half of which was taken for the ATM card and "insurance". <deleted>, mates. Told the program to go to the new accts, they got texts that it's coming tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

All 13 people of my Thai family and their friends,  all get sms Not Qualified.  

interesting

i know of 3 applicants living/working in different areas who've had no SMS since registering on 28/29th March

Edited by cyril sneer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JimGant said:

Ah, so she's insured under social security -- which per the quote on eligibility disqualifies her. Don't worry, they've set up portals for returning payments that were erroneous.

Sorry not social security' private pension an health insurance

Edited by bubblegum

They have narrowed it down to ,what seems to be a business a cival servant has a financial interest in. ie Tour groups , motorcycle taxi , speed boat operators , beach chair vendors the rest of the affected thais will suffer a ( corrupt ) lottery draw, with a few random individuals selected and dragged in for a thumbs up photo opp....

My wife has closed her restaurant down and I'm having to pay nearly 10,000b a month rent and bills.she tried to claim the hand out but got told to FO.

one thing the Thai government seem to be good at is promise the whole country free money then stuff them all.i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't cause riots.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:56 PM, offset said:

It is so difficult that 24.2 million people have done it

On 4/7/2020 at 3:56 AM, Trip Hop said:

As I previously said, only conveying what I am told so no need to be so sarcastic? Anyway, what’s your source? Wait don’t tell me, the government? ????????????

I don't think the comment is necessarily sarcastic. It can just be, "well? 24.2 million would be who?"

Population 70m. Over 18, employment conditions met (???). Sure there's a lot that are affected but 24.2 million that's 1/3 of population meeting those conditions. Let's add in few family pets and strays.

Auditing will be fun. Repayments funnier.

That said, not my concern. No country can pay for these bailouts but no alternative

On 4/9/2020 at 2:14 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Wife and her sister got emails this morning that it was nearly there. Both were doing cleaning prior to the crisis. Both ran into issues with their last names, still from ex-husbands on their bank accts. Took divorce papers to the bank. Bank said name changes could only be done where the accts were opened in BKK. Well, now we're hiding out upcountry and obviously can't go back. Had to open new accts, 1000 baht deposits, half of which was taken for the ATM card and "insurance". <deleted>, mates. Told the program to go to the new accts, they got texts that it's coming tomorrow.

This is the problem with Thais, they never bother with admin stuff ( name changes in this case )

It's the same with land deeds / where vehicles are registered at old address / old address's with banks, the list goes on and on, of course it's 'mai bpen ria' until the poo hits the fan then it's oh <deleted>....

On 4/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, rickudon said:

The problem with all these 'handouts' is the criteria and bureaucracy involved, so many fall through the cracks. You need a simple, non-criteria tested system to distribute money which people can rely upon.

This is a problem in Europe currently, with many half baked schemes which inevitably result in haves and have-nots. Spain has decided to implement a universal income scheme ASAP - because they realise that trying to tailor temporary schemes to cater for everyone is nearly impossible. Also the coming recession will mean that support will need to be ongoing for substantial numbers of people for some years. Hear's wishing them every success.

Here in the Republic of Ireland all those whose jobs have closed down for the Virus get 350 Euros a week ,while the closures last .The UK is giving 75% of salary .The US on the other hand gives a one off payment of $1000 .(not much use if this lasts months ) 

On 4/9/2020 at 8:14 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Yes but thats their own fault mostly for not have updated name change when it happened probably long ago.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:57 AM, mok199 said:

Tour groups ,speed boat operators,then scooter taxi followed by  scooter rental, beach chair vendors etc etc ,every cival servant controlled and owned business will be first in line ..  ...if you are not connected ,you will get what is left over....crumbs

Ironically my wife's family are all in these sectors but all were denied their 5k. Reasons unknown. 

9 minutes ago, anto said:

Here in the Republic of Ireland all those whose jobs have closed down for the Virus get 350 Euros a week ,while the closures last .The UK is giving 75% of salary .The US on the other hand gives a one off payment of $1000 .(not much use if this lasts months ) 

As a self-employed in the UK, I get my money somewhere in June.