Foreigners on the beach: A spot of exercise or breaking the rules?

webfact

Foreigners on the beach: A spot of exercise or breaking the rules?

2pm.jpg
video screenshot

The We Love Pattaya page on Facebook showed a video of a group of foreigners exercising on Jomtien beach. 

The media said they were there every day between 7 and 8.30 am. 

The locals were concerned about them not wearing masks. They were even "ngong" - perplexed.

They didn't seem to be taking Covid-19 as seriously as the Thais, was the suggestion. The authorities should have a word.

The group seemed to be practicing social distancing, notes Thaivisa and experts have told people that keeping up with one's exercise is important. 

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-06

• Haha 1

Is swimming allowed at Jomtien beach or laying on the beach as long as you keep 6 feet from others ? 

Seems details very unclear if there are any restrictions in this area especially regarding  swimming in the ocean but now it is so clear . 

Edited by Lumbini
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are people both foreign and Thai sitting on the beach at Jomtien sunbathing and swimming - maybe they are now aware of the ban - nobody is telling them to move on - granted there are not very many but they are there 

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I see a problem on the horizon with all the soi dogs who now are able to roam free but there is nobody there to feed them when we are allowed to go back to the beaches will these rabid wild animals take a instant dislike to humans invading their beaches?

I know 2 people that have been bitten by soi dogs at the bottom of Soi 5 Pratumnak in the last couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

There are people both foreign and Thai sitting on the beach at Jomtien sunbathing and swimming - maybe they are now aware of the ban - nobody is telling them to move on - granted there are not very many but they are there 

There's a ban on sunbathing and swimming?

55 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a ban on sunbathing and swimming?

Yes. Pattaya and Jomtien are in Chonburi province.

-Closure of all beaches in Chonburi. There is no exception for swimming, like was originally discussed. Total closure of the beach and beach activities.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/03/chonburi-releases-official-order-with-list-of-new-closures-and-restrictions-including-hotels-and-beaches/

Edited by SEtonal
  • Like 1

In the UK you are not allowed to sunbathe or hang about. Fines have been issued and the Scottish health advisor has just resigned because she was caught visiting her second home twice when she was saying one thing and doing another.

There is evidence this virus can hang about in the air. That's why i think they want everyone locked up.

8 hours ago, robblok said:

I see thai running and walking in the park in front of my home too. Nothing wrong with it as long as you keep distance. 

you mean nothing wrong with it if you are Thai. But don´t you dare do the same as a farang...

• Like 1