Foreigners on the beach: A spot of exercise or breaking the rules?

webfact

Many thais have a paranoia against western foreigners due to the approach of the government against western people.

They should better look all on themself and blame their people! Yes it's their country but we are guests! How do you treat guests?

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I know 2 people that have been bitten by soi dogs at the bottom of Soi 5 Pratumnak in the last couple of weeks.

Couple of months ago a pack, probably the same dogs, threatened me. On one of the cross streets close to the beach between 5 and 6. Crossed to the other side of the road as soon as I saw them, but they still came at me.

Meanwhile in my neck of the woods locals are swarming a local roti cart. But never mind, they have their "masks of invincibility" on...under their chins. Akin to wearing a bucket on one's head when riding a motorbike that is supposed to serve as a helmet. Won't save their lives but if it can avoid a fine...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibutty said:

you mean nothing wrong with it if you are Thai. But don´t you dare do the same as a farang...

I am doing the same.. nobody looks at me any different. I guess that goes against what you think or have experienced. 

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I see a problem on the horizon with all the soi dogs who now are able to roam free but there is nobody there to feed them when we are allowed to go back to the beaches will these rabid wild animals take a instant dislike to humans invading their beaches?

can only imagine what the rats are doing.

Thais really believe the virus is just floating about in the air like pollen in the wind. At the same time they put their hands all over their masks. I just don't get it.

Think this is just another let's complain about farang story.

• Like 1

Why is anybody going out unless its absolutely necessary...the stupidity of both Thais and Foreigners is unbelievable...some people just don't get it....maybe Governments should start posting videos of dying people on TV and anywhere else they can...may make people see how dangerous this is.

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Couple of months ago a pack, probably the same dogs, threatened me. On one of the cross streets close to the beach between 5 and 6. Crossed to the other side of the road as soon as I saw them, but they still came at me.

C'mon, you must have said something ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Why is anybody going out unless its absolutely necessary...the stupidity of both Thais and Foreigners is unbelievable...some people just don't get it....maybe Governments should start posting videos of dying people on TV and anywhere else they can...may make people see how dangerous this is.

Tell me exactly how going out and walking or jogging in a park is dangerous when you keep more then enough distance ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Tell me exactly how going out and walking or jogging in a park is dangerous when you keep more then enough distance ? 

If you were to jog past people, and both you and they were not masked, I suspect there would be concern. If you were to stop and rest, I would also have concern if you touched surfaces. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you were to jog past people, and both you and they were not masked, I suspect there would be concern. If you were to stop and rest, I would also have concern if you touched surfaces. 

Fair enough if i cough or they cough at that moment not that that would really happen. Touching surfaces... only with my shoes????

I get it in shops where your constantly in close contact and not open air. But not jogging or walking when you pass eachother occasionally and briefly. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I see a problem on the horizon with all the soi dogs who now are able to roam free but there is nobody there to feed them when we are allowed to go back to the beaches will these rabid wild animals take a instant dislike to humans invading their beaches?

Large parts of Pattaya have been no-go areas to humans because of these disease-carrying, accident-causing oxygen thieves even before the virus struck.  Thailand wishes to be considered a civilised country yet allows these packs free rein.

17 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Every evening I go jogging in my Mo-Baan, and every time I pass some elderly Thai's out walking, they put on their masks ???? , when I pass them again 15 mins later they put on their masks again .. .. .. .. .. Maybe I should order one of these dinosaur costumes and use while jogging - just to see if they put on their masks ????

dino.jpg

They probably reckon you're that dirty, filthy Farang that they've heard about.

16 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Large parts of Pattaya have been no-go areas to humans because of these disease-carrying, accident-causing oxygen thieves even before the virus struck.  Thailand wishes to be considered a civilised country yet allows these packs free rein.

I know what you mean the biggest complaint from our guest is the amount of stray dogs on the beach

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Fair enough if i cough or they cough at that moment not that that would really happen. Touching surfaces... only with my shoes????

I get it in shops where your constantly in close contact and not open air. But not jogging or walking when you pass eachother occasionally and briefly. 

Not just cough, breathe perhaps too, a jogger often pants and spits.

(Makes me want to throw up)

Some recent research is suggesting it can survive on surfaces longer than first thought. 

I think it considerate  to be wearing a mask perchance you come across others, or stay very well clear. Taking a rest on a bench not a good idea too.

Edited by jacko45k

This is what happens when the silverspooned chi-thai minister of health exposes his ignorance, insecurity and prejudice publicly. Others with equal or greater ignorance go out of their way to produce this nonsense to conscript the simpleminded.... this is the thin edge of the wedge..... what happens if things get desperate? Where will the anger/ frustration be directed?

The farangs of course, the source of all that is wrong in thailand,  as per the minister. 

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not just cough, breathe perhaps too, a jogger often pants and spits.

(Makes me want to throw up)

Some recent research is suggesting it can survive on surfaces longer than first thought. 

I think it considerate  to be wearing a mask perchance you come across others, or stay very well clear. Taking a rest on a bench not a good idea too.

I actually don't jog.. just log 2 heavy weights one in each hand and make a few rounds. No way i can do that with a mask as it cuts of breathing. Wont be sitting on any benches. But see plenty of Thais without a mask. I don't see it as a real risk. Only when your for a longer time in close contact in a closed area. But truth be told I should do the walking with weights more dont do it often enough. Usually just workout in my home gym.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I actually don't jog.. just log 2 heavy weights one in each hand and make a few rounds. No way i can do that with a mask as it cuts of breathing. Wont be sitting on any benches. But see plenty of Thais without a mask. I don't see it as a real risk. Only when your for a longer time in close contact in a closed area. But truth be told I should do the walking with weights more dont do it often enough. Usually just workout in my home gym.

Irresponsible.

Your excuse concerning cutting off breathing simply doesn't wash.

I do my cycle training, hundreds of kms, wearing a mask. It doesn't impede my breathing, I just breathe more deeply..

Just another who feels they are somehow exempt..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Irresponsible.

Your excuse concerning cutting off breathing simply doesn't wash.

I do my cycle training, hundreds of kms, wearing a mask. It doesn't impede my breathing, I just breathe more deeply..

Just another who feels they are somehow exempt..

???? cycling with a mask.. why would you.. im sure you can keep enough distance especially on a cycle. I can even keep my distance in the park from others. Its about distance. 

You know i also don't wear my mask when I walk with my dog... again.. keeping enough distance IF i meet people. The park i go to in front of my home is not used that much. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

???? cycling with a mask.. why would you.. im sure you can keep enough distance especially on a cycle. I can even keep my distance in the park from others. Its about distance. 

You know i also don't wear my mask when I walk with my dog... again.. keeping enough distance IF i meet people. The park i go to in front of my home is not used that much. 

Pollution. Large soot particles. When you are taking in huge volumes of air, everything helps. Seriously, you are just showing your ignorance making statements such as the above.

When you are breathing heavily carrying your weights, you are emitting droplets constantly. Anyone who crosses your path is likely to come in contact with them. 

In public, wear a mask. If completely alone in a park, you have an excuse.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Pollution. Large soot particles. When you are taking in huge volumes of air, everything helps. Seriously, you are just showing your ignorance making statements such as the above.

When you are breathing heavily carrying your weights, you are emitting droplets constantly. Anyone who crosses your path is likely to come in contact with them. 

In public, wear a mask. If completely alone in a park, you have an excuse.

Sorry just not worried like you. The park i exercise in is almost always empty (depending on time of course). I might encounter a few people but there is enough room to pass while keeping the 1.5 meter distance. 

Not going to wear a mask when its not needed and social distance can be maintained. Always wear a mask in the shops and other closed crowded places. 

• Like 1

People on beaches almost always keep well separate from strangers, the greater danger lies in queueing up for immigration, or visiting smallish bank branches and shops where people are huddled together. There are but very few parks in Thailand, also many people live in tiny rooms or small condos, and being stuck there for extended periods isn't exactly good for their physical and mental health.

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sorry just not worried like you. The park i exercise in is almost always empty (depending on time of course). I might encounter a few people but there is enough room to pass while keeping the 1.5 meter distance. 

Not going to wear a mask when its not needed and social distance can be maintained. Always wear a mask in the shops and other closed crowded places. 

Worried like me? What does it have to do with me?

It is for the protection of everyone, not just about the whims of a selfish few who care only about themselves.

As usual there is always someone who thinks he knows better...

Your heavy breathing will ensure that particles are spread beyond any 1.5 metre spacing. Just selfish in my opinion.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Worried like me? What does it have to do with me?

It is for the protection of everyone, not just about the whims of a selfish few who care only about themselves.

As usual there is always someone who thinks he knows better...

Your heavy breathing will ensure that particles are spread beyond any 1.5 metre spacing. Just selfish in my opinion.

I am wondering, when all of you virus panic makers will have enough of all this BS and switch to something different.  I am wondering, where you are getting your information, are you able to do some research and listen to authorities in virusology not mass media panic making agenda ..... have a good night

16 hours ago, robblok said:

I might encounter a few people but there is enough room to pass while keeping the 1.5 meter distance. 

Not going to wear a mask when its not needed

You seem to have developed rules to suit yourself rather than what is being recommended by knowledgeable sources. Your 1.5m seems short, and how do you determine a mask is not needed?

Are you deliberately trolling?

Edited by jacko45k