Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Foreigners on the beach: A spot of exercise or breaking the rules?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to have developed rules to suit yourself rather than what is being recommended by knowledgeable sources. Your 1.5m seems short, and how do you determine a mask is not needed?

 

Are you deliberately trolling?

1.5 meters is what is recommended. Not sure if you followed the reports. We are taking about a small park here with enough room to pass. A park where at max 10 ppl will be and when I am doing what i do usually 2 or less. Not really sure why people get their panties in a twist. Most of the time the park is deserted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, robblok said:

1.5 meters is what is recommended. Not sure if you followed the reports. We are taking about a small park here with enough room to pass. A park where at max 10 ppl will be and when I am doing what i do usually 2 or less. Not really sure why people get their panties in a twist. Most of the time the park is deserted. 

I have seen 6 feet and 2 metres also recommended. Obviously if the park is completely empty that is fine, but you have no right of expectation of that. And if an unmasked jogger, or cyclist went past me (panting and wheezing), within 1 meter, I would be concerned and annoyed by it. Seems unfair to  put others at risk, and at least cause them concern. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have seen 6 feet and 2 metres also recommended. Obviously if the park is completely empty that is fine, but you have no right of expectation of that. And if an unmasked jogger, or cyclist went past me (panting and wheezing), within 1 meter, I would be concerned and annoyed by it. Seems unfair to  put others at risk, and at least cause them concern. 

Just went out with my dog in the park did not encounter anyone. As i said there is plenty of room to go around people and its not crowded. We are talking about a mini park where the locals only come really early in the morning or evening. I avoid those times. My walking with weights (last time last week) almost does not happen. (lazy <deleted> me prefer my home gym). But I do walk with the dog there every day a few times and I just dont encounter people. But if you see them comming you can go 2 meters aside or more whatever you want. 

 

I get your concern but this is not a crowded space. Even the Thais don't wear masks (some do most don't) while exercising there. I don't go there when they are out in force (especially with the dog). 

 

I wear a mask to all other places but not when I can avoid people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a general comment that exercise is important for everyone health. So being jealous of people who are able to still exercise outdoor even as their hobby such as runners, swimmers, biking tai chi etc seems completely misguided.

 

Rules makes sense to distance & mask off in crowded areas but to exercise with a mask means severely cutting down your possible oxygen intake & thus reduced workout not to mention the 'sweat' issue. So surely when useless who will wear a mask when exercising alone somewhere or even within your usual small group? It's not helping anyone! But as long as the frontline people gets their masks first I have no problem with everyone using as many masks as they can 🙂

 

Where I am there's no foreigners at all & thais mostly continue their usual haggysack neighbourhood ball games running on the roads, parks, biking and hiking the mountains.

 

Surely on a highly populated area like pattaya, phuket, samui, bkk etc more care is needed not to cause any further risks but elsewhere life's still goes on 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 5:56 AM, jacko45k said:

You seem to have developed rules to suit yourself rather than what is being recommended by knowledgeable sources. Your 1.5m seems short, and how do you determine a mask is not needed?

 

Are you deliberately trolling?


 

To be fair, it is all in here and the masks will not prevent a healthy person picking up the virus. That said, if the lawmakers say “wear a mask” then whether it is pointless or not doesn’t matter, I will comply. :-

 

retrieve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Terek said:

By the way, World Health Organisation, regarding Covid

They have more than discredited themselves during this catastrophe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jip99 said:


 

To be fair, it is all in here and the masks will not prevent a healthy person picking up the virus. That said, if the lawmakers say “wear a mask” then whether it is pointless or not doesn’t matter, I will comply. :-

 

retrieve

WHO....who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

WHO....who?

 

 

Now you sound like an owl...🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jip99 said:

 

 

Now you sound like an owl...🙂

I am having a hoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I am having a hoot.

I'm having a beer...just one morrrrrrrrre..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 5:45 PM, kinyara said:

Well they are not enforcing the ban on Jomtien Beach, just bad a drive along it and around the immigration Soi area still a good few people sunning themselves on the beach. 

Yes, same along Dongtan Beach as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 7:21 PM, CygnusX1 said:

Couple of months ago a pack, probably the same dogs, threatened me. On one of the cross streets close to the beach between 5 and 6. Crossed to the other side of the road as soon as I saw them, but they still came at me.

A farang was bitten by them just this morning as well.

 

The police must be too busy doing something else (??) to bother about these dangerous dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...