Koh Larn closure hits hard: Please send food!

webfact

Koh Larn closure hits hard: Please send food!

5pm.jpg

Some residents of Koh Larn have been seriously affected by the closure of the island. 

No tourists have set foot on the island off the coast of Pattaya, in Chonburi since it was sealed off on March 25th. 

The hashtag #SAVEKOHLARN is trending. 

Some of the most vulnerable people there have very little left to eat and are finding it hard to get basic items. 

People can leave donations of food and other items at the Na Ban pier between 9 am and 3 pm.

Or there is a Kasikorn bank account number to donate money to the needy. It is 016-804-9102 in the name of Sompit.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-06
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

so the government can fill the boats with FOOD !!! what you say??

It is possible, but I have no idea if it will happen. Many people are being left to fend for themselves without Government help, onshore and offshore.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

I never heard that Koh Larn people ever sent food to those in need, ever, and the made good money for years from many, many tourists over the years...

So let them starve now?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

surely up to the GOVERMENT to help money wise???!!!

But they spent billions on a sub that will never get used....and some tanks (I think) !!!

by the way I have NOT seen the SUB, has anyone else seen it??

No..cos it's under water....lol

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

But they spent billions on a sub that will never get used....and some tanks (I think) !!!

Isn't that the idea of a sub, that you CAN'T see it? ????

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

If it was bought from China, then it doesn't matter if it is under water or not. I suspect that the Chinese government will always know where their subs are, even after they were purchased by other countries.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

You will need scuba gear,,,,,,,,

Alternatively charter a light airplane flight over the Gulf of Thailand and look for a yellow sausage shaped object in the shallow waters.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, essox essox said:

The Submarine hasn't starts to pay yet. 

Gee what a surprise .......If 100% of your income comes from tourist and then you ban the tourist then you have 100% less income.....

I figured the crying would start in a few months not a few weeks....

If they are smart they will stuff this no tourist thing pronto before it really gets ugly over there....

4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes, but with the colored neon lights hanging on the sides, and the big blinking "Karaoke" signs on the hatches, and the disco lasers on the periscope, it is a little easier to spot than most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder what local government jurisdiction they are under, if its Pattaya then no doubt Pattaya City Council had generous budgets earmarked for festivals that didn't happen like the music one. How about they step in and provide some basic funding with the savings. 

18 minutes ago, timendres said:

Yes, but with the colored neon lights hanging on the sides, and the big blinking "Karaoke" signs on the hatches, and the disco lasers on the periscope, it is a little easier to spot than most.

Never mind the Subs. They’ll be buying F35’s to launch of their Aircraft Carrier.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, essox essox said:

Difficult to see something that has sunk. Even in 6 fathoms.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

You wont see them for 2 years because they have no crews to sail them Takes about 2 years to train them apparently

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

...by the way I have NOT seen the SUB, has anyone else seen it??

That's the great thing about the Royal Thai Navy Submarine/s. No need for a photo opportunity as they are out defending national security and on patrol keeping Thailand safe. How many billions gone? And gone where?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

That's the great thing about the Royal Thai Navy Submarine/s. No need for a photo opportunity as they are out defending national security and on patrol keeping Thailand safe. How many billions gone? And gone where?

precisely !!!

They live on the ocean and don’t have food? Looks like it’s the time to close down the bar and get yourself a fishing boat. 

OP states you can send money to Sompit, lol. I don’t think the money is going to go very far in thai fingers, and the money that does get to these people, they will find out that it provides little in regards to nutrition value.

• Like 1