Koh Samui sealed off until end of the month

webfact

Koh Samui sealed off until end of the month

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The mayor of Koh Samui announced today that the popular island will be effectively sealed off from tomorrow.

To pass in or out travellers must have a letter confirming their health from a public hospital in Thailand. This must have been issued within the last 72 hours.

Even then virtually anyone can be recommended for government sanctioned quarantine of 14 days if coming from a risky area or they have been in a risky situation. 

Ramnet Jaikwang's order is from 7th April until 30th April. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-06

This will be the future for everyone !!!
Only travel when you prove that you are corona negative or ... have the vaccine !!!
China has it already as a mobile app.

1984 on steroids ... and people love it !!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Taco said:

The Thai girls have been on it for years but I think the time has now come for us guys to also get on the 2 cell phones program.  One to download all the government spy apps and leave plugged in a weird location and the other one you actually use. 

I've had two for a while, one sits by the TV.

Back in the UK I had two as well (since 1990), one for my company to call (never answered), one for everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, RayFaye said:

Not very specific. What about ferry's bringing in EVERYTHING we consume. Health workers gonna be stopping people in Don Sak or here?

Just like any other province, with good transfers, medical staff etc. etc. can pass.

More explaining in Thai here, makes sense, if you use Google-translate...

ด่วน สั่งปิดเกาะสมุย สกัดโควิด-19 

????

2 hours ago, bluedoc said:

I had a heads up a couple of days ago that something was up on Koh Samui See attached.

E4C0ED8E-819D-46EF-A32E-629BEA8E1AF1.jpeg

Not sure where that chart is from....but Surat Thani government office....and Koh Samui government, and today's Bangkok Post article, all agree that there are a total of 6 COVID-19 cases on Samui, 3 from the same family.

2 hours ago, Silencer said:

Not sure where that chart is from....but Surat Thani government office....and Koh Samui government, and today's Bangkok Post article, all agree that there are a total of 6 COVID-19 cases on Samui, 3 from the same family.

Agreed

Bophut River???

11 hours ago, brain150 said:

This will be the future for everyone !!!
Only travel when you prove that you are corona negative or ... have the vaccine !!!
China has it already as a mobile app.

1984 on steroids ... and people love it !!!

You haven't read 1984 have you?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silencer said:

The title of the chart says it is numbers of people who have come from "at risk places" it does not claim to be number of Covid-19 cases.  

On 4/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Silencer said:

My friend lives on Samui. They have closed Samui. So you believe what the government and the government regulated paper tells you.????????‍♀️

On 4/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, bluedoc said:

My friend lives on Samui. They have closed Samui. So you believe what the government and the government regulated paper tells you.????????‍♀️

Some of the posters here lives on Samui, so we know quite well what's going on.

The chart is the official Surat Thani chart, and the true numbers.

Samui is not more closed than you can still move freely around (I talk from experience) – but people from outside are restricted to come onto the island, if they can find a transportation – and yes only essential stores are open in the shopping malls; most hotels closed due to no customers; restaurant only take away, except some hotel restaurants serving remaining guests only; cafés, pub and nightlife closed; and alcohol sales ban during the Songkran period. Of course also the nationwide 22-04 curfew.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...