BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Samui: You're surrounded! Brit hotel owner, Swiss DJ and Thai manageress all arrested after illegal party

Just now, DoctorG said:

It is not a public place if the door is closed and there was a closed sign outside.

another on ignore, I can't be bothered ..... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Has the 'brown envelope' system been shut down too?  Or did someone forget to post it?

I'm guessing the latter. Or maybe the price has gone up and the envelope wasn't thick enough.

• Sad 1

no excuse for this 

Hit them hard with fines 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lashay said:

There is no "party ban" and hotels have been given exclusions on keeping their bars/resturants open, for hotel guests only.

Exactly, there is no 'party ban' ... no rules have been broken ... just party a bit with 20+ guys.

For what then, I ask you, do we have a curfew in place, and a 15 days alcohol sale ban and all the advise about social distancing?

And if that doesn't work, already talks about a 24h curfew possibly coming up?

Can we make a decision now? ... either let the complete thing run un-controlled, or just carry on with what we always did, regardless of 

new restrictions, orders, fines etc.?

And for what are other ppl doing their best and are staying at home for 2 weeks and only do the necessary ... are we all idiots?

Another 20 foreigners in the news again, unable to stop drinking or partying for 2 weeks, why not ... smart guys, so much common sense among us. 1000's of miles away from home (where the <deleted> really hit the fan already).

Edited by RedPill

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Another 20 foreigners in the news again, unable to stop drinking or partying for 2 weeks, why not

Indeed, only 20, what can possibly go wrong? 🤔

Edited by teddybeer
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

if there is an outbreak in that area in the coming future, these people could be in serious trouble I would imagine 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

5 in my house.

Don't see a problem with 20 people living together.

Sorry, maybe misunderstanding 😉

I was talking about this: 

"They found twenty foreigners having a great time. Some tried to flee the scene. "

Anything else to defend?

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Exactly, there is no 'party ban' ... no rules have been broken ... just party a bit with 20+ guys.

For what then, I ask you, do we have a curfew in place, and a 15 days alcohol sale ban and all the advise about social distancing?

And if that doesn't work, already talks about a 24h curfew possibly coming up?

Can we make a decision now? ... either let the complete thing run un-controlled, or just carry on with what we always did, regardless of 

new restrictions, orders, fines etc.?

And for what are other ppl doing their best and are staying at home for 2 weeks and only do the necessary ... are we all idiots?

Another 20 foreigners in the news again, unable to stop drinking or partying for 2 weeks, why not ... smart guys, so much common sense among us. 1000's of miles away from home (where the <deleted> really hit the fan already).

If I was a national of Thailand I'd be wanting the authorities to round them all up and keep them under strict confinement, get a few drinks into some folks and they get brave and incredibly stupid simultaneously, a bad combo for a pandemic..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

throw the book at them, selfish stupid kids

Edited by malibukid