Koh Samui: You're surrounded! Brit hotel owner, Swiss DJ and Thai manageress all arrested after illegal party

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

In the case of a hotel that would be the hotel's grounds.

It says nothing about being in your room anywhere on the notice you posted.

and hotal mgmnt can sometimes be very good with the social distancing... New Airbnb premium service will encourage hosts to be more like ... 

... or at being distanced

• Haha 1
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hard to see what rules they were breaking. All hotel guests, nobody broke any curfew.   Presumably at 11pm the police were the only ones breaking the rules (out after curfew).

Was just about to say the same. If all were hotel guests then no law was broken.   There is no "party ban" and hotels have been given exclusions on keeping their bars/resturants open, for ho

Has the 'brown envelope' system been shut down too?  Or did someone forget to post it?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she was but she wasn't sure about the bit about opening and closing. 

Yes, I imagine 'Close all bar and restaurants until further notice' is a little ambiguous

• Haha 1

There is another thing which makes me wonder .... same as with the 8 rooftop/5hookers/drugs guys in Phuket last week.

People wonder where the loud music comes from and call the cops.

Here the same, loud music, ppl call the cops ...

If you have to pull off that kind of stuff these days ... why do you have to put on your ghetto blaster? 😉

Oh man, what more are we going to see the coming days? A lot more ... my gut feeling.

Edited by RedPill
1 minute ago, RedPill said:

There is another thing which makes me wonder .... same as with the 8 rooftop/5hookers/drugs guys in Phuket last week.

People wonder where the loud music comes from and call the cops.

Here the same, loud music, ppl call the cops ...

If you have to pull off that kind of stuff these days ... why do you have to put on your ghetto blaster? 😉

Oh man, what more are we going to see the coming days? A lot more ... my gut feeling.

The blinders some people put on in order to block out the world and live as if tomorrow will never come are unfortunately what you will see in the coming days.  Life can not be inconvenienced for them, you can never tell them what to do.  Stand by.  Just heard that the Philippine police shot and killed a farmer who would not obey orders.  No matter how many people believe that things like that can not go ahead without a major uprising occurring, they will soon find themselves in the minority.  More Crackpots and conspiracy theories will be out and about, as caution is thrown out in the coming days, just glad that I am comfortably sequestered.  Just had my 30 minutes of Vitamin D while standing on my small patch of grass I grew on one of my balconies, that I cut by hand to keep my sanity.... 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, natway09 said:

All staying in the hotel for 14days, all doing their isolation together Mr Plod.

A likely story

Wonder if the guests were properly registered with immigration as staying at this hotel? more fines coming...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Has the 'brown envelope' system been shut down too?  Or did someone forget to post it?

That brown envelope system doesn't work in every case. in this case it had to be very thick to have the result wanted...probably more than they can afford.

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The blinders some people put on in order to block out the world and live as if tomorrow will never come are unfortunately what you will see in the coming days.  Life can not be inconvenienced for them, you can never tell them what to do.  Stand by.  Just heard that the Philippine police shot and killed a farmer who would not obey orders.  No matter how many people believe that things like that can not go ahead without a major uprising occurring, they will soon find themselves in the minority.  More Crackpots and conspiracy theories will be out and about, as caution is thrown out in the coming days, just glad that I am comfortably sequestered.  Just had my 30 minutes of Vitamin D while standing on my small patch of grass I grew on one of my balconies, that I cut by hand to keep my sanity.... 

the conspiracy theorists are really making this situation a whole lot worse. I do believe in a few conspiracies (not relating to this pandemic) and some conspiracies I believed in the past have come to light as being fact. The conspiracies based around COVID-19 for the most part are moronic though. Some of them actually think there isn't such a thing as a virus in nature period, that it's a waste byproduct of cells. Some of them think that 5G is causing the virus, others think it's a giant hoax, and people who are dying are all paid actors. Whatever theory they subscribe to, it's ultimately dangerous to society and to the progress of being rid of this pandemic. The upshot however is that these people are more likely to remove their genetics from the pool, by going out and getting infected 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Mung said:

the conspiracy theorists are really making this situation a whole lot worse. I do believe in a few conspiracies (not relating to this pandemic) and some conspiracies I believed in the past have come to light as being fact. The conspiracies based around COVID-19 for the most part are moronic though. Some of them actually think there isn't such a thing as a virus in nature period, that it's a waste byproduct of cells. Some of them think that 5G is causing the virus, others think it's a giant hoax, and people who are dying are all paid actors. Whatever theory they subscribe to, it's ultimately dangerous to society and to the progress of being rid of this pandemic. The upshot however is that these people are more likely to remove their genetics from the pool, by going out and getting infected 

Mung, I would have to agree with you on the upshot as you described.  The deep end of the pool will be where they end up.  I just would hope that nobody, who was or is an innocent bystander would get run over by that bus when it rolled out.

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

lock em' up till the virus subsides,  typical selfish knobs..

How did you get so sad, defeated and broken? No "law" broken, No rule broken, no harm to the public... explain yourself!

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Mung said:

And others believe because they don't know anyone in person infected or dead, therefore it's a con.

I just read it yesterday night on here.

All those dead bodies we see on TV must be a con ... not real, a conspiracy, staged, photoshopped ... 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lashay said:

Was just about to say the same. If all were hotel guests then no law was broken.

There is no "party ban" and hotels have been given exclusions on keeping their bars/resturants open, for hotel guests only.

I am not sure what the rules are on Samui, but in Pattaya the situation has been changing from day to day over the last 2 weeks. My "local" (a hotel) started limited alcohol hours, from 6 pm till midnight, for everyone, some 2 weeks ago. Two days later, everyone could get a drink between 6 and 10 pm but every patron had to order food as well. A week ago it stopped being my "local" as only hotel guests could get a drink between 6 pm and 9 pm. Four days ago they stopped serving alcohol completely, and they announced that the hotel would close until further notice once the two remaining guests (a couple) would leave or relocate to a "pool hotel" for stranded tourists.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

As if defeating the dreaded virus is not hard enough and here comes all those dufuses who are bent on making things worse and foreighens no less that should know better...

"foreighens" no less that should know better...

Does that mean they are clever chicks? (Sorry - couldn't resist!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1