Thailand reports 51 new coronavirus cases, three more deaths

webfact

Thailand reports 51 new coronavirus cases, three more deaths

REUTERS.jpg

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 51 new coronavirus cases and three more deaths on Monday, according to a spokesman for the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

Thirteen of the new cases were medical personnel who attended to infected patients or had activities with them, said the spokesman, Taweesin Wisanuyothin.

More than half of the new cases were in Bangkok, he said.

Thailand has confirmed 2,220 cases and 26 fatalities since the outbreak emerged in the country in January.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-04-06

How does this counting work? Are these actually the cases reported on Sunday? You can't post Monday's numbers before 11 am on Monday morning. What about the rest of the cases that will come up during Monday. Would they end up in Tuesdays count. Just curious about how this works?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

You have to treat this as good news. Yes, I know there are probably more cases out there, but from the perspective that the government has been saying it would only ramp up restrictions if the figures got worse, we can at least hope for some sense of normality to return, as opposed to things getting tighter.

But then why tell the provincial governors to expect more stringent measures, just not making any sense.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

How does this counting work? Are these actually the cases reported on Sunday? You can't post Monday's numbers before 11 am on Monday morning. What about the rest of the cases that will come up during Monday. Would they end up in Tuesdays count. Just curious about how this works?

Once they run out of fingers they are screwed and have to bring in an 'expert' with a calculator to do '10x' !

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tingnongnoi said:

they didn't tell them to expect, they told them to prepare for in case they do have to bring in more stringent measures.

Well I did not use the right word and I apologize, but when we talk about semantics, they were not told to prepare but:

All provincial governors have been told to brace for potential drastic measures to stop the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

• Like 1

Metisdead, completely agree. The way it is, whether we like it or not.

That's why many Thais can only talk in private, the things they wants to say.

Why should it be different on a public forum.

A pain in the bum that we can't talk about sports right now, no sports up and running ;-(

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

A lot. Spread 5-10k cases out over 69 provinces and then over 8 weeks. 

I agree, and I might even agree the actual number of infected people could be 10x or maybe 15x higher, heck even go 20x higher that is still 0.06% of 65,000,000. Your 5-10k number is only a little higher than the 2,000+ being reported and almost 800 of them have recovered! Maybe considering a very high factor of unknown infections, it may not be all that bad. Certainly this isn't New York City or Milano.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

I agree, and I might even agree the actual number of infected people could be 10x or maybe 15x higher, heck even go 20x higher that is still 0.06% of 65,000,000. Your 5-10k number is only a little higher than the 2,000+ being reported and almost 800 of them have recovered! Maybe considering a very high factor of unknown infections, it may not be all that bad. Certainly this isn't New York City or Milano.

I'm sorry but I miswrote my first post. I meant 5-10k deaths. So, we prob don't fully agree. 

It truly is a sad state of affairs we are in.  Live one day at a time, and take everything with a grain of salt.  Just glad they stopped me from running in Lumpini Park, I might have died from exercise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1