Private hospitals instructed not to charge medical fees for Covid-19

webfact

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I read something earlier saying it is for Thai's only, e.g. they said if you have private cover as a farang, you should use it and then the government will reimburse you, or the insurer, hopefully the insurer, because I don't have faith in 3rd parties such as the Thai government.

It is for everybody who has social security, so Thais and foreigners with a work permit. If you have private coverage, you should use that first. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Talking about that.....

Where is that clown? Haven't seen him in the media for a while.

He has been slideline ever since they made some uproaring comment. PM has invoke some special law for himself to be the in charge of the medical part. 

3 hours ago, Polaky said:

Step in the right direction ????

Very true, but does his also apply to the ridiculously high charges for private hospital testing, and the costs of he drugs they send you home with while you wait for the results?

• Like 1

Interesting. I know a Thai that had all the symptoms, went to a hospital, put on a ventilator - the whole 9 yards. Freaking everyone out. Test came back as negative for covid-19. Luckily she had insurance, because under the above - if you don’t actually have covid-19, you’d be up for the full amount in costs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I have a membership card and number for Bumrungrad going back to November 2013, so I wonder if they could turn me away. I've certainly spent a lot of money on myself and my long time girlfriend there.

2 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

I suspect that the Covid-19 cases will all be treatment for flu related pneumonia!  We are about to have a flu epidemic in Thailand.

Exactly my thinking, keeps also the numbers down. So face saved. Half of the people in the north will die anyways of pneumonia, given the yearly occurrences of fresh air. 

5 hours ago, Lingba said:

they will pad the fees in other ways

That more or less assumes that in the end the hospitals themselves will have to absorb the costs, but I would think that the government will have to indemnify the private hospitals. Does anyone have real information? And by the way, I'm not poor and don't mind paying some incidental costs, the hospitals have to survive also; though that statement may lend me some insults.