BANGKOK
webfact

Private hospitals instructed not to charge medical fees for Covid-19

3 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Talking about that.....

Where is that clown? Haven't seen him in the media for a while.

He has been slideline ever since they made some uproaring comment. PM has invoke some special law for himself to be the in charge of the medical part. 

3 hours ago, Polaky said:

Step in the right direction 😉

Nah, they just won't except Corvid suspect patients.

3 hours ago, Polaky said:

Step in the right direction 😉

Very true, but does his also apply to the ridiculously high charges for private hospital testing, and the costs of he drugs they send you home with while you wait for the results?

• Like 1

Interesting. I know a Thai that had all the symptoms, went to a hospital, put on a ventilator - the whole 9 yards. Freaking everyone out. Test came back as negative for covid-19. Luckily she had insurance, because under the above - if you don’t actually have covid-19, you’d be up for the full amount in costs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I suspect that the Covid-19 cases will all be treatment for flu related pneumonia!  We are about to have a flu epidemic in Thailand.

• Like 1

Well, I have a membership card and number for Bumrungrad going back to November 2013, so I wonder if they could turn me away. I've certainly spent a lot of money on myself and my long time girlfriend there.

2 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

I suspect that the Covid-19 cases will all be treatment for flu related pneumonia!  We are about to have a flu epidemic in Thailand.

Exactly my thinking, keeps also the numbers down. So face saved. Half of the people in the north will die anyways of pneumonia, given the yearly occurrences of fresh air. 

Private, public, fees, free ... all if this only matters if you can skillfully time your sickness to happen before all the ICU beds are gone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I imagine farang may get free covid cover, but the treatment of the urgent long toe nails being clipped is half million

get a G/F or wife to do it

they will pad the fees in other ways

5 hours ago, Lingba said:

they will pad the fees in other ways

That more or less assumes that in the end the hospitals themselves will have to absorb the costs, but I would think that the government will have to indemnify the private hospitals. Does anyone have real information? And by the way, I'm not poor and don't mind paying some incidental costs, the hospitals have to survive also; though that statement may lend me some insults.