Private hospitals instructed not to charge medical fees for Covid-19

webfact

Way back on March 11 khaosodenglish.com had an article that said that expats would be covered along with Thais by the universal health care program, but not necessarily tourists. I unfortunately know a lot about public and private hospitals here, and I feel rather confident if someone on long stay goes into a public hospital with a positive reading they will be treated free. Private hospitals, I would like to hear any experiences people have had to date.

22 hours ago, Enzian said:

Way back on March 11 khaosodenglish.com had an article that said that expats would be covered along with Thais by the universal health care program, but not necessarily tourists. I unfortunately know a lot about public and private hospitals here, and I feel rather confident if someone on long stay goes into a public hospital with a positive reading they will be treated free. Private hospitals, I would like to hear any experiences people have had to date.

Thanks Enzian...

Yes would be very interesting to hear of Expast Covid experiences in Thai private and public hospitals...

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

friend had a test at Bangkok Hospital yesterday, no symptoms so had to pay, total came to 7034thb

they've obviously ditched the 25000thb 'promotion' advertised a few weeks ago

25.000 baht promotion designed to steer potential covid patients away from their hospital.