How many road deaths have been saved?

transam

Traffic-free roads. .  no more sleep-wrecking raucous music blaring from rowdy resorts. . . a near-deserted beach and promenade. . . uncluttered pavements you can actually walk on  . . . air that's fit to breathe again.

It's as if somebody had turned the clock back twenty years to the day my wife and fell in love with the then sleepy seaside holiday town that has been our home ever since.

Just goes to show that even a crisis as nasty as this can have its compensations.

Edited by Krataiboy

On 4/6/2020 at 12:37 PM, sanuk711 said:

I wonder how many people will have to put their lives in the hands of the money lenders--never to see the debt paid off/ I wonder how many small businesses will go belly up /  I wonder how many relationships will brake down because of the financial strain/ I wonder if there is going to be blood in the streets if this continues/  I wonder if we would have been better off without Covid-19 & stick with the motor bike madness

Seems to me like you're trying to justify the awful fatality statistics on Thai roads.

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My old man once said to me when he saw that I was down early in my life; son, you know life is not a straight line, there are going to be big mountains you are going to have to climb, and you will be mentally exhausted, but when you finally reach the peak, you will rest and, then see the downhill journey will be less challenging for you, you will also turn and go the wrong way and have will to turn back after a long journey on the wrong road, that won't be easy, but you have to look at life as a journey, we will all get to the same place at the end of our journey, so when challengers are put in front of you, and they will throughout your life, look at each one as a new journey, duck and weave as if someone is throwing punches at you, and eventually you will tire them, now here drink this, and just remember, I have been where you are coming from, smiled and drank his drink.

My take in answering your questions.

1) Don't over borrow. 

2) Never chain yourself down to a job that you "need" to depend on to survive, e.g. have different skill sets, if it's a business, make sure it's a portable one so that you don't have to pay for a lease/mortgage etc etc.

If relationships are based on finances, it is destined to fall apart.

Blood in the streets is always possible when people overextend and or banks increase rates or governments make changes.

The above said, my freedom is all that has been affected with this Covid-19 situation at the moment, as for the 50% drop in my share portfolio, well, that is what stock markets do, they go up and down, but things will change in time, for the better, that said, I can't take it with me, so I will eat from my fruits of labor as the dividends keep coming in.

Naturally we would have been better off without the pandemic, but one would hope the "leaders" of the world will take note of this pandemic, and spend less on military and more on finding cures for future outbreaks, however I wouldn't be putting any money on it, because it is less profitable and they need to keep culling.

Referring to your last para. It would be nice, but it only needs one demented leader to keep increasing his country's nuclear strength and the rest have to follow. Not to would be madness, as these crazy beggars would just <deleted> on us and rub it in.