BANGKOK

I cant be only one with this dilemma...

so, my story is i spend 6 months of the year here (playing golf is why im here) and i have for the last 7 years.

Before Covid 19 really broke out i was seriously considering staying a few months more. But things are now very different. 

I just cant decide whether to go back to UK or not? I dont 'want' to as such, no real pressing need for me to be there, no work or family committments, someone can take care of my property. But there's nothing to do here as well as there

-The bigger concern is 24/7 curfews in Thailand v UK

-Flying home is a risk in itself.

-fight could be cancelled/overbooked

- flights out could be grounded for months

-Insurance- i can get here in Thai should i stay

- Cases/deaths are way lower in Thai than almost all of Europe

-where is 'safer'?

Anyone else had these thoughts and would like to share the Pros & Cons?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Those that don't have insurance should go home if they can , it's a no brainer , could you imagine the bill after a couple of weeks in ICU?

Lockdowns will continue to get tighter here.. Slowly but surely

Agreed, i wouldnt even contemplate staying *without* insurance that includes covid 19, not a chance

but with it , im really torn as to what to do

ideally stick around and see what happens, hope that UK assist with flights out if things get dodgy

• Haha 2

On another post on here this morning news item reported private hospitals told to treat everyone for free claim if have insurance, but if not, still treated, maybe i miss read it ? seems too good to be true.

57 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

But there's nothing to do here as well as there

same as when there's no virus, unless you like museums and art galleries

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

yes feel same way, hence dilemma. The one thing that would make me leave here is if things got dodgy and i dont mean the virus. I mean being a farang and being' mistreated' simply because of it

And i do have an opportunity to fly , well i do at the moment anyway, thats another concern ie that option may be taken off the table

as an aside i ran my own business from aged 26 and made big decisions quickly every day

since turning 50 Im [email protected] at making decisions, because i consider all factors ....old age hahaha

I was here in 'difficult' times (red and yellows) and never felt in anyway threatened...

I remember i was sitting outside a bar on Sukhumvit drinking a beer with friends and 'fully equipped' military vehicles were going  down the road! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, madmen said:

...Lockdowns will continue to get tighter here.. Slowly but surely

How would they implement that? People have to eat. I could only imagine that in the worst case scenario...

Edited by BillStrangeOgre

Stay 

• Thanks 2