Return to Europe ....or not?

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

For those who asked about the Covid Insurance plan, I did mine online here:

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

I saw no age restrictions mentioned.

Email confirmation of acceptance.

Policy forwarded by post.

First 14 days from acceptance invalid for claims.

(Tip: When enter the start date put tomorrows date).

Many of the banks are also offering similar policies.

I tried to fill that form in, once it got to my home town, without me even touching the keyboard, Taphan Hin came up, I do not even live there, and it is impossible to erase it, so I cannot go any further, looks like some sort of farce to me.

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The wife reads Thai.

Roojai also have excellent English speakers to explain.

Nobody forcing you to take the cover if you qualify.

Na na na …, nobody need to forcing me . I saw enough latest in Thailand  , but wishing you the best of luck , as different tune for me as I have no " Thai anchors" (Thai wife or family ) so I understand this could be a good solution for you or others to make it a survival mode option ...

51 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not sure why anyone would want to return to one of the epicenters, at this point in time. I believe you are so much safer here. It will be just as boring back there, but infinitely more expensive, far more dangerous, and why risk it? Why risk quarantine? Better to stay put for the time being.

You all seem to be living in some sort of media created dystopian fantasy, it's a sars variant, the flu, no more people dying this year than last year, get a grip for <deleted> sake

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I tried to fill that form in, once it got to my home town, without me even touching the keyboard, Taphan Hin came up, I do not even live there, and it is impossible to erase it, so I cannot go any further, looks like some sort of farce to me.

You probably entered an incorrect address such as 'Soi' instead of 'Moo' or suchlike.

Patience is a virtue.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

You probably entered an incorrect address such as 'Soi' instead of 'Moo' or suchlike.

Patience is a virtue.

I did not even get as far as my address or it would have been Moo.     To ask someone to fill in any kind of form and not allow you to delete anything is criminal. I did not even get the chance to make a mistake.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did not even get as far as my address or it would have been Moo.     To ask someone to fill in any kind of form and not allow you to delete anything is criminal. I did not even get the chance to make a mistake.

When you enter your postal code it will show your city or district, then you select your tambon,  and then enter house number, steet, village and etc.

21 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

How would they implement that? People have to eat. I could only imagine that in the worst case scenario...

They are not implementing it , the street markets are full and buzzing with people namely the big market is Soi Siam country club east pattaya, the media are  quick to print stories of foreigners flouting the law, but i never see pictures  of Thais shopping in busy markets, surely a haven for the virus...

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If it preselected Taphan Hill that was because of the postcode you entered.

46 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Are you in the right place?  There is not even a field for home town when I do it.  Province, District and Sub District only, with Province auto populated when post code is entered, and the others in pull down lists generated from previous entries.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

When you enter your postal code it will show your city or district, then you select your tambon, house number, steet, village and etc.

That's right, I entered my postal code and then Taphan Hin came up in the next square follow by another place, I live about 30Ks from Taphan Hin and with a different postal code, it is impossible to delete these, I even tried it all again from the beginning.

22 hours ago, thecolonel said:

Agreed, i wouldnt even contemplate staying *without* insurance that includes covid 19, not a chance

but with it , im really torn as to what to do

ideally stick around and see what happens, hope that UK assist with flights out if things get dodgy

"hope that UK assist with flights out if things get dodgy"

Why would things get more dodgy here compared with the UK? There were 5000 dead late Sunday in the UK. I don't know where you're staying in Thailand but imo it's a lot safer here (except maybe for BKK) than back home. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, actonion said:

They are not implementing it , the street markets are full and buzzing with people namely the big market is Soi Siam country club east pattaya, the media are  quick to print stories of foreigners flouting the law, but i never see pictures  of Thais shopping in busy markets, surely a haven for the virus...

"the street markets are full and buzzing with people"

Really?

There are only fresh food markets open,no other markets. 

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That's right, I entered my postal code and then Taphan Hin came up in the next square follow by another place, I live about 30Ks from Taphan Hin and with a different postal code, it is impossible to delete these, I even tried it all again from the beginning.

What is your correct postcode.

66110 is the district of Taphan Hin.

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

Are you in the right place?  There is not even a field for home town when I do it.  Province, District and Sub District only, with Province auto populated when post code is entered, and the others in pull down lists generated from previous entries.

It does not work that way, it seems very simple to fill in, but it also tries to fill it in by itself. If it was possible to delete things, then there would not be a problem.

37 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It does not work that way, it seems very simple to fill in, but it also tries to fill it in by itself. If it was possible to delete things, then there would not be a problem.

I think you made a typo error in your Postcode, hence the wrong District displayed.

Try again.

52 minutes ago, Sele1981 said:

Yesterday I flight with 300-400 people. Sit next to each other. The women sit next to me coughed the hell out of her lungs. Its so stupid you cant imagine! I was sure everybody in the plane get its own row. But the real case is, if one person had corona on that flight, we all might got it now. And then when you exit the plane, you have to have a social distance of 1.5m to people you sit next to for 13 hrs ????

I'm sure the 1.5 m will make all the difference, especially if you wear a mask which is now the new Wunderwaffe ????

Well the rumour of 24 hour curfew denied today.

Thailand is my second home, married to a Thai. I am resident in France. She is not.

I was due to fly back to  Europe and intended taking my Thai wife on 1 May. Airline cancelled and rebooked me for 2 May. Today those flights also cancelled without a rebooking this time. Hadn't got my wife a ticket and decided not to when this all really kicked off. At the moment she wouldn't be allowed in to France as neither French, nor French resident. For how long? Her visa is only good to end July. 

There are no flights in/ out Thailand now before 19 April anyway. And then?

Have extension of stay now until 9 June. Not sure what further extension I could get nearer the time.

If I leave Thailand during this, when might I be allowed to re enter?

No desire to return to France, my other home, under their current conditions but was looking forward to Spring and Summer there, part of that with my wife, perhaps all as we intended to seek a longer residence term than Schengen 3 months once there.

But now it seems much better to sit it out here with her and see for now.

Only and big issue for me is health insurance. My travel insurance expires on 1 May. It can be extended, but I have yet to check whether the current terms cover me for Covid care, and if cover available on an extension. Some on here mention getting a Thai policy. Which companies?

It’s true they have Only report few new infected in Thailand (38) today! But how many they have tested 39!?

I have Visa issue here now And try solve that problem! Have Visa until 10 hope they manage new rules this week like inform in news!

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:
6 hours ago, actonion said:

"the street markets are full and buzzing with people"

Really?

There are only fresh food markets open,no other markets. 

as in Ram 1, my neighborhood. And they are exactly that, people selling stuff along the street. As buzzing as the fresh talat behind the front buildings. Along with the optical stores, photo shops posting big "OPEN" sign at the door. Everybody wears face mask, even the sitting beggars. Social distancing? same as it ever was.

As for the klong boat, the seating areas accommodate only half or lesstheir capacity, every other seat cordoned off with a big X paper square. Where used to seat two to three, not seats only one. Then comes evening rush hour, the standing area is packed sardine like, same as it ever was.

Edited by watthong

Oh boy am I happy not to be in Thailand now. Imagining staying in a condominium all the time, in that heat, no swimming, no nothing. Just working online.

Instead I'm in safe Northern Europe, weather is great, spring is coming. The health care is functional, there is no panic, no curfews, no military rule and people are relaxed. Covid cases declining. It looks better by the day for Denmark, Norway, Finland, Germany.

I have tickets to Thailand on the 1st of May though. Business to and back Bkk cost 1500 € when I purchased the tickets 2 weeks ago, now the same route costs 6500 € in business (!), Qatar. Economy around 1600 €. Ridiculous.

Why I'm coming back? Picking up my family to return to safe Northern Europe. Fresh air, healthy food, big garden, lots of things to do. Stay here over the summer then maybe back to Thailand. But as many stated, the fear is what happens to the Thai economy, and whether that means an increase in racism, corruption, visa "issues" etc. Let's see. The baht will take a bath :D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 6:03 PM, Tanoshi said:

For those who asked about the Covid Insurance plan, I did mine online here:

https://www.roojai.com/en/covid/

I saw no age restrictions mentioned.

Email confirmation of acceptance.

Policy forwarded by post.

First 14 days from acceptance invalid for claims.

(Tip: When enter the start date put tomorrows date).

Many of the banks are also offering similar policies.

Just signed up. No email as yet. My wife had tried to get me this insurance from the banks, 3 times. Always hummed and haa-ed and said they would call her back. They didn't.