Hydroxychloroquine is useless

Oxx

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

I will not be at all surprised if that sly old dog Trump is on this regimen already.

That's how he's able to stand on that podium without a mask and swat away

idiots like Acosta with alarming alacrity.

Mind you he's had a lot of practice.

Hopefully, "that sly old dog trump" has taken a load of these drugs and the world will be better off for it when he suffers the consequences.

So much stupidity, so many lies, so many misunderstandings, yet, yet....... yes he still has his supporters! Wonder why?

Edited by xylophone
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Please people!
Partisan politics needs to be 100 percent divorced from the scientific examination of various ideas to treat Covid.

For a truly bizarre set of reasons "supporting" Hydroxychloroquine  has been linked to supporting the horribly divisive U.S. president and "opposing" it has been linked to his majority opposition (in the US and the world).

None of that should matter one bit!

The virus is not partisan. Medications are not partisan. Do the proper studies on this bizarrely politized med and all other potentially promising ones as well. No priority to one over another because the U.S. president hypes it. Yes speed things up as much as humanly possible. Then let the doctors, scientists, and evidence decide not freakin' politics!

Is that too much to ask for? Apparently it is.

looks like the a-holes at cnn, nyt and MSNBC did not get this memo. ????

it is becoming clear that hydroxy... isn't for all patients....the doctor needs 

to keep it in the arsenal and decide based on the patients condition, progression

of the disease etc.

10 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Jolly good.  India released a totally ineffectual medicine to America to appease a clueless moron.  Trump appears to be some sort of hero (at least in his own tiny mind), whilst Americans will die from taking the placebo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Thai MoPH does have it in it's treatment guidelines, among a coctail of others:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/guidelines/g_treatment.pdf

1. Mild case
With no risk, recommend symptomatic treatment (no need to give antiretroviral drug)

2. Mild case in high risk group with any of the following conditions; age >60 years,
lymphopenia, chronic pulmonary disease, chronic kidney disease, heart failure, obesity,
cirrhosis and any immunocompromised condition, recommend the following dual therapy
• Chloroquine (250 -500 mg) per day
• Lopinavir/Ritonavir (400/100) two times per day or alternative regimens such as
Darunavir/Ritonavir (900/100) once daily or Darunavir/Ritonavir (600/100) two
times per day. If infiltration is found on chest x-ray within 48 hours, add
Favipiravir, same as treatment of pneumonia case for 10 days.

3. Pneumonia case recommend three drugs combination including of
• Chloroquine (500-1000 mg) per day
• Favipiravir (200 mg) 8 tablets two times on Day1 then 3 tablets two times per day
from Day 2-10 or Favipiravir 60 mg/kg of bodyweight (in patient with BMI ≥35
kg/m2
).
• Lopinavir/Ritonavir (400/100) two times per day or alternative regimens
Darunavir/Ritonavir (900/100) once daily or Darunavir/Ritonavir (600/100) two
times per day.

The parent organisation of the journal which published the original "successful" French trial of Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin (International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy) has disowned the paper, stating "does not meet the ... expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety".

https://www.isac.world/news-and-publications/official-isac-statement

There's a nice breakdown of the multiple inadequacies of the paper at https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2020/03/24/thoughts-on-the-gautret-et-al-paper-about-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-treatment-of-covid-19-infections/

Perhaps most significant is that the paper did not include in its analysis 6 patients (out of 26) who received the drugs, including patients who had to be transferred to intensive care, and a patient who died.

I’d be inclined to attack the opportunistic bacteria living in your lungs. Influenzas often lead to bacterial pneumonias. So to simplify- viras leads to bacterial pneumonia. the right antibiotics, may be A huge help

• Thanks 2

Big Pharma will do everything in its powers to derail any use of this or the recently touted ivermectin.  Imagine cheap therapies that cost pennies would not only cut into big pharma profits but would seriously embarrass them.  Many good treatments have been shunned or sidelined by big pharma and their cronies in the name of money.

• Like 1

let's say, you have it ... you are in hospital ... you are DROWNING with your own liquids

you would say no to the drug that SEEM to work by several scientific , no studies, but REAL patients in different places in the world ?

certain death or try the medicine that has been used for the last 70 years ???

6 days in stead of 30, no ventilator needed, 20$ POSSIBLE cure ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oxx said:

Jolly good.  India released a totally ineffectual medicine to America to appease a clueless moron.  Trump appears to be some sort of hero (at least in his own tiny mind), whilst Americans will die from taking the placebo.

do you, by any chance, work(ed) or have stocks in big pharma ?

the vaccine will save us ... there are 200+ diseases lined up for a vaccine to be made

will you take them all, blindly ?

how did humanity survive for tens of thousands of years without those pesky vaccines

• Like 1

what I remember from the last couple of days/weeks is that

the media, owned by big pharma advertising

was repeating the 2 death dumb people that drunk fish tank cleaner, on the news, all over, with one purpose ...

trump never told people to go drink fish tank cleaner,  he spoke about the DRUG administered by an MD, not a chemical that sounded like ...

possible 20 USD$ drug to help fight corona or wait 18 months for a vaccine worth 400 BILLION USD$ profits a year

and we all know how vaccines are all "safe" and work so great, you have to get injected every single year... 

Edited by justin case

16 minutes ago, justin case said:

let's say, you have it ... you are in hospital ... you are DROWNING with your own liquids

you would say no to the drug that SEEM to work by several scientific , no studies, but REAL patients in different places in the world ?

6 days in stead of 30, no ventilator needed, 20$ POSSIBLE cure ?

and the med being used for the last 70 years for covid is????

4 minutes ago, losworld said:

and the med being used for the last 70 years for covid is????

if this is not TROLLING... known for malaria

now it is an orphan drug

which means, 20$ instead of 2000$ profits for big pharma

hence the need to DISCARD it with everything as this is a big cross over a 400 BILLION dollar profit a YEAR scam

but people cannot see that

25 minutes ago, justin case said:

Clearly one would be far better off taking aspirin.  It's been used for over 120 years, making it 71% better than chloroquine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

do you, by any chance, work(ed) or have stocks in big pharma ?

No, but I do have a Ph.D. in medical science, though.

the vaccine will save us ... there are 200+ diseases lined up for a vaccine to be made

will you take them all, blindly ?

No.  Only ones related to diseases that reasonably I might catch.  Earlier this week I had my annual 'flu jab.  I wouldn't have a vaccination against yellow fever unless I intended visiting South America or central Africa.  As soon as they create suitable vaccines for dengue and chikungunya I'll be keen to take them.

how did humanity survive for tens of thousands of years without those pesky vaccines

By dying in the millions.  Polio used to cause 15,000 cases of paralysis and 1,900 deaths annually in the United States alone.  In the early 20th century Spanish Flu killed somewhere between 17 and 100 million people.  More recently Asian Flu killed 2 million.  Hong Kong Flu killed a million.  It has been estimated that Smallpox killed 500 million people in the 100 years to 1977.  Vaccinations are one of medical science's greatest achievements, and annually they save between 2 and 3 million lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

https://www.who.int/mediacentre/commentaries/vaccines/en/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, justin case said:

shares? in an indian company that almost did not want to send it anymore ?

lol

...Not an Indian company..,. a French company.. Trump forced India to allow imports after they banned it..    Sanofi, the French drugmaker... try and get the facts right.. 

49 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No, but I do have a Ph.D. in medical science, though.

No.  Only ones related to diseases that reasonably I might catch.  Earlier this week I had my annual 'flu jab.  I wouldn't have a vaccination against yellow fever unless I intended visiting South America or central Africa.  As soon as they create suitable vaccines for dengue and chikungunya I'll be keen to take them.

By dying in the millions.  Polio used to cause 15,000 cases of paralysis and 1,900 deaths annually in the United States alone.  In the early 20th century Spanish Flu killed somewhere between 17 and 100 million people.  More recently Asian Flu killed 2 million.  Hong Kong Flu killed a million.  It has been estimated that Smallpox killed 500 million people in the 100 years to 1977.  Vaccinations are one of medical science's greatest achievements, and annually they save between 2 and 3 million lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

https://www.who.int/mediacentre/commentaries/vaccines/en/

600.000 people die of the FLU each year, VACCINE or NOT

prove me that all the people that died, because of they did/not get a useless GAMBLE of big pharma from last year what they thought would be a success this year ?

family kills more people than the FLU, no vaccine needed for that one, CLEAN FOOD & water works pretty well, so I hear, says the scientific studies, as you don't feed a population with vaccines

23 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

...Not an Indian company..,. a French company.. Trump forced India to allow imports after they banned it..    Sanofi, the French drugmaker... try and get the facts right.. 

it is made, GENERIC = no need for EXPENSIVE BRANDS MARKUP ,in INDIA

any company could make it, if they have the knowledge & equipment

because the PATENT has expired, aka, cannot ask whatever you want anymore, so time for new SCARES,   swine flu of 197x and a recent one this century ?  

remember AIDS, everybody was supposed to have family member by now with AIDS

SARS, MERS, ZIKA ?

scare people, scare governments, to give up some BASIC RIGHTS, lockdowns, etc...

26.000 people die on the roads, every year.. lockdown ?

how many because of alcohol & cigarettes ?  lockdown ?

600.000 world wide of flu ... 

pretty sure most the deaths right now, is :  when hospitals cry CORONA, they will get more funds

people that died of other diseases, already on a few drugs, on their way to death, oh, let's label this as corona, if that was the cause or not ...

the news in the USA is controlled by big pharma and now it is a constant fear mongering

HC just saved the life of a Michigan democrat congresswoman....yet its still

bad for the Dems.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491612-democratic-state-rep-thanks-trump-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-recovery

The sad truth is that Dems just want to make trump look bad....and right now it's by obstructing anything that

might reduce the fatality rate of Wuhan Virus.

These evil people would rather have people die in the hundreds of thousands rather than get behind

the president...treasonous traitors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

HC just saved the life of a Michigan democrat congresswoman

No it didn't.  This is purely anecdotal.  The fact that she claimed that a mere 2 hours after taking the drug makes her assertion utterly unreliable.

The woman is driven by political ideology and praises the manchild who is responsible for the US' atrocious response to the virus clearly suggests that her word is not to be trusted.

As for "make trump look bad", that doesn't need the Democrats.  He's doing a perfectly good (or rather, utterly incompetent) job on his own.

Let me repeat:  there is no scientific evidence whatsoever that chloroquine and its derivatives can kill the virus:  it's simply not an antiviral drug and is devoid of a plausible mechanism to do so.  There are, however, antiviral drugs which have a decent chance of defeating the virus, but Trump would rather trust his groundless "hunch" than bother to try to understand the science and promote something that actually might be effective.

50 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No it didn't.  This is purely anecdotal.  The fact that she claimed that a mere 2 hours after taking the drug makes her assertion utterly unreliable.

The woman is driven by political ideology and praises the manchild who is responsible for the US' atrocious response to the virus clearly suggests that her word is not to be trusted.

As for "make trump look bad", that doesn't need the Democrats.  He's doing a perfectly good (or rather, utterly incompetent) job on his own.

Let me repeat:  there is no scientific evidence whatsoever that chloroquine and its derivatives can kill the virus:  it's simply not an antiviral drug and is devoid of a plausible mechanism to do so.  There are, however, antiviral drugs which have a decent chance of defeating the virus, but Trump would rather trust his groundless "hunch" than bother to try to understand the science and promote something that actually might be effective.

You fail to understand the science here. It doesnt kill the virus. Your immune system does. It slows your response so you dont kill yourself by immume overeaction and allows a pathway for zinc into the cells to kill the virus.

That's why it works for some people.