I could go home to the USA

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Actually, you have several complaints about this place yet you did not mention one thing you like.

?

Your post tells me you may be trying to convince yourself to stay.

Something to think about..

Not at all, I just did not need to do that to make my point.

And what I like about my life here is my business, no need to publish it.

Besides typing is not something I enjoy very much.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

it

19 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

what I like about my life here is my business, no need to publish it.

Trying to figure out what the post is about.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I'm just so happy it wasn't colonized..

What now wait a minute......How is that possible, well lets just say that Thailand managed this feat by selectively ceding some Malay territories to the British, and through the clever use of negotiations. During WWII, Thailand was allied with Japan, so technically it was never conquered. After WWII it allied itself with the USA, which helped keep it free of the communist revolutions that swept through Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

• Like 2

i stay live in thailand, because have lot better weather,food,peoples than home country. and important for me, my little pensioon salary, i can live lot better in thailand, 5X cheapen all than homecountry, thats make me life lot better i can live lto better,comfortable,richen than homeC, i not need calculate ewery cent can i buy or not can and how i can pay this bill or not, than homeC need alltime thin keweryday. but thailand (last 7 year) no has need newer think have me money,can i buy this,how much this cost, newer not need calculate can i buy or not. lot better healt,life guality,comfortable,easy.lot more better food,tools,parts,all what i need eweryday. only big idiot go to homeC back if can stay lot better country live. why go back if thailand have cheapen and better, expet food, ALL high chefs say thailand have world best food, usa or europe i has live 25 country and working before, and europe have <deleted> food than thailand. maybe somethink special have expt rye bread, what thailand no have, but can live whitout.but ALL food have lot better than europe, spain has totally <deleted> all food,same israel,finlamd,romany,italy,many country no can make anythink good food what have my life number one important, men life have some important parts, food,how cheap have,womans, relax time and hobby. men not need more and thailand have perfect place live all life. only one problem thailand have, thai peoples have big idiot and not can do anythink good, all work thais make only half good. and idiot monkey brainless all thais, same totally idiot thai immigration law, someone idiot monkey has plan law and idiots animals has make immigration systems. this is thailand, all thais have only monkey and brainless idiots. stupid peoples at world have 1,thailand,2,russian,3,american,4,african. all other have normal but thats have totally idiot monkeys all.

Edited by finnishmen
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

Karma has finally caught up with America.  all the wars and death it has caused in the world and it rampant assault on the environment.

So then, what karma befell Southeast Asia during the 2002 tsunami when 200,000 people died? As for assualt on the environment, China and India are the world's polluters. The US skies are cleaner than both Europe's and China's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

Karma has finally caught up with America.  all the wars and death it has caused in the world and it rampant assault on the environment.

American people have about as much control of "our" (sic) government, as the Russian people were in control of the Bolsheviks during the Soviet era.

But, your anti-USA attitude is very popular with the Bolsheviks wrecking the USA through the educational-system, the media / film, etc.  They may have lost Russia (and boy do they make a stink about it via their media), but the USA is just a few more "mass-immigration years" away, from being in their control. 

And if you want to see an "assault on the environment," visit China.  Transnational factories moved there, due to weak envionmental controls.  Nothing was worse for the planet, environmentally, than stripping manufacturing out of the West.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

You sound like one of those people who's presidential candidate lost to Donald Trump ????

No, had I been in the USA 3 yrs ago, I would have voted for him.

What gets in my craw is people who guest of the Thai people

treating Thai people like <deleted>.

That is my gripe.

I don't care how much money you spend, you are still a guest.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:58 AM, PatchinExPat said:

That is my gripe.

In my experience Thais are generally good-natured but also believe they are God's chosen people and, like the Japanese, are not very tolerant of a foreigner's faux-pas.

• Sad 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Off the top of my head:

1. Rent is about 1/6th of income here, rather than over 1/2 back home.

2. I get to work in about 20 mins, rather than an hour or two like friends back home, trying to stay somewhere affordable.

3. Many more available, quality women, attainable without a six figure USD income, or movie star looks.

4. I actually feel safe walking around at night, definitely not in my hometown.

5. As much as people trash the RTP, they're not liable to beat me up or kill me like the cops back home.

Sorry, I have to dispute a few points. You sound like a Russian or Chinese propaganda troll. (1) Rent is more like 1/3 of income unless you're in the greater NYC area or California. (2) How come commutes in the city where I live are only 10-15 minutes? It depends where you live, and not everybody lives in NYC or LA. Even Philadelphia, my "long" commute was 20 minutes, because the subway system is extensive. (3) no argument there. (4) The city where I live is safe, Even NYC is safe. Violent crime is down 80% since the peak in 1992 in NYC and most parts of the U.S. (5) I don't know what you're talking about. In the two times I was pulled over for speeding since 2014, the cops were courteous.  True, if you're from the hood, you may want to present your best side, but remember the cops deal with some dangerous characters in bad neighborhoods.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:58 AM, PatchinExPat said:

That is my gripe.

With the shoe on a different foot I wish more people like you would leave the USA and go to Thailand. Furthermore renounce your citizenship and pay your exit tax and be completely done with it. The amount of people that live under a Thai whatever you are allowed to call it without being arrested and complain about the USA bewilders me.

You got the Pattaya shoe box studio crowd up in the world news section constantly venting everyday.

You seem to not like foreigners but come to an expat website just to make a thread like this? Why not limit yourself to interacting with only Thais? 

Seems like the last connection to these western people you despise so much is the internet. Try cutting the connection and go completely Thai. You'll be eating bugs and watching Thai TV before you know it. 

I have lived in around 20 different countries for real lengths of time. Thailand stood out as having the bottom of the barrel in terms of expats. Easy visas are a double edged sword. 

I see a lot of posts lately which seem to be a number of people are coming to the realization slowly that the gig is up in Thailand. The financial convenience is not what it was and the oppressiveness of the place keeps ratcheting to record levels

On 4/7/2020 at 3:34 AM, Drew3223 said:

I am new to this forum, been here maybe one month, seeking advice at this time of crisis. 

I feel what the OP says. I go into an interesting looking topic and by page 3 Westerners are bickering among themselves and offering nothing of any use to anyone. So childish. 

The types of people the OP is talking about are people that came here because they could not hack the life back home. They have chosen to export confrontational and anti-social behavior to another country and fora and seem hopelessly oblivious to the fact that the one constant in the equation that equals unhappiness wherever they go is themselves. 

Wish they would just shut up and let adults discuss things. Don't derail topics with your petty BS. 

When you get to the point you make threads like this one you will fit right in and the cycle will continue. He says he despises westerners. Yet he comes to the biggest expat site about Thailand and feels the need to tell everybody who terrible they are. I don't come knocking on his door in Nakhon nowhere to tell him I think he is a terrible person. 

He comes here and opens a thread that seeks to do nothing more than start confrontation.