No plans to order 24 hour curfew in Thailand: govt

Jonathan Fairfield

A post using a disallowed reference to the PM and a reply has been removed.

A post in which the quoted content had been intentionally altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

16 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Of course, the number is 51 today which truly surprised me. Keep the numbers small to  avoid 24 hrs curfew.

I think it's a simple case of mathematics. The loss of a life is cheaper than a single Covid 19 test. 

16 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Of course, the number is 51 today which truly surprised me. Keep the numbers small to  avoid 24 hrs curfew.

Not really 

70 % off the world population must be infected and recovered 

World wide and nation wide

So keep the numbers manageable until we get the crawd immunety and from this point the rest will be manageable or vaccinated 

Hopefully on the way we get medication or vaccine to reduce the amount of sickness. 

And don't even think about 24 hours curfew only stupid stupid stupid people do that or dictators. 

Have to have a strategy off how to keep the infection going without getting out of control 

The nightly curfew is only good for the safety regarded ovoiding burglary in the wide scale seen here. 

The shut down off patong and rawai is plain unintelligent or stupid if you want. 

Better shut down the governors office as wich he hold like a fool. 

No doubt he should have made facilities ready only for covid 19 with staff and keep until the vaccine is produced. 

And as the number is low slowly reopen shops 1 Beach 1 month if ok next step hotels 1 Beach 2 month ok small steps with restrictions 

But he keeps closing more and more. its lack of competence he is not educated and the wrong decision, he make is the proof. 

Nobody would ever use one strategy on a complex situation as this but there is only one goal  getting back. 

Truely not as slow as possible but as fast. 

Everyone needs to make a living and that is a part of our business 

That makes it a business for the governments all over the world too. 

But here it's catastrophic the handling off covid 19 and not in anybodys interest. 

It's not realistic to keep it shut its realistic to try to find the way back 

And the way back is not keep shut all the time, it's the opposite. 

So start moving back in manageable steps. 

And make facility for covid 19 only. 

Structure it, but it seams like the leaders brain kapacitet is limit way below structure. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Here it is. The Junta  govt. can't afford a 24hr curfew because they know it will be the end of them. Drop the numbers. Make yourself look good and avoid the consequences political, social and ecomocic. The drop in numbers is a smoke screen.

Sounds like a good plan... keep people working during the day, keep mass gatherings at night to zero, push the self protection and hope for the best!

Good because Kerry Express isn’t answering the phone right now and if my new blender doesn’t arrive today then we will have to go to the mall this afternoon. But it should arrive I’ve had one Kerry delivery since this began and they are still delivering they were answering the phone just last night. It seems like whenever I read good news on here I don’t question it at all like everything else because they rarely write any good news about anything. 

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

I still find it hard to believe these government numbers TIT

Probably many of those who believe that there is a conspiracy to keep the number of cases low, are the same who believed that there was a conspiracy to keep the baht exchange rate high...

They really need a 24-hour curfew, starting around the 10th or 11th of April and lasting until Songkran is well and truly over. Otherwise people are just going to drive off to visit their extended families to drink and party (sharing booze, food and fags, of course). My neighbours down the road have already left early to visit their family in Trat, maybe the rumours of the 24-hour curfew caused them to accelerate their plans? If the government doesn't stop people moving all over the country during the next ten days or so then much of the economic pain and personal inconvenience caused by its social distancing policies will be at risk of being wasted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

So Prayuth starts a rumour that 24 hour curfew will be put in place if numbers keep rising and the spokeswoman denies the rumours are true.Then says actually Prayuth hasn't made his mind up and therefore there might be a 24 hr curfew this week.Well that's clear as mud as usual. 

My wife tells me that the 24 hour curfew will be from the 11th to the 17th April, Thai hearsay?

Terms like "undecided" , "not any time soon" and "not this week" have inherent flexibility.

24 hour curfew is too drastic but the current hours is too short.

It should be extended from 9 pm to 9 am. That should keep the party-goers at home.

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

I suspect the government floated the rumor to see how it would be received by the people and sensing a very negative response decided reducing the numbers infected was the better move

That may be but these rumors are becoming annoying

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Allset said:

The Kerry Express deliveries I guess aren’t coming so we’re going to the mall to buy it. Suddenly today Kerry Express deliveries are at a stand still so much for staying indoors I guess. 

Good luck with that.  I don't know which mall you have in mind but I've just been to Big C Extra in Pattaya and everything apart from the food aisles is closed off!

A 24 hour curfew is the stupidest thing the junta can do. I will predict riots as most Thai won't have something to eat other than som tam.

Over 75% of the condos in Bangkok are supplied with only a microwave. The 'kitchens' in most condos or apartments are only having a sink and a counter from about 50 cm wide to put a cup and a dish on. No air extraction as most hoods in Thailand only filter the air a bit when they are new and clean and circulate the air causing a very high level of CO, CO2 and NOx when cooking food on a small induction plate. Thai and cleaning a hood, that one is waiting to get born. 

Edited by Tops
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

24 hour curfew is too drastic but the current hours is too short.

It should be extended from 9 pm to 9 am. That should keep the party-goers at home.

There are more farmers than party goers, and farmers can't afford the luxury of staying at home until 9 am...

• Like 2

I for 1 am glad there will be no 24 hour curfew.Why becauuse most thais i see in Ubon are complying with the present curfew 10-4. 24 hour curfew. This only causes panic buying Geez we dont need that because many more Thais will starve to death than the virus will kill. As for that cop standing on looking for curfew breakers might be a great idea if you did the same thing for all the bad drivers On thai roads

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Here it is. The Junta  govt. can't afford a 24hr curfew because they know it will be the end of them. Drop the numbers. Make yourself look good and avoid the consequences political, social and ecomocic. The drop in numbers is a smoke screen.

Any sources for your claim that the drop in numbers is a smokescreen? Or are you just venting your dislike of the government and Thailand, the country you have made you home.

• Like 1

This is good news. The 24 hour curfew would have been a nightmare for the army. Hard to enforce, and could have potentially led to martial law. I doubt the people would have tolerated it. Enough is enough. We still have to live our lives. Besides, it appears the virus is flattening out already. Only 334 new cases in the past four days. Nice. 95 degrees F, vs. Covid. Dead on arrival, it appears. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dinsdale said:

We need more morones like you ...

19 hours ago, webfact said:

No plan for 24-hour curfew yet

By THE NATION

800_2459963b48a7e32.jpg

File photo: Narumon Pinyosinwat

Government spokeswoman Narumon Pinyosinwat dismissed rumours that a 24-hour curfew will be declared this week, saying on Monday (April 6) that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has yet to make a decision on the matter.

She spoke amid growing speculation that the government will impose a round-the-clock curfew on April 10 to curb the Covid-19 pandemic.

She said that the rumour was groundless, but that the government was prepared to take further action if the speed of the outbreak did not slow. She said people should listen only to official announcements from the government or the Centre of Covid-19 Situation Administration.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385492

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-06

Dismissed romours brought up from same source a few days ago? How does that work?

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385341

21 hours ago, z42 said:

Finally, some sense. In lieu of a vaccine this virus will kill many, but realistically the people must be allowed to make a living.

People understand more than ever about protecting themselves. 

Now the bigger picture of educating people about zoonotic diseases and avoiding animal products which have been the cause of pretty much every pandemic in the last 50 years.

Life will have to continue soon. And knowing how we got here, and coming out the other side smarter in regards to how to reduce the likelihoods of future pandemics should be the goal.

People now should be more aware and considerate of how their choices affect humans and other animals alike.

hell you have this totally wrong this virus was calculated in a lab by the Chinese military only 100ks from where it was released at a fish market do not loose site of the facts this is war

• Haha 1